Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Drone Over Brooklyn Almost Hits Commercial Airliner

WTF

Quote:
Are unmanned drones now flying over brooklyn? That’s the story of at least one commercial airliner crew.

CNN reports that the crew of Alitalia Flight 608 reported seeing a drone over Brooklyn on Monday. The unmanned drone came within 200 feet of the commercial jet, and a collision could have caused a major disaster.

The FAA and FBI are now both investigating the incident. The latter is asking for information on who the owner of the unmanned aircraft is, and where it...
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/drone-over...rliner-2013-03

Thoughts? Was it really a drone?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

It could have been a drone. They are cleared for use in the US and have been in use since then.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

And the owner will own up and admit buzzing a commercial airliner....
Yep!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

The time will come when a civilian plane is downed due to a crash with a drone. It's not "if", it's "when". I doubt our comotose public will switch away from watching American Idol long enough to ask wtf these things are doing in our skies until it costs some lives. My guess is when it happens the administration will initially deny it and say the plane was brought down by terrorists, and probably recommend more drones in the skies as a cure.

I'm tired of getting lied to, but as long as the media supports every lie, it'll continue to work for them. Long as it works for them, they'll continue to do it.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The FAA has been working to setup new rules and to safely integrate the use of unmanned aircraft into the national air space, and last year opened an "unmanned aircraft systems integration" office.

Translation: We're still in Beta, excuse us if we run into some technical difficulties in the way of mid-air collisions with civilian aircrafts. We promise to learn and patch over any conflicting air space mapping and routes and hopefully, with time* and patience*, we'll have a entire circuit of drones operating over all commercial flights from a safe distance.

*time - god knows when
* patience - several disasters and nation wide panic after one or more drones fall out of the skies into populated areas due to 'technical difficulties'

Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 AM

Could be one of them big old RC jets right? We had one cause a fuss at the airport a few months back, kids didn't have permission to fly them and they nearly crashed into a small private plane that was taking off on the runway. Them RC planes are huge some of them are anyway and maybe it was that. I mean for the FBI not to know who was flying it doesn't mean it was a drone for sure, I don't think whatever was flying stopped long enough for the pilot of the plane to tell what it was exactly if you ask me but what do I know haha

Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

a plane is a plane ... is a drone - the only difference is whether it has a pilot (on board) or not.

... big deal - but of course the pilot could be drunk in either case.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrish View Post
Could be one of them big old RC jets right? We had one cause a fuss at the airport a few months back, kids didn't have permission to fly them and they nearly crashed into a small private plane that was taking off on the runway. Them RC planes are huge some of them are anyway and maybe it was that. I mean for the FBI not to know who was flying it doesn't mean it was a drone for sure, I don't think whatever was flying stopped long enough for the pilot of the plane to tell what it was exactly if you ask me but what do I know haha
Just because they publicly announce that they are looking into it, doesn't mean that they don't know what happened.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
I'm tired of getting lied to, but as long as the media supports every lie, it'll continue to work for them. Long as it works for them, they'll continue to do it.
The media don't actually have a choice because it is fed to them.... Try this little number on how this is created. I remember watching this a few years back and it changed my opinion on the way governments and media work.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:28 AM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

At this time I have no prior knowledge of any such item being authorized by anyone under my command...
HUH?
spin much?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

our comotose (comatose) public ...

it is just a little disingenuous during a time when gov'ts use fallacies as WMD to engaged a Nation into an illogical confrontation on a global scale with millions of casualties to blame the public for being comatose over so simple an episode as a pilotless aircraft hovering over an airport.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

The public isn't comotose... most of them just don't want to see what's going on, or like you, approve of it because they think Obama will be a benevolent dictator who will rule firmly but justly and rid the land of pesky people who believe in outmoded ideas like personal liberty. Even your sig... "All's well that ends well"... parrots a Marxist doctrine, ie - The end justifies the means.

[And yes, I know your quote came from Shakespeare, but you don't quite strike me as a literary buff.]

Police functions are being militarized...
  • - martial law drills with cops and soldiers are taking place in large cities,
  • - the government has purchased more than enough ammo to fight the Iraq and Afghanistan wars on US soil,
  • - the military brass is going thru a purge,
  • - civilian departments are buying military hardware,
  • - multiple edicts and laws infringe on the bill of rights,
  • - the president's former campaign arm is selling access to the highest bidder,
  • - we have money to GIVE the Muslim Brotherhood a squadron of F-16s and 200 tanks but not to assist our service members with promised tuition assistance...
But hey, Dancing with the Stars is on in a little bit, so let's talk about that instead.

Much of America is NOT snoozing. If Obama loses the Senate on the next round he'll very possibly be impeached, and if he's lucky he, Holder, Napolitano and company won't go to a penitentiary.

OTOH if he wins the house, I wouldn't be shocked if the shooting war he's clearly arming for follows his subsequent over-reaching attempt to disarm the populace. He isn't just another Democrat some on the right find distasteful, he's a dangerous megalomaniac.

Last edited by robjones; 03-11-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The public isn't comotose... most of them just don't want to see what's going on, or like you, approve of it because they think Obama will be a benevolent dictator who will rule firmly but justly and rid the land of pesky people who believe in outmoded ideas like personal liberty. Even your sig... "All's well that ends well"... parrots a Marxist doctrine, ie - The end justifies the means.

[And yes, I know your quote came from Shakespeare, but you don't quite strike me as a literary buff.]

Police functions are being militarized...
  • - martial law drills with cops and soldiers are taking place in large cities,
  • - the government has purchased more than enough ammo to fight the Iraq and Afghanistan wars on US soil,
  • - the military brass is going thru a purge,
  • - civilian departments are buying military hardware,
  • - multiple edicts and laws infringe on the bill of rights,
  • - the president's former campaign arm is selling access to the highest bidder,
  • - we have money to GIVE the Muslim Brotherhood a squadron of F-16s and 200 tanks but not to assist our service members with promised tuition assistance...
But hey, Dancing with the Stars is on in a little bit, so let's talk about that instead.

Much of America is NOT snoozing. If Obama loses the Senate on the next round he'll very possibly be impeached, and if he's lucky he, Holder, Napolitano and company won't go to a penitentiary.

OTOH if he wins the house, I wouldn't be shocked if the shooting war he's clearly arming for follows his subsequent over-reaching attempt to disarm the populace. He isn't just another Democrat some on the right find distasteful, he's a dangerous megalomaniac.

"All's well that ends well" - the play's Title can be a parody, as example Christianity (the Crucifixion) and / or simply a simple truth Shakespeare makes into a harmless and humorous play .... and it's meaning, unrelated and intrinsically opposite of "The end justifies the means" -

just how the above post relates to a previous Community Organizer with absolutely no prior record of suggested militarism or overt autocratic ambition really defies even the most outlandish imagination - particularly when it is the opposition WMD that more clearly represents the suggested threat above and it is the present Administration that has providently interceded against it.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
just how the above post relates to a previous Community Organizer with absolutely no prior record of suggested militarism or overt autocratic ambition really defies even the most outlandish imagination -
I gather you prefer to ignore the self-confessed Marxist leanings which appear in his autobiographies? Or were those also a product of my own "outlandish imagination".

Last edited by robjones; 03-12-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

Drone Over Brooklyn Almost Hits Commercial Airliner

Who finances this experiments? A mad scientist or just ordinary wealthy people who doesn't know what to do with their own money?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I gather you prefer to ignore the self-confessed Marxist leanings which appear in his autobiographies? Or were those also a product of my own "outlandish imagination".

Quote:
Or were those also a product of my own "outlandish imagination".

which appear ....

10/4 ...

Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Seriously? His OWN statements about his Marxist preferences aren't evidence? I didn't say they appear to be there, I said they appear in the books.
They appear because he put them there. You're starting to make me miss Baghdad Bob.

Last edited by robjones; 03-13-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Marxist preferences ...

Well, the actual statements would help verify the veracity of your interpretation - afterall he is the President and assuredly his previous comments are factored into his electoral success.

* anotherwords, your Marxism may be another persons Compassionate Capitalism ...

Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Gee Breeze, that'd suggest his faithful worshippers had actually done some research. Clearly they're like you and prefer not to or don't care.

Look it up yourself. Facts don't cease to exist just because MSNBC refuses to report them.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
DJIA 14,510.88 + 55.60
is that another all time high ?

Considering the Opposition who needs research ... Curtailing the 2nd Great Republican Depression are the kind of facts that speak for themselves, no book needed.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues