Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bombing manhunt locks down Boston

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
(CNN) -- One suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is dead. The other -- his brother -- was on the run Friday, pursued by an army of law enforcement officials whose manhunt virtually shut down the city.

A man identified by several sources as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died after an overnight shootout with police. He's the man described Thursday by the FBI as black-capped Suspect No. 1 in the attacks Monday that killed three.

His brother, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, apparently escaped -- leading police to throw a huge dragnet around the region. In photos released by the FBI of the bombing suspects, the younger brother is seen wearing a white cap. The agency called him Suspect No. 2.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

It's a scary world we are living in today...

Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

With all of our strength as a country, somehow a 19 year old kid has found a way to shut down entire cities and glue a nation to their televisions for news yet not one person knows where he is? The terrorist of the world must be loving this.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Cricket, I wouldn't say the terrorists of the world are loving this at all, trust me on that.

Coming from a nation that has dealt with some pretty serious terrorism for many years (IRA in the UK), I would vouch that the terrorists are probably more concerned about this than enjoying it.

If you think about it, it didn't take long to identify them, and then when one escapes, they shut down an entire city, stopping all transport.

Now every police officer, FBI agent and also the public are on the lookout for this guy.

Shutting down a city just to catch one man. I would say that this would worry most terrorists and as an outsider looking in, I am impressed at the lengths you guys are going to just to catch this piece of s***. It actually sends a message out to the world that the USA has had enough and will do whatever it takes to catch these people.

That's from an outsiders view anyway.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It's nothing political its literally just sad that innocent people are killed but the world is a evil place.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Cricket, I wouldn't say the terrorists of the world are loving this at all, trust me on that.

Coming from a nation that has dealt with some pretty serious terrorism for many years (IRA in the UK), I would vouch that the terrorists are probably more concerned about this than enjoying it.

If you think about it, it didn't take long to identify them, and then when one escapes, they shut down an entire city, stopping all transport.

Now every police officer, FBI agent and also the public are on the lookout for this guy.

Shutting down a city just to catch one man. I would say that this would worry most terrorists and as an outsider looking in, I am impressed at the lengths you guys are going to just to catch this piece of s***. It actually sends a message out to the world that the USA has had enough and will do whatever it takes to catch these people.

That's from an outsiders view anyway.
I am listening to it all go down on the police scanners online right now. If I can hear all of this so can the terrorist. I am really starting to like the idea of camping my way across the states...

Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

It's a shame what's going on nowadays. These kids have better things to do, why such a waste of lives.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
(CNN) -- Boston can finally rest.

After a five-day nightmare filled with tragedy and grief, fear and anxiety, one suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is in custody. The other, his older brother, is dead. And residents across Massachusetts are cheering the efforts of law enforcement officers who ended a week of hell.

For almost 24 hours on Friday, the cities of Cambridge, Watertown and Boston were paralyzed as authorities hunted for 19-year-old Dzhokar Tsarnaev -- a man not only suspected in the marathon bombings, but whom authorities feared could unleash more explosives.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I am very happy they got this kid alive and I hope he survives. This is a 19 year old that has obviously been "got to" by someone and I hope they succeed in extracting the information from him and getting to the source.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Since Massachusetts does not have a death penalty I hope they try this in the Federal courts. Or we could ship him to Texas for trial they have an express lane to the chair.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Since Massachusetts does not have a death penalty I hope they try this in the Federal courts. Or we could ship him to Texas for trial they have an express lane to the chair.
Or just send him to New Hampshire which is closer than Texas, lol.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
They have a way to go before the death penalty. I am pretty sure they are going to extract EVERY PIECE OF INFORMATION regarding what he did and the people behind this as my guess is that there is more to this than just some kid building bombs and wanting to kill people. They need to get to the source.

I really can't believe his mother is protesting her sons innocence here. At what point does an innocent kid try to escape from the law by throwing home made grenades at the police!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I feel sorry for the parents. My gut tells me they are not responsible for this outcome. His young mind was twisted outside the home.

OTH, denial is one thing and public denial can make one look a bit silly. Still willing to extend the benifit of doubt toward them until proven otherwise.

I do suspect you are correct but the fear chair or a needle can be a great talk inducer.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward coulson View Post
i think they just want to fullfil their requirments....by government of america..by doing this in Boston....but i am sure that they can not do this...
What requirements are you referring to?

Care to explain more on your response?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Boston Marathon bomb suspect charged with using weapon of mass destruction

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...struction?lite

Quote:
The hospitalized Boston Marathon bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was charged Monday with using a weapon of mass destruction – and the White House said he will be tried in a civilian court.

“He will not be treated as an enemy combatant. We will prosecute this terrorist through our civilian system of justice,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.

He was advised of his rights and charged with one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in the U.S. and one count of malicious destruction of property with an explosive device.

The charges could carry the death penalty, and he was assigned three federal public defenders.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM

we are deeply sad here in Jamaica and our hearts goes out to the victims,,i hope Justis is serve to those responsible for this wicked atrocity

i wonder when these wicked people will stop been poppets for the the devil, and learn to love humanity and mother nature'' its sickening

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 04-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues