Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Obama To Ban Importation of Ammo, Magazines and Gun Accessories Without Congressional

Quote:
Over the course of the last month, while Americans were distracted with the threat of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula and the devastation wrought by the Boston bombings, President Obama was quietly working behind the scenes to craft laws and regulations that will further erode the Second Amendment.

Congress, and thus We the People, may have unequivocally rejected federal legislation in March which aimed to outlaw most semi-automatic rifles, restrict magazine capacity, and force national registration, but that didnít stop the President from ceding regulatory control over firearms importation to the United Nations just two weeks later. What the UN Arms Trade Treaty, passed without media fanfare by 154 counties, would do is to restrict the global trade of, among other things, small arms and light weapons. Opponents of the treaty argue that loopholes within the new international framework for global gun control may make it illegal for Americans to purchase and import firearms manufactured outside of the United States.

To further his gun-grabbing agenda, however, President Obama and his administration didnít stop there.

Now theyíre taking another significant step against Americansí right to bear arms Ė and theyíre doing it through Presidential Executive Action, a strategy that, once again, bypasses Congressional oversight and the legislative process.

Just five days ago the President vowed to push forward on gun control without Congress and Nancy Pelosi argued that no matter what Congress says, gun control is inevitable.

This latest round of Executive Actions is what they meant.

A direct on attack on the second amendment is difficult if not impossible, so they are trying to slither their way in through the backdoor by restricting international trade so we canít import new firearms, by restricting access to accessories and gun parts, by heavily taxing ammunition and gun purchases, by mandating policies like forcing gun owners to have liability insurance, and of course, by identifying potentially dangerous gun owners and simply taking their firearms because of public safety concerns.

The President recently suggested that the American people have spoken, and that they want guns to be restricted, banned and heavily regulated.

If thatís so, then how is that a bipartisan Congress overwhelmingly rejected the Presidentís bid to restrict and outlaw private ownership of millions of weapons and gun accessories?

Going through the United Nations and now implementing Executive Actions to bypass Americaís Constitutionally mandated system of checks and balances is an act of desperation.

Those who would take our rights have been left with no choice but to try and force their agenda upon us through dictatorial means.
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...roval_04232013

So my question to you is: Does it have anything to do with the Sandy Hook tragedy or a specific Democrat disarmament agenda?

I really don't understand this executive action, perhaps someone can explain it, thank you.

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Does it have anything to do with the Sandy Hook tragedy or a specific Democrat disarmament agenda?
The one thing the legislation raised in the wake of Sandy Hook had in common was that they wouldn't have prevented the shooting at Sandy Hook.

In keeping with the infamous statement by Rahm Emanuel, the administration never lets a good crisis go to waste. Obama has wanted to disarm US citizens his entire career, this is just an extension, as he thought he'd have a chance of getting it passed.

Quote:
I really don't understand this executive action, perhaps someone can explain it, thank you.
Executive orders are not mentioned in the constitution, but they've long been an accepted method for the executive branch to relay instructions from the White House to their depts. They are not illegal if used appropriately, they do however become illegal when used to legislate. Only the Legislative branch has the ability to legislate... it's part of the separation of powers that defines our government.

Oddly when people complain about Obama writing ILLEGAL executive orders (ie - the kind that usurp authority NOT delegated to the president)... you'll see the dimmer bulbs among us respond with something like "Well George BUSH wrote executive orders TOO!"

To put this in perspective... that's like saying "Bob took a walk this morning and shot 5 babies" and hearing the reply "Well your friend BILL takes walks too!" You really have to wonder about some people. Common sense is not really that common.

I recently wrote a primer that explains Exec Orders, and rather than repeat an entire blog post I'll ad a link that covers your question in a bit more detail: Executive Order 101.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
They are not illegal if used appropriately, they do however become illegal when used to legislate. Only the Legislative branch has the ability to legislate... it's part of the separation of powers that defines our government.
A perfect definition. Not much more I can add to that.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
The one thing the legislation raised in the wake of Sandy Hook had in common was that they wouldn't have prevented the shooting at Sandy Hook.
While I completly agree with you Rob, In my opinion, what they say and what they are planning to do with Executive orders is counter productive. In fact each side distrust each other and nothing majeur could be accomplish.

Like mentionned in the article above, there is another factor that President Obama reactivated which is the UN ban treaty, which was passed, but not yet ratified by the Congress.

In my opinion you cannot ask a national conversation with an hidden agenda, political tricks and executive orders or executive actions, because it simply doesn't work.

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues