Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

First Known Human Target for Airborne Drones on U.S. Soil

Quote:
It's official: The drone war has come home to America. Wanted fugitive Christopher Dorner, the homicidal former cop currently at war with the LAPD, has become the first known human target for airborne drones on U.S. soil. http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorne...get-on-us-soil
WOW! Assumed guilty?

It kinda makes you wonder if LAPD has a reason for only one side of this story to be heard... (1 million dollar reward!)

Is it just me or is this insane?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

When did we take the war on USA soil now? Is this where our tax dollars go now? Bombing on USA soil?

I understand about this fugitive's case but even attempting to do a strike up in the mountains with snow up there could do more harm then good.

Also this is just stupid and someone in washington needs to get there head out of there @#$.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
v7n Mentor

I would very seriously hope that the drone(s) are used strictly for search, though that is still a very scary precedent. It does bring the Clint Eastwood movie "The Guantlet" to mind.

Quote:
The two then prepare to enter the gauntlet of armed police officers that corrupt Police Commissioner Blakelock has set up to stop Shockley and Mally from entering Phoenix. The two hijack a bus and are about to enter town when Maynard Josephson, an old friend of Shockley's, warns the two of the gauntlet Blakelock has set up for them. While stepping out of the bus to discuss the terms, Josephson is shot dead by shooters from a nearby building and Shockley is hit in the leg. Now with no other option, the two enter the town and are shot at until the bus can no longer move. The two surrender and Shockley is shot and wounded by Blakelock who in return is shot dead by Mally. Shockley and Mally walk away safely from the gauntlet of cops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gauntlet_%28film%29
www.pchelper123.com

Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I knew it was coming, but I must admit that I didn't think it would be this soon.
If the frog is not yet boiling, then it won't be long now. The pace has quickened.

If you juxtapose this with the current climate surrounding guns and gun grabbers, it helps the gun grabbing make some sense.
We can't have a citizenry capable of protecting Mr. Dorner's Constitutional rights when the government won't, now can we?

When you put the pieces together, you can see where all this leads...

Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
As the manhunt for him broadened across numerous police jurisdictions, police mistakenly shot and wounded a mother and daughter delivering newspapers in a pick-up truck similar to Dorner’s.

That incident, in the LA suburb of Torrance, was astonishingly followed two hours later by another in the same area, when police again opened fire on a pick-up. This time, there were no casualties. Hours later, Dorner’s actual pick-up truck was found on a forest road near Big Bear City.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...lled-policeman

It looks like no intention to arrest but to kill, why?

Robespierre

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
A truck "similar" to Dorner's???
Wrong make/model and wrong colour. So how exactly were the two trucks "similar"? They were trucks.
In other words, at least for a while, LAPD were shooting at anything that moved.
Nice.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

is someone worried the pilot and extra spotters on board will be hurt if their plane is shot down - one camera is better ?

I'd rather the Drone than the k-9 ...

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
is someone worried the pilot and extra spotters on board will be hurt if their plane is shot down - one camera is better ?

I'd rather the Drone than the k-9 ...
Because they're going to do a much better job of positive identification before opening fire via drone than they have so far on the ground?
I sure hope so.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues