Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM
v7n Mentor

I think that unless the Irish participants are 100 pound women, then 2-3 drinks will hardly classify them as "drunk" drivers.

Maybe seeing all the Irish country residents sit at home "safe" within their four walls ready to provide labor and resources without unnecessary social interaction is the desired outcome.

I'm glad that the Irish farmers have better educated and enlightened people in their city-centers to take care of them. They can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Councilor and County Kerry pub owner Danny Healy-Rae introduced the bill ....

“A lot of these people are living in isolated rural areas where there’s no public transport of any kind, and they end up at home looking at the four walls, night in and night out, because they don’t want to take the risk of losing their license,” Healy-Rae told TheJournal.ie.

The overall number of road deaths has fallen by 56 percent in the last five years and in 2012, 161 people were killed, the lowest since records began being kept

I can sympathies with only 2 or 3 drinks ... hard to believe that if that is their only form of entertainment, drinking alcohol other than sitting at home looking at walls they will stay inside that margin.

its not like there are not other opportunities to pass time in the evening than drinking.

why not go out have fun then when back home drink then ...

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
I can sympathies with only 2 or 3 drinks ... hard to believe that if that is their only form of entertainment, drinking alcohol other than sitting at home looking at walls they will stay inside that margin.

its not like there are not other opportunities to pass time in the evening than drinking.

why not go out have fun then when back home drink then ...
The key issue is that there are laws in place that even 2-3 drinks will land you in jail if you get behind the wheel of your car.

It is part of many cultures that socializing involves a glass or two of wine or a pint or two of beer.

I'm really not getting a vision of a bunch of men getting together at the nearest planetarium to have a social hour.

It's Ireland. It's out in the country.

See how Southern Ireland is described:

Ireland's green rolling hills, rich cultural history, and warm friendly pubs make it a top vacation destination.

http://www.ehow.com/list_7226410_things-see-southern-ireland.html

Would you have the government provide a list of socially and psychologically approved recreational activities?

Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

everyone loves the Irish

sure, the gov't in America provides all types of amenities, why not Ireland's ... Tallahassee even owns and operates a Golf Club.

I work out every evening at the gym, spin and steps - fun classes.

for me the merriment of Alcohol is mistaken - it doesn't help but only makes the "walls" worse - I seldom drink the stuff.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't get why they would do this, and I believe it is a terrible move on there part, however it is there opinion, so I guess they are allowed to do this. I feel like this will just cause more problems and accidents, causing more people to lose there loved ones.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues