Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

They Are Murdering Small Business

The Percentage Of Self-Employed Americans Is At A Record Low

Quote:
The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States. Once upon a time, the United States was a paradise for entrepreneurs and small businesses, but now the control freak bureaucrats that dominate our society have created a system that absolutely eviscerates them. This is very unfortunate, because by murdering small business, the bureaucrats are destroying the primary engine of job growth in this country.

One of the big reasons why there are not enough jobs in America today is because small business creation is way down. As I mentioned yesterday, entrepreneurs and small businesses are being absolutely devastated by rules, regulations, red tape and by oppressive levels of taxation. If anyone doubts that small business in the United States is dying, just look at the charts below. Sadly, this is what the bureaucrats that run things want. They don't want us to be independent of the system. Instead, they are much more comfortable when as many of us as possible are heavily dependent on the system in one way or another.

If all of us have to go running to the government or to one of the big corporations for a job, then we are much easier to control. But as the control freaks continue to construct their bureaucratic utopia, they are also killing off what once made the U.S. economy so great.

The other day I came across the following two charts in an article by Charles Hugh Smith, and I was absolutely stunned by what I saw. This first chart shows that the number of unincorporated self-employed Americans has dropped back to levels that we have not seen since the mid-1980s even though our population has increased by tens of millions of people since that time...
A few shocking numbers

Quote:
-According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. economy lost more than 220,000 small businesses during the last recession.

-As a share of the population, the percentage of Americans that are self-employed fell by more than 20 percent between 1991 and 2010.

-As a share of the population, the percentage of "new entrepreneurs and business owners" dropped by a staggering 53 percent between 1977 and 2010
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...t-a-record-low

Do you think that the self-employed and small business owners are going to disappear?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

This is just another indication of how laws have been designed to benefit stock holders rather than business owners. Business owners often have to pay as much as 39.6% in federal income tax, while people that make their money off holding stocks pay the 15% capital gains tax. I would like to see a law that says you have to pay the full 39.6% on capital gains over $1 million or so. There is already discussion about this in congress, and with shifting demographics we should see more laws supportive of the middle class in the coming years. I'm also glad to see the G7 is trying to organize and go after people who try to avoid paying taxes through tax shelters. When countries get together on this, it will also provide a new equalizer.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues