Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Do You Use Paypal?

This was on Yahoo the other day and thought I would post it here for those that may have missed it.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ming-true.aspx

Last edited by Weebitty; 04-13-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Link didn't work reposted link

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've used Paypal in the past but always choose other options when available, mostly because it's less convenient. Looks like, if Visa and MC have their way, it will be even more unappealing in the future.

Unfortunately, the big losers here are all of the small website owners who have found a way to generate revenue by easily plugging in PayPal to their sites and not having to deal with the much more complicated credit card processing.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snotrocket View Post
I've used Paypal in the past but always choose other options when available, mostly because it's less convenient. Looks like, if Visa and MC have their way, it will be even more unappealing in the future.

Unfortunately, the big losers here are all of the small website owners who have found a way to generate revenue by easily plugging in PayPal to their sites and not having to deal with the much more complicated credit card processing.
The small sites owners and the small ecommerce owners are going to be history. All the big players want more and more when the little guys make less and less.

Robespierre

Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

I use PP often. I almost never use the linked CC to pay. I only have it on file to guarantee the instant check option.

I suspect that if MC and visa get too greedy they may find themselves in a head on battle of some sort that they will lose. They banks are almost charging me to let my money sit in their accounts. I might as well let a few hundred sit on the PP server somewhere.

Note: to PP some small discount could be a great motivator to get deposits.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I converted my business to Paypal for Merchant services - I think that's a big issue here as well.

My merchant services fees were cut by 50% depending on the card type.

Paypal must be giving the "wrong" people a run for their money.

I think it is really irking me that Mastercard and Visa are sounding like a taxing entity. Just because they want more marketing data that frankly, I don't think they should have.

Stay out of our business.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
... that do not share transaction details with the payment processor.
???? - what exactly ...

I do not often use Pay Pal but do so when there is doubt to use a CC.

Just as a side note - is this a news story or an editorial .... I ask this because over some time I have found "Motley Fools" to be a subliminally deceptive publication - especially in regards to investing - they are more promotional than respective IMO and off my list to read.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Of course this has to happen just as I'm about to put my first website with sales (naturally through Paypal) online...

Old 05-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I am using PP for selling my services on net. No problems so far, fees are low.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues