Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 AM
v7n Mentor

6 cows and Military Drones

Did you all hear about this back in the Summer?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...erican-citizen

Court records state that last June, six cows wandered onto Brossart's 3,000 acre farm, about 60 miles west of Grand Forks. Brossart allegedly refused to return the cows, which led to a long, armed standoff with the Grand Forks police department. At some point during the standoff, Homeland Security, through an agreement with local police, offered up the use of an unmanned predator drone, which "was used for surveillance," according to the court documents.

Grand Forks SWAT team chief Bill Macki said in an interview that the drone was used to ensure Brossart and his family members, who were also charged, didn't leave the farm and were unarmed during the arresting raid.

I just have to wonder what it costs to deploy an unmanned drone to recover 12,000 worth of beef?

I guess I'd better watch my speed on the drive between Fort Worth and Lubbock. You never know when a military vehicle might be used to give me a speeding ticket.

What do you think of this use of a military asset?

Last edited by txshellie; 01-08-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Timeframe correction

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

wow, this is insane.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is the cause of USA hardships it has right now, it spends lots of money in militaly that at times would be prevented and use it on other problems that helps its citizens.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
Did you all hear about this back in the Summer?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...erican-citizen

Court records state that last June, six cows wandered onto Brossart's 3,000 acre farm, about 60 miles west of Grand Forks. Brossart allegedly refused to return the cows, which led to a long, armed standoff with the Grand Forks police department. At some point during the standoff, Homeland Security, through an agreement with local police, offered up the use of an unmanned predator drone, which "was used for surveillance," according to the court documents.

Grand Forks SWAT team chief Bill Macki said in an interview that the drone was used to ensure Brossart and his family members, who were also charged, didn't leave the farm and were unarmed during the arresting raid.

I just have to wonder what it costs to deploy an unmanned drone to recover 12,000 worth of beef?

I guess I'd better watch my speed on the drive between Fort Worth and Lubbock. You never know when a military vehicle might be used to give me a speeding ticket.

What do you think of this use of a military asset?
This is, but, the tip of an iceberg that most folks don't want to look at.
It's only a matter of time before drones are authorized to fire upon targets within the US.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is unbelievable! I know that the lives of the police officer were at stake, but using a drone ? What's next using Apache and Blackhawk helicopters for traffic control ?

Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Good point. A speeding ticket or worse...

[YT]b2xnWYx8YK8[/YT]

Last edited by Bob Barr; 01-11-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

that's a winner Bob ...

of course a while ago I was pulled over on I-10 and given a speeding ticket - the cop told me to look up to see a plane, they were clocking people by air. a real laugher ...

Grand Forks SWAT team chief Bill Macki said ...

not sure what the thread is about - why were they not returning the cows - why would they need a drone and why was there a SWAT team to "arrest" them ?

All's Well that Ends Well

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues