Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Giuliani: Obama 'broke trust' with American people

http://video.foxnews.com/v/220745064...d=928378949001

Leaked email adds fuel to claims White House playing politics over impact of cuts

Quote:
A leaked email from an Agriculture Department field officer adds fuel to claims President Obama's political strategy is to make the billions in recent federal budget cuts as painful as possible to win the public opinion battle against Republicans.

The email, circulated around Capitol Hill, was sent Monday by Charles Brown, a director at the agency’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C. He appears to tell his regional team about a response to his recent question on the amount of latitude he has in making cuts.

According to the partially redacted email, the response came from the Agriculture Department’s budget office and in part states: “However you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

The response noted that the administration had already told Congress that the APHIS would “eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry” without additional funds.

Arkansas Republican Rep. Tim Griffin said the administration’s response to Brown’s email shows a bid to undermine efforts to replace the cuts, known as sequester, with less onerous ones.

“This email confirms what many Americans have suspected: The Obama administration is doing everything they can to make sure their worst predictions come true and to maximize the pain of the sequester cuts for political gain,” Griffin said in a statement.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...r-impact-cuts/

Is this new to play sinister tactics for political gains?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

I think most of the guys in this group know the top five lies ever told.

Obama the greatest president is now number uno.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I think most of the guys in this group know the top five lies ever told.

Obama the greatest president is now number uno.
I think this President act if he was still in compaign, we can see that in many issues from gun control to sequester.

Robespierre

Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I think this President act if he was still in compaign, we can see that in many issues from gun control to sequester.
He is still in a campaign. This campaign is intended to take the House in 2014 for the Democrats. The country be damned, he wants his people in charge of both houses of congress.

If doing something that damages the country also damages the Republicans, you can bet that he'll do it. (The end justifies the means.)

Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

I do feel the need to ad that the Googlebot hung out in better bars than I did so that top 5 list may not reflect what I meant.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
He is still in a campaign. This campaign is intended to take the House in 2014 for the Democrats. The country be damned, he wants his people in charge of both houses of congress.

If doing something that damages the country also damages the Republicans, you can bet that he'll do it. (The end justifies the means.)
That's very dangerous if they get the full power, because in this case it will be unbalanced by a unique political agenda.

We are already seeing so much things lost in term of liberties, spending, and economic. Just look at the filibuster today and it makes sense that Senator Rand Paul is raising some serious questions about a concentred executive power.

Now they want to kill terrorists on site via armed drones on US soil. Nobody sees where this could potentially go?

Thumb up to Senator Rand Paul!

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 03-06-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post

http://video.foxnews.com/v/220745064...d=928378949001

Leaked email adds fuel to claims White House playing politics over impact of cuts

A leaked email from an Agriculture Department field officer adds fuel to claims President Obama's political strategy is to make the billions in recent federal budget cuts as painful as possible to win the public opinion battle against Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...r-impact-cuts/

Is this new to play sinister tactics for political gains?

A leaked email from an Agriculture Department field officer ...

Rather pathetic when Republicans use a contrived email as though it were a substantiated news worthy event.

Quote:
http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/...entidonly=true

Statement from USDA Spokesperson Correcting Inaccurate Reporting on Sequester Related Emails

Washington, March 5, 2013 – USDA today released the following statement correcting inaccurate reporting on sequester related emails regarding the Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS):

"Several reports today have misrepresented a USDA effort to explain the impacts of budget cuts to an employee in USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). Here are the facts: Recently, a member of the APHIS field staff suggested to the agency's budget officers that budget cuts in the APHIS Wildlife Services program could be spread out across 24 states in a particular region in order to avoid furloughs. The budget officers explained that the employee's suggestion had already been communicated to Congress as part of the Administration's FY2013 budget proposal and will be included as part of the sequestration plan. To be clear, the APHIS budget officer explained that USDA is already proposing these steps in order to avoid furloughs. USDA is committed to doing all we can to minimize the impact of sequester our employees and the farmers, ranchers, and rural communities we serve."

Here are the facts: ... "USDA is committed to doing all we can to minimize the impact of sequester our employees and the farmers, ranchers, and rural communities we serve."

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Talk to the hand, cause the face don't understand

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues