Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Today's Job Creation Pathetic Compared to Reagan-Era

Quote:
The great trick Obama's media is playing right now is the manufacturing of a New Economic Normal that makes it possible to pretend Obama's failed economic policies are not. This is done through reporting that purposely excludes any kind of historical context. What the media and White House count on is that we've either forgotten what a real economic recovery looks like, or that we're too young to remember the Reagan Miracle.
In January of 1981, President Ronald Reagan inherited an economy every bit as awful as the one President Obama inherited in January of 2009. Before the Reagan Recovery hit, unemployment would peak at 10.8% in December of 1982 (Obama's high was only 10% in October of 2009). Unlike Obama, though, Reagan also had to deal with crippling inflation and interest rates.

Obama certainly inherited some unique problems of his own. But there's no question that it's fair to compare how both presidents handled their respective economic crises, and the results of the individual policies they instituted to get a desperate country out from under.

Reagan's approach was to get government off the backs of the people. He slashed tax rates, cut regulations, and freed Americans to innovate. His wisest decision, though, was to increase the incentive to invest.

Obama did the exact opposite. He intentionally exploded the size of government, passed legislation with crippling regulations (Dodd-Frank, ObamaCare), and rather than freeing the American people to invest and incentivizing risk, Obama took money out of the private economy through tax increases and decided the government knew better with a "stimulus" of nearly a trillion dollars.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...ared-To-Reagan

Any thought?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Respectfully, maybe people need to stop waiting for someone to create a job for them and start doing what it takes to get work.

[YT]FurT6Z-XJOQ[/YT]

And now these two decide to take it a step further...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2807990.html

Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?...7-3080b57db00e

US adds 236K jobs, unemployment falls to 7.7 pct.

to bad Breitbart is unable to give credit where credit is deserved - comparing the economic conditions as being similar prior to the two Presidents initial terms is simply foolish.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Respectfully, maybe people need to stop waiting for someone to create a job for them and start doing what it takes to get work.
I agree with you Cricket, it remind me when I was 20 years, I found my first job 11 miles away and went in 22 miles trip in bicycle every day. the working hours were 6:00AM to 1:30PM with often overtimes.

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 03-08-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Nothing new there mate. Read the news, check the irish media, they all preach the same ****e how Ireland is making steady progress and recovering from the global economic meltdown, how the GDP is up like a percent in recent years and other jargon

I don't know about America, but here in Ireland jobs arn't as easy to get as like 6 years ago, even though there are openings. Most jobs are going to, how can I put this without sounding like a right plonker, urr more affordable help. So us Irish get cut. I was fired along with 40 other hard working Irish from the construction company I worked at, they claim it wasn't due to cuts and that all 40 of us had done things in our 2-5years of employment there that have come to light or something. It's complete horse****e and the truth is they're hiring twice as many none irish at half the price it cost to have 40 of us working there.

I don't blame the Irish presie for it though, but then i'm not sitting on my arse doing nothing about it. I got myself a part time job while I look at other ways to earn a living without having to depend too much on companies these days.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrish View Post
Nothing new there mate. Read the news, check the irish media, they all preach the same ****e how Ireland is making steady progress and recovering from the global economic meltdown, how the GDP is up like a percent in recent years and other jargon

I don't know about America, but here in Ireland jobs arn't as easy to get as like 6 years ago, even though there are openings. Most jobs are going to, how can I put this without sounding like a right plonker, urr more affordable help. So us Irish get cut. I was fired along with 40 other hard working Irish from the construction company I worked at, they claim it wasn't due to cuts and that all 40 of us had done things in our 2-5years of employment there that have come to light or something. It's complete horse****e and the truth is they're hiring twice as many none irish at half the price it cost to have 40 of us working there.

I don't blame the Irish presie for it though, but then i'm not sitting on my arse doing nothing about it. I got myself a part time job while I look at other ways to earn a living without having to depend too much on companies these days.
I heard you. In Europe it is getting much tougher to get a job. As far as the immigration, it is a great tool that favor employers to pay as little as possible.

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues