Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

People Said This Wouldn't/Couldn't Happen.

People didn't want to believe that their own government would turn on them. Guess what people read this and think again. NO Proof?

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...americans?lite

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think USA is going astray because you cann't order the killing of someone just like that, what if that person is wrongly accused of some thing which he/ she is not involved in, I think this tactic is the worst ever

Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

I think the message is pretty clear. If you are a member of an organization dedicated to the destruction of the western way of life you have the right to die and get your reward.

Period. End of story. You reap the fruits of your labor.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Pretty scary.
No trial or other set of checks and balances before death sentences are carried out.
And now that they've established that Americans can be executed this way, there's not much difference to the victim if you kill him in Yemen or somewhere in Texas, opening the door to drone strikes inside the US.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The founding fathers of this great country created three government branches for a reason. They just supressed one, the judicial branch. What kind of society are we going to?

Robespierre

Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Zap you have a point there. A good one about limiting the action on US soil.

The sad truth as I see it is that this a war unlike any we ever fought before. War is a terrible nasty business best not practiced by civilized people. When however we must engage in it, we need to fight to win. Pandering, hand holding and rights go out the window.

You fight fire with fire. Peeing on it is not going to put it out.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 02-05-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: add "not" which was a typo

Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The undated memo is entitled “Lawfulness of a Lethal Operation Directed Against a U.S. Citizen who is a Senior Operational Leader of Al Qa’ida or An Associated Force.” It was provided to members of the Senate Intelligence and Judiciary committees in June by administration officials on the condition that it be kept confidential and not discussed publicly.

A confidential Justice Department memo concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” -- even if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S

On Monday, a bipartisan group of 11 senators -- led by Democrat Ron Wyden of Oregon — wrote a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to release all Justice Department memos on the subject. While accepting that “there will clearly be circumstances in which the president has the authority to use lethal force” against Americans who take up arms against the country, it said, “It is vitally important ... for Congress and the American public to have a full understanding of how the executive branch interprets the limits and boundaries of this authority.”

... against Americans who take up arms against the country,

the above, "taking up arms" may be the operative motive behind the legal document.

not an opinion one would expect from a "civil rights" Administration - expediency is not a reason for such an opinion ... the Congress should at least require a Judicial review to verify the planed operation.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
The sad truth as I see it is that this a war unlike any we ever fought before. War is a terrible nasty business best not practiced by civilized people. When however we must engage in it, we need to fight to win. Pandering, hand holding and rights go out the window.

You fight fire with fire. Peeing on it is going to put it out.
I unfortunately disagree. When we claim to be a democracy, we don't act like that. What make us different from them if we apply the same radical actions?

Also in this kind of operation here at home could generate collateral damages on the US soil. I have some hard time to believe that this country needs execution squads by armed drones on the US, there are plenty of gov agencies all over the country to neutralize the very bad people. Now overseas is a different thing.

Robespierre

Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I unfortunately disagree. When we claim to be a democracy, we don't act like that. What make us different from them if we apply the same radical actions?
I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on the topic.

However this country was established by a group of radicals rebelling against a king and they broke the rules of engagement for what was then considered "civilized warfare". They did not stand there on an open field and exchange rounds all the time. Sometimes they hid and shot, attacked and ran to attack again. They wanted to win at any price. In short they had the man-berries to do what had to be done.

And frankly I loved the Tom Clancy book where the president blew the hell out of the terrorists with a cruise missal and showed in live TV. Old Jack Ryan knew what it took to win.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on the topic.
Perhaps

Quote:
However this country was established by a group of radicals rebelling against a king and they broke the rules of engagement for what was then considered "civilized warfare". They did not stand there on an open field and exchange rounds all the time. Sometimes they hid and shot, attacked and ran to attack again. They wanted to win at any price. In short they had the man-berries to do what had to be done.
Well, in my opinion there is a difference between creating some killing squads and neutralizing, yes neutralizing could also be deadly at the last resort but the intended approach is different and more ethical.

Robespierre

Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I think the message is pretty clear. If you are a member of an organization dedicated to the destruction of the western way of life you have the right to die and get your reward.

Period. End of story. You reap the fruits of your labor.
If you come to the west with the sole purpose of harm and destruction to their way or life, then you have two choices, either go back home or be removed from the system by whatever means is necessary.

I kind of agree to this, though I would say that one would require 110% proof and there should be a court case otherwise governments will just start removing anyone they feel without proof and this is SOOO DANGEROUS on so many levels.

If one has proof that specific people either living here or have travelled here with the purpose of killing, then yes, wipe them out.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=1

Here is an update to follow up on this.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues