Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

$60.4billion Hurricane Sandy Aid Bill Stuffed With Pork

Quote:
President Obama's proposed $60.4 billion federal aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy has been revealed stuffed with millions in spending for museums and NASA with portions sent as far from the Northeast’s destruction as Alaska. Now dubbed the 'Sandy scam' by its critics, only a portion of the federal funding goes directly to states and victims hardest hit by superstorm Sandy in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fisheries.html
Have you seen this? After reading the full article, I would like to hear your comments...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Why?

As a NJ resident, I'm just upset about how this bill got approved and not reviewed before the checks was written.

We still have NJ and NY residents needing cash to get there lives back on track and have a place to call there home since there house's are totaled. Insurance companies are being a bunch of @##holes and not forking out the money that they home owner needs to fix the house or for a down payment to get a home

A lot of families will have a bad xmas because they don't have the money to buy a lot of gifts. I'm going to step out of this thread as I have some harsh words to say.

I had family with no power for 12 days and a few of them couldn't even go to work as the company they worked for had no power. They didn't get a check for lost wages.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

And like we are surprised that our wizards in Washington have once again taken care of the public that they are sworn to help....

They are a bunch of greedy idiots that should be fired for ......well for .....just not helping the people who need it...

Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Why?

As a NJ resident, I'm just upset about how this bill got approved and not reviewed before the checks was written.
It looks like they are just rubber stampers....pretty shameful for people representatives

Robespierre

Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
v7n Mentor

Seems to me there is a reason we don't need to pass budgets... just pop your requests in the next bill for aid.

No one can vote no for the bill because the press would call a person heartless for voting NO to helping Sandy victims.

I guess Washington spending is like shopping at Target. You go in for chicken and a nice salad and come out with dinner plus a couch, new socks, a cool retro bicycle and some legos.

And you charge it - and so do they.

Last edited by txshellie; 12-21-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: I have a head cold and needed to change a couple of words.... LOL

Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

A couple of things.
1. Before calling it pork, look at the merit of each provision.
2. Compared with previous bills, this is pretty modest (ex. 2007 Emergency War Spending Bill)

There is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on without doubt, but this bill passed the Senate with a huge majority. If principles are important, hopefully one of them would be to make sure relief for those that need help is not withheld. The same thing applies to a tax cut extension for the lowest 98%. We have to decide what is most important.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Alot of the time bills are put into other bills that they know will pass so they can get their bill through. If the bill would have to be voted on individually alot of them wouldn't get passed on their own merit. I don't think this kind of thing should be allowed to go on. If a bill is bad don't put it with one you know will pass (I.E. The sandy relief bill) Most of the reps don't even read the bill to find out what is in it. Someone just gives them a quick synopsis and they think that sounds good to me and don't read the fine print!! Or even all of the print! And do they ask us about it............? Not that our opinion counts either.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

The new rules on bills should fix all this...
Wait!..
I just woke up....musta' been a dream....

That is why we have the best congress that money can buy...

Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Not sure what you mean, I was effected by Sandy and FEMA did a pretty good job of taking care of my family.... also the RED Cross, I heard NJ got the blunt of it... I am terribly sorry.. I hope all is okay now..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues