Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

North Korea's - Kim Jong Un

I've been following the news for a little while now on Kim Jong Un and to be honest, he is beginning to worry me a little bit.

I know North Korea has made silly threats before but this guy is still wet behind the ears and has been letting the power go to his head big time.

I am intrigued to know what the general opinion is of him, especially on how it is affecting the US. Are people a little worried?

Personally, this guy reminds me of Adolf Hitler with his brainwashing tactics and propaganda films he is using on his people.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

With the right POTUS I would not be concerned at all. It would be a case of the mouse that roared.

In our current situation I expect us to surrender at any time.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

WAR!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92T00020130330

Quote:
(Reuters) - North Korea said on Saturday it was entering a "state of war" with South Korea in a continuing escalation of tough rhetoric against Seoul and Washington after coming under international sanctions for its nuclear test.

"From this time on, the North-South relations will be entering the state of war and all issues raised between the North and the South will be handled accordingly," a statement carried by the North's official KCNA news agency said.

The two Koreas have been in a technical state of war because their 1950-53 conflict ended under an armistice and not a peace treaty.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
to be honest, he is beginning to worry me a little bit.
If they attack, they've got one shot, after that they will be annihilated, so they better go back to a peaceful process and participate with the international community.

Robespierre

Old 03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I totally agree with them only having one shot but that is enough to cause devastation and I am happy that the US is taking this seriously and sent over stealth bombers for what they are calling "A Military Exercise" because this guy is trully nuts.

If you check out the web for all the propoganda videos he has made on destroying the West and how the people are starting to believe all this crap... That said, it is hard to take the video seriously as the commentator sounds like some drunk Glaswegian on Helium - (The Brits here will get what I mean when they see the video)

Old 03-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This all thing can't unworry you because at the end local people are the ones that will suffer but as for me I think North Korea needs to learn one time big lesson so that who ever will be born in that country will know that fighting is not the answer to every missunderstandings.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I hear what you are saying, though I hope that they manage to teach this upstart a lesson the peaceful way as a war, even if he starts it, will only lead to many more years of hatred and the amount of innocent civilians that will suffer because of it is just crazy.

I am quite interested to see how the Russians and the Chinese will play into this because even though they do not support the West, they also know that North Korea is run by a lunatic and that must make them also sit a little uncomfortable.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

I about halfway believe that the Chinese will intercede a take care of it before they allow us to drop bombs that close to their border.

The really don't need that big of a parking lot which is what N Korea will be when we are done with it.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

They may have perceive correctly the US is not interested in another war after the colossal mistake of Iraqi - and subliminally have accomplished their objective.

their conventional ability on the ground would sustain their effort - to bad for them it is not matched in Air power - they would assuredly be defeated from the air and probably the reason if they do have any logical thinkers they are holding back.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

It's all politics and bluffing, diverting attention from the heavy economic situation people are in.
Luckily, no participant can't afford a war right now. Sending hard messages behind the desk is always a cheap solution

Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Crazy kids these days!
...Although, I'm sure his dad would be proud.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Crazy kids these days!
...Although, I'm sure his dad would be proud.
lol! His dad will only be proud as long as he doesn't overstep the mark and cost his country the lives of its women and children.

One of his generals just needs to be man enough to smack this kid on the back of the head and tell him to grow up and get a grip.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

Quote:
China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said.

Reports from the region reveal the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently increased its military posture in response to the heightened tensions, specifically North Korea's declaration of a "state of war" and threats to conduct missile attacks against the United States and South Korea.

According to the officials, the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity.

China's navy also conducted live-firing naval drills by warships in the Yellow Sea that were set to end Monday near the Korean peninsula, in apparent support of North Korea, which was angered by ongoing U.S.-South Korean military drills that are set to continue throughout April.

North Korea, meanwhile, is mobilizing missile forces, including road-mobile short- and medium-range missiles, according to officials familiar with satellite imagery of missile bases.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...korean-border/

What's going on over there?

Robespierre

Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...korean-border/

What's going on over there?

See post 8 above.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
See post 8 above.
I saw your post, which make me think that China are far from a friendly country. I am wondering what can they do if their ally North Korean starts the attack, because technically we are still at war with North Korean now.

Do you beleive that a little half country like that can suck us all in a mega conflict?

Robespierre

Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Navy moves ship off coast of Korean Peninsula, White House looks to 'reassure' allies

Quote:
The U.S. military has moved a Navy ship capable of intercepting missiles to waters off the coast of the Korean Peninsula, as threats from North Korea's Kim Jong Un escalate and the White House signals it wants to head off any potential conflict by flexing America's military might.

A U.S. defense official confirmed to Fox News that the Navy had moved the U.S. destroyer to a location near South Korea. The ship, the USS McCain, is equipped with the Aegis defense system and is capable of shooting down missiles. Officials initially misidentified the ship but later clarified the USS McCain had been dispatched.

The defense official said the decision is not part of the ongoing joint military exercise with South Korea but part of the Navy's general movements. The Navy had the same type of ship in this location as recently as December.

But, the positioning comes after the Pentagon dispatched two F-22 stealth fighter jets to South Korea to join Seoul forces in a training exercise, and after other demonstrations of U.S. capability last week.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Monday that Kim Jong Un's steadily escalating threats follow a "pattern," but one that must be taken seriously.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...amid-n-korean/

Robespierre

Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I saw your post, which make me think that China are far from a friendly country. I am wondering what can they do if their ally North Korean starts the attack, because technically we are still at war with North Korean now.

Do you beleive that a little half country like that can suck us all in a mega conflict?
Unless I missed something important in history class, the US has never been at war with North Korea. There was a police action there in the early 1950's but the US never declared war. I doubt those semantics make much difference to the men who died and were crippled there. I am pretty sure they thought it was war.

I would like to believe that China, Russia and the US are far too smart to engage each other in an armed conflict but by the same token I think we would defend Canada or Mexico if one of the others attacked them.

The face saving way to continued peace is for China to stop this fool before he starts WWW III. And our government should bend over backwards to allow China to save face and do that.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Unless I missed something important in history class, the US has never been at war with North Korea. There was a police action there in the early 1950's but the US never declared war. I doubt those semantics make much difference to the men who died and were crippled there. I am pretty sure they thought it was war.

I would like to believe that China, Russia and the US are far too smart to engage each other in an armed conflict but by the same token I think we would defend Canada or Mexico if one of the others attacked them.

The face saving way to continued peace is for China to stop this fool before he starts WWW III. And our government should bend over backwards to allow China to save face and do that.
I completly agree with you that China should use their full power to advert any provocation from Norh Korea before the inimaginable happen.

Like The Washington Times said:

Quote:
The greatest danger on the divided Korean Peninsula, according to regional analysts, is that an accident or miscalculation by one side inadvertently escalates into all-out war.

Neither side wants such a conflagration, but with the North’s forces on a hair trigger and the South’s new rules of engagement, the danger of an accidental war is high, military analysts say.”The potential for an escalatory spiral is very real,” said Bruce Bennett, a scholar with the Rand Corp. of Santa Monica, Calif., a think tank with historic ties to the U.S. military.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...isk-accidenta/

Robespierre

Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

We really need to try to get round the table and talk about what can be done asap and it would be wise to discuss this at a UN level with the aid of China and Russia.

If it means that China come off looking the hero's in this and manage to calm things down, then so be it as it is much better than the alternative.

Remember that the US bolster the Chinese economy as it import so much from them and I doubt they will want that rocked about, so a war to them is also a bad thing.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Just throwing out an idea, here, but what if the PTB don't want peace?
Would a peaceful government threaten the US like North Korea has?
Would a peaceful US government (which could squash N.K. and really shouldn't take the threats of a child seriously) really need to send ships and bombers to the area (hornet's nest) or would talks be a better way to handle the situation?
It may be that the people want peace, but the governments certainly aren't acting like they do.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues