Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

US pledges $60 million in aid for Syrian opposition

Quote:
In a new show of support for the Syrian opposition, US Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday in Rome that his country would provide Syrian rebels with an additional $60 million in non-lethal aid including food and medical supplies. By News Wires (text) The Obama administration said Thursday that it will provide the Syrian opposition with an additional $60 million in assistance and - in a significant policy shift - will for the first time provide non-lethal aid like food and medical supplies to rebels battling to oust President Bashar Assad.

“We need to stand on the side of those who want to see a free Syria,” U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said. “The stakes are really high and we can’t risk letting this country in the heart of the Mideast being destroyed by vicious autocrats.”

Kerry announced the new support and the decision to back the rebel fighters on the sidelines of an international conference on Syria in Rome, where European and Arab nations also signaled their intention to provide fresh assistance to the opposition.

“No nation, no people should live in fear of their so-called leaders,” Kerry said.
http://www.france24.com/en/20130228-...ian-opposition

See where the taxpayer money goes?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
“No nation, no people should live in fear of their so-called leaders,” Kerry said.
Oh! The irony!
It's so thick you can pierce it with a DHS hollow point bullet.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I noticed that last remark also Zap and it made me give an ironic smile as I thought about the amount of money the US has spent over the years just in keeping its people in this "fear" category.

These politicians either have an agenda to see who can spout the most crap over the years, or genuinely think people believe them.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
These politicians either have an agenda to see who can spout the most crap over the years, or genuinely think people believe them.
If we could bag and ship the Washington output to the farmers we would have a totally organic fertilizer. Now that would be a real living green moment.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I guess people start to wake up, of course the politicians have an agenda, perhaps not the one we all wish for the people in the western countries.

Everyday it is much more apparent in US and the EU, here it starts by the Constitution. They cannot achieve their globalization without the destruction of the Constitution, anyway that's what I think along with others.

When we talk about spending, why Washington has already provided $385 million in humanitarian aid to Syria?

Shouldn't the American people be the priority?

Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

We are delivering a squadron of F-16s and 200 M1 Abrams tanks to Egypt as a part of $1.3 Billion in aid we will hand the Mulim Brotherhood there for free, even as the president pretends the reduction in growth of Federal spending resulting from the sequestration bill he proposed and signed (but promised wouldnt happen, oddly, in the third debate) is supposedly going to limit our government from fulfilling even basic obligations at home. He refused to deploy a carrier as needed last week citing something about the cost just being too much under the sequestration tainted budget.

He's threatened sequestration will stop us from paying first responders, teachers and such, even though last i checked, teachers, cops and firemen werent paid by the federal government. Basically he's blowing smoke up people's skirts while throwing money wherever he wants.

If in fact his claims of doom were true, logic would suggest a rational leader would stop giving away expensive gifts to other countries before releasing prisoners and such (and he already released a boatload in AZ). He's either stupid or just playing for the wrong team.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

With the Presifent constantly going back on his policies and changing his mind on what he says, I have come to the conclusion that he wants to be like this Italian leader..

That said, do you blame him. If corruption causes you to feel that good and happy, I think I am actually a little jelous and all for it
Attached Thumbnails
US pledges  million in aid for Syrian opposition-silvio_berlusconi.jpg  

Last edited by G10; 03-03-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: .. how can you look at this picture and not give a little smile, yourself - lol!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hey, he should've used a screaming goat while peddling his dire predictions. Someone fixed that for him:

[YT]yietmUdqJos[/YT]

Yet we have money for Holder to peddle his wares from a private luxury jet, for Barack and Michelle to take frequent world class vacations, money to spare when any third world nation that hates us needs a few million or billion. He's TOTALLY credible... or so MSNBC tells me.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Hey, he should've used a screaming goat while peddling his dire predictions. Someone fixed that for him:

Yet we have money for Holder to peddle his wares from a private luxury jet, for Barack and Michelle to take frequent world class vacations, money to spare when any third world nation that hates us needs a few million or billion. He's TOTALLY credible... or so MSNBC tells me.
It doesn't bother them to continue buying billions of bullets and firearms, it doesn't bother them to buy drones (that detect armed law abiding citizens), it doesn't bother them to buy military equipment for federal agencies, it doesn't bother them to send millions to help countries or revolutionary insurgents that are mostly not friendly, etc.

But nooooo, they cannot find the money to protect our kids at school, they cannot find the money for crumbling bridges, fixing roads, fixing the economy, fixing the skyrocketing prices, or simply a better life for all, yet the federal reserve keeps pumping out trillions of dollars that do nothing.

You have to ask yourself if these politicians are really what the American people voted for to protect them, the economy and the defense of this great country. Instead these politicians tell us what to do, how to live our life, what is best for our children, what we should buy, how to take care of our health, how to defend ourselves. They have no problem with letting manufacturing (and other) jobs go overseas, letting the products come back at undercut prices, and destroying American society. This needs to stop.

Man, they are taking us for idiots.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
You have to ask yourself if these politicians are really what the American people voted for to protect them, the economy and the defense of this great country.
A lot of us already know the answer is "no". The rest will figure it out after it's too late to do them any good.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Not sure exactly how politics works over there but what are the chances of ousting the President and voting in the goat?

Ok, I think we have gone a little off-topic here lol!

Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

If the media reported half the stuff he does we'd have already impeached the goon and replaced him with that cackling misfit that's in the VP spot... the idiot that includes firing a shotgun thru the door as a gun safety tip. Obama is a crook... Biden's just nuttier than a big jar of Skippy.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Irregardless of what the Communist News Network (CNN) is reporting the minor budgets realignments are a tiny step in the right direction.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Seems like there is more money for foreign aid than we think. Huh, $450 million package for Egypt?

Kerry: US to Release Millions in Aid to Egypt

Quote:
Secretary of State Kerry says the United States will make $190 million available immediately from a promised $450-million package for budget support. He also pledged $60 million toward a new enterprise fund.
http://www.voanews.com/content/kerry...i/1614189.html

Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Charity Must Begin at Home

Quote:
In 2008, the U.S. gave an estimated $26 billion of foreign aid to some 150 countries.
http://www.newsmax.com/BradleyBlakem...2/03/id/428460

Wow $26 billion per year to foreign countries, even in economic crisis?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I've never seen a president that was this addicted to taxing and spending. The guy is a full fledged junkie. The amazingly specious arguments and actions in the last few weeks suggest he is so desperate he will do anything to convince people that we must raise taxes (which we just did two months ago).

The part about letting the illegal aliens loose on AZ cause we just couldnt afford to keep them locked up was an unadulterated BS fear mongering grandstand. He of course says the DHS had no communication with him before they did that. [Yeah, that sounds real believable.]

Last edited by robjones; 03-04-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I've never seen a president that was this addicted to taxing and spending. The guy is a full fledged junkie. The amazingly specious arguments and actions in the last few weeks suggest he is so desperate he will do anything to convince people that we must raise taxes (which we just did two months ago).

The part about letting the illegal aliens loose on AZ cause we just couldnt afford to keep them locked up was an unadulterated BS fear mongering grandstand. He of course says the DHS had no communication with him before they did that. [Yeah, that sounds real believable.]
Read this:

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...let-stockpile/

[YT]0pS9aw5pcJo[/YT]

What are they doing with that in the US streets, when our dear leaders tell us that AR15 shouldn't be in the US streets?

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 03-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

RE: ABOVE
Those are not light armored tanks, they're MRAPs (Mine Resistant Armor Protected), a vehicle created for asynchronous warfare (ie - the government against the populace in this case). I reported those in a different thread. Search the word MRAP in here. But yeah... kinda funny he tells us weapons of war have no place on our streets when he's deploying them there himself.

----------------
He's trying to convince us we dont have money to do anything at home, and keeps getting caught in lies.

Meanwhile, his idea of diplomacy is handing out millions or billions to people that hate our guts. This has made him a laughingstock among other major powers. In recent weeks... Russia did an overflight of Guam with nuke equipped Bear Bombers (an incursion into US airspace)... and an Iranian boat was caught carrying newly purchased Chinese missiles.

His inept Santa-Clausiian foreign policy has all the usual suspects testing the fences.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

When I was in the US last, I was MADE (lol!) to watch the documentary 2016 and I have to say, it was an eye opener and taught me a little of this guys (possible) agenda.

Definitely worth a watch.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
RE: ABOVE
Those are not light armored tanks, they're MRAPs (Mine Resistant Armor Protected), a vehicle created for asynchronous warfare (ie - the government against the populace in this case).

I guess the blogger wanted to catch the reader eye. I know what a tank is

Quote:
kinda funny he tells us weapons of war have no place on our streets when he's deploying them there himself.
I don't know about you, but I think it is wrong to militarize the police. Each body has a specific function, military, national guards, and police. Why doing that when we claim to be a democracy?

----------------
Quote:
He's trying to convince us we dont have money to do anything at home, and keeps getting caught in lies.

Meanwhile, his idea of diplomacy is handing out millions or billions to people that hate our guts.
Well, they can't buy friendship, and even if they give a load of money to certain nations, you bet that the money will benefit the elites pilling up money or gold in their foreign bank accounts, rather to their people.

I think it is immoral when millions of Americans are tightening their belts and poverty is skyrocketing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues