Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hamas firing rockets / Israel retaliating

Hamas has been firing rockets into israel for years with limited repurcussions. Recently Israel made a surgical strike on a car carrying a Hamas leader that took credit for such attacks. Since then Hamas has stepped up rockets fired into Israel and has had more retaliation than usual.

As usual, Hamas tends to fire from positions in the immediate vicinity of hospitals and schools. When israel fires back, the media cooperates by pushing the narrative Israel is targetting civilians.

My thought is Hamas vs IDF is like the Boy Scouts vs USMC. Their actions seem to be targetted to get their own civilians killed for purpose of gruesome photo-ops... Thus encouraging outrage against israel.

It appears Egypt is considering taking this rather obvious bait. Your thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:47 AM
The Controversial Coder
Latest Blog:
None

My thoughts are that if "Israel" didn't have the consistant backing, funding and approval of the US they would have been wiped out years ago. Palestine and Hamas have legitimate rights to East Jerusalem and should be allowed their rights, instead Israel bombards a small force of fighters with their vastly superior army and yet still have to incompetence not to be able to wipe them out to stop casualties happening to their own civillians.

Americans seem to look upon Israel as some kind of democratic force of good, when the rest of the world see's them as the parasitic force of country-annexing evil that they really are.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Strange how they fight over land and claim that Israel have occupied parts of their territory. I guess it depends on how far back one wishes to go in history because if I am correct here, it all belonged to the nation of Israel in ancient times.

I am not going to take sides as they both have legitimate arguments.

@ Dan, Isreal have no intentions of wiping them out and it is just a tit-for-tat at the moment. They are a very competant nation (military wise) and are refusing at the moment, to get drawn into a full war. I don't know their reasons for not but it is better for Hamas that they don't otherwise they would have to go in with tanks and more civilians would be killed than have been up to now as most of these people hide behind civilians and within civilian properties.

If Israel went in with full military, it would be a much bigger blood bath and that is something they won't want to do unless their hands are forced.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

They're both in the wrong. But I feel bad for Palestinian civilians because it's an uneven battle. They should just cordon off the entire area and kick everyone out, if they can't get along then no one gets to live there.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The geo political Zionist string pullers care not for civilian deaths on either side.

Illuminati Agenda - What Is The Illuminati? Who Are The Illuminati And What Have They Got Planned For YOU?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
The geo political Zionist string pullers care not for civilian deaths on either side.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I suspect that if the rockets were blowing up London or New York or any other city in the world there would be some serious retaliation. And in my opinion the aggressor is responsible for any collateral damage that results.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I suspect that if the rockets were blowing up London or New York or any other city in the world there would be some serious retaliation. And in my opinion the aggressor is responsible for any collateral damage that results.
That's an interesting point.
So, if Israelis, occupying Palestine, are fired upon by Hamas... Who's the aggressor?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues