Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

No assault weapons ban to be considered by the Senate

Quote:
Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a onetime ally of the National Rifle Association, informed California Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Monday that the proposal to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines won't be included in a broad package of new gun laws that's taking shape this week and will be considered on the Senate floor in April.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...nate-bill?lite

While you watch that check out Pelosi's waddle. I bet she doesn't go out of the house before Thanksgiving.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid is right, you cannot bring a bill if you don't have the vote for it. Look around the country, people are protesting in every state against these ineffective gun ban policies.

Now, there are a few interesting things they can vote on: Weapon trafficking bill, a Police school security bill.

The rest wouldn't have any effect.

Robespierre

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Unlike some here, I fully agree with closing the gun show loophole. If you can't pass a background check you should not have a firearm.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Unlike some here, I fully agree with closing the gun show loophole. If you can't pass a background check you should not have a firearm.
That's what the Weapon trafficking and universal background check bills should take care of. Straw man penalty should be one of the most hard piece of the legislation.

In my opinion a universal background check without a national gun registry is acceptable.

We all know that a national gun registry will probably enable an easy way to confiscate or create heavily annual tax permit weapons.

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 03-20-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post

We all know that a national gun registry will probably enable an easy way to confiscate or create heavily annual tax permit weapons.
I think that one (the annual tax part) is currently working its way through the Illinois court system. Since it is a local tax they may not be able to get it into the Federal courts.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I think that one (the annual tax part) is currently working its way through the Illinois court system. Since it is a local tax they may not be able to get it into the Federal courts.
I think the Congress need to particularly pay attention of all possible backdoor legislations proposed by some gun control advocates, because things can turn sour on you quickly.

Read this
http://thelibertyzone.wordpress.com/...ding-the-bill/

Robespierre

Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The gun-grabbers are not going to stop their efforts until the citizens of this country have been completely disarmed (or made into criminals for being armed).

What happens when the people deciding whether or not you pass the background check determine that wanting to purchase a gun is a warning sign of paranoia? Can't have paranoid people buying guns now, can we?

Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
The gun-grabbers are not going to stop their efforts until the citizens of this country have been completely disarmed (or made into criminals for being armed).

What happens when the people deciding whether or not you pass the background check determine that wanting to purchase a gun is a warning sign of paranoia? Can't have paranoid people buying guns now, can we?
Bob, I fully understand the concept of legislative incrementalism for political purposes.

My whole life I lived by by a give and take method but I always draw a line in the sand that I do not cross. Violence is epidemic in this country and while I don't think any gun restrictions or background checks is going to change that, I am willing to close the loophole. Many of the other administrative actions the president mentioned are not all that infringing for a rational person. Let's agree to those things so we don't look like crazy zealots.

Then when not if if the more restrictive actions on the wrong side of the line are discussed we will look like reasonable people who have reached our limit.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

time, education and the composition of the Supreme Court will adequately address the future for Firearm legislation and interpretation the American people are in favor of.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
time, education and the composition of the Supreme Court will adequately address the future for Firearm legislation and interpretation the American people are in favor of.
You would have been a very good soldier of the charlemagne division!

Robespierre

Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Then when not if if the more restrictive actions on the wrong side of the line are discussed we will look like reasonable people who have reached our limit.
Isn't the second amendment in place, precisely, so that you don't have to decide when that line is crossed?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

After almost 225 years after the Constitution was written, some revisionists are still interpreting the 2nd Amendent, that's amazing!

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues