Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bill Gates says he has no more personal use for money

http://www.neowin.net/news/bill-gate...-use-for-money

Quote:
Bill Gates is, without a doubt, a very wealthy man. The co-founder and Chairman of Microsoft is currently the richest man in the US and the second richest man in the world, with an approximate net worth of $63.4 billion. However, in a new interview Gates says that all that money doesn't mean much to him on a personal level.

In a chat with the Telegraph website, Gates says bluntly:

"I’m certainly well taken care of in terms of food and clothes. Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point. Its utility is entirely in building an organization and getting the resources out to the poorest in the world."

That organization is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which has used its resources to help fund efforts to stop deadly diseases in third world countries along with efforts to improve education in the US. So far, the group has given out a whopping $28  billion. Gates says that 95 percent of his wealth will go towards the foundation and that the money will all be spent within 20 years of his and his wife' death.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I'll take a hand out but I like what he is doing with his money.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

with an approximate net worth of $63.4 billion.

I wonder how they can even keep track of it ...

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

A smart man. Tis' a shame that more people can't realize that you only need so much.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

He's so blessed and yet he still works hard, he deserve what he's enjoying right now.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Latest Blog:
None

wow a man with that much money is surely blessed... I have to give him credit though... he choose to use it to help everyone... a saint in my book..

Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

aye good on him..imagine his spare change drawer...probably stuffed with $100 notes :O

Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It is a bit ironic that the guy who has more money than the GDP of most countries doesn't feel that he needs them, but I have to admit that his charity projects have had a real impact in the last years and have saved probably millions of people.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM

It's great that they're helping charities, but with a $50,000,000 donation how can someone be sure that it is spent effectively? Especially like KONY2012

Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Contributing Member

What can you expect? He has too much! For sure food and clothing won't cost millions in a day. As a businessman that he is, he's using his money to make his business even more successful. Money revolves around business. It's good that he's sparing some for the needy. There's really no use keeping much, IMO. I mean, if you have that much, it surely is a joy to see smiles from people who greatly need of help, like our poor brothers and sisters. God bless this man.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I wish all rich people would be like him because what he is doing with his money is so wonderful.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Heard his wife on PRI the other day (Is the programme I'm thinking of called "Wait, Wait"?
Really lovely and down to earth.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

this guy lives the life one could only dream of. have u seen his house? it amazing

Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

When you are so rich for a quite long time, money becomes not so important anymore. Same goes for most of things in our lives. Just for example how good it feels when you buy a new car, but drive that car for even a few years and later it gets no so important anymore and you can't feel the same joy as you did in the first days.
Especially when you have so much money, most of the things even gets bored.
Automotive site--Camaro Car Place

Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Contributing Member

Bill Gate is a good example of a smart and rich but down to earth people.
If I were as rich as him I'll do the same. I agree that money is very important
specially for everyday needs, but you can't take it with you when you die so if
you have a lot it should be given to those worth giving and spend it wisely.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:49 PM

I don't want to be a party pooper in this thread but has anyone heard of the vacсines that he sponsors in Africa?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bill Gates is really helping my country with his money through the organisation their union set up.

Download latest Free PSX ROMS in our PSX ROMS FREE site

Old 03-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Latest Blog:
None

He is right. I wish more of us felt that way. Money is money. It is a tool and its usefulness is limited. When we have our needs met, more money is not going to make us happier or get along better, but when we figure out how to help others, then we can start making the world a better place.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bill Gates and 47,500 Cases of Paralysis

Quote:
In India, Monsanto hired Bollywood actors to promote genetically engineered cotton seed to illiterate farmers. Nana Petakar became a brand ambassador for Monsanto. The advertising has been called “aggressive, unscrupulous and false.”

Bill Gates, heavily invested in Monsanto’s GMOs as well as in vaccines, hired the most beloved of Indian actors, Amitabh Bachchan, to promote the oral polio vaccine.

Here is one example of the ads Bachchan created. Here is Bachchan and use of Bollywood itself to promote the vaccines, and here is another ad, in which Bachchan employes his acting skills.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation says:

“Worldwide efforts in the last two decades have reduced the number of polio cases by 99 percent. Until we reach eradication, however, we are working with governments and all partners in the polio effort to ensure no child is at risk of either contracting or transmitting this crippling disease.”

Monsanto used Bollywood actors and succeeded in selling India’s farmers Bt cotton seeds. Profits for Monsanto rose. When yields were less than promised, farmers incurred massive debt, leading many to suicide, in what is considered “the worst-ever recorded wave of suicides of this kind in human history.” To date, the number of suicides has surpassed 250,000.
This is a long article with a lot of details: http://foodfreedomgroup.com/2012/04/...ralysis-cases/

Also, Gates Foundation recently spent $27 million to buy 500,000 shares of Monsanto.

Robespierre

Old 03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

After you bought everything you wanted, traveled everywhere you wanted, did pretty much everything whenever you wanted and finally did it all with whom you wanted, I can't really see to which end he could possibly use the money personally that he hasn't already tried. At least he's trying to make a difference globally

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues