Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Psychiatry An Industry Of Death

A very interesting documentary to watch, but very scary to learn all of that.

[YT]_5dSZnbugpc[/YT]

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:

[CaRP] Unknown document format.

A great documentary I watched previously well worth watching. So often the same drugs are re-marketed as something new because of getting a bad reputation. This is an industry about profits, not solving problems. These doctors that do the studies and write papers get paid big money by the industry.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
A great documentary I watched previously well worth watching. So often the same drugs are re-marketed as something new because of getting a bad reputation. This is an industry about profits, not solving problems. These doctors that do the studies and write papers get paid big money by the industry.
This is more than that Dvduval, it is about different consequences of psychiatry subjects starting by the history of psychiatry.

Watch this documentary entirely, it is worth to see how many people are so wrong. At the end, I am wondering who are the mentally sick people, the psychiatrists or the patients...

Robespierre

Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The footprints of big pharma and the psychiatrists who are prescribing these powerful psychotic drugs have an heavy responsability in the mass school shooting, suicides, violence, etc, but they are so powerful that they are covering up their mess.

It is all about money people...

Robespierre

Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

@ Brave, you would probably like Dr Ben Goldacre and follow his works. He also wrote for The Guardian Newspaper in the UK (Very respected paper)

Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:

[CaRP] Unknown document format.

Bear in mind this is not limited to psychiatry. The drug and healthcare industries know they profit more by either waiting until people are sick, or screening them to help them fear they need something before they get sicker.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
@ Brave, you would probably like Dr Ben Goldacre and follow his works. He also wrote for The Guardian Newspaper in the UK (Very respected paper)
I will check it, thanks G10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
Bear in mind this is not limited to psychiatry. The drug and healthcare industries know they profit more by either waiting until people are sick, or screening them to help them fear they need something before they get sicker.
Sure, but the psychiatry is a very dark branch of the health care, they can drug the people, they have power to lock down patients in psychiatry hospital with limited access to outsiders and the worse is that they are not accountable for what they are doing, as it is completly subjective.

For example in the documentary above close to the end, a journalist acted like a patient, visited many psychiatrists with a fake anxiety symptom, they all had different diagnostics with differents powerful psychotic drugs. It should tell something to everybody.

Robespierre

Old 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Another related and great documentary to watch

Psychiatry: The Marketing of Madness: Are We All Insane?

[YT]uFkivsEy3CI[/YT]

Quote:
The definitive documentary on psychotropic drugging—this is the story of the high-income partnership between drug companies and psychiatry which has created an $80 billion profit from the peddling of psychotropic drugs to an unsuspecting public.
But appearances are deceiving.
How valid are psychiatrist's diagnoses—and how safe are their drugs?
Digging deep beneath the corporate veneer, this three-part documentary exposes the truth behind the slick marketing schemes and scientific deceit that conceal a dangerous and often deadly sales campaign.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
v7n Mentor

Psychiatry has a very dark history. As I was going through classes I was very disappointed at the short sightedness of the historical mentors of the psychological branch of things.

I have to say when it comes to being dangerous, it really is. Once branded with a diagnosis many do not look beyond and continue to treat for that initial diagnosis. Many are drawn in by the big pharmas and their massive checkbook. But I would ask a simple favor, keep in mind that out of every 10 there is at least one that though still working in a subjective field, which to be honest many fields are the same be it a Neurologist, Family Physician or even your favorite computer technician, that the one out of 10 is actually capable and does perform outside the typical box and while perhaps not always right works toward the best for the patient regardless of what the DM says, or what puts the most money in their pocket if that makes the sense I am attempting to make.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters View Post
Psychiatry has a very dark history. As I was going through classes I was very disappointed at the short sightedness of the historical mentors of the psychological branch of things.

I have to say when it comes to being dangerous, it really is. Once branded with a diagnosis many do not look beyond and continue to treat for that initial diagnosis. Many are drawn in by the big pharmas and their massive checkbook. But I would ask a simple favor, keep in mind that out of every 10 there is at least one that though still working in a subjective field, which to be honest many fields are the same be it a Neurologist, Family Physician or even your favorite computer technician, that the one out of 10 is actually capable and does perform outside the typical box and while perhaps not always right works toward the best for the patient regardless of what the DM says, or what puts the most money in their pocket if that makes the sense I am attempting to make.
I don't know if you watched the 3 hours and an half documentary "Psychiatry: The Marketing of Madness: Are We All Insane
?" but I really recommend anyone to watch it.

As far as today, it seems like they invented a market to make money for big pharma without regards of the "psychotrope" or psychoactive drugs side effects for the patients.

Just look at the DSM manual page numbers every years, and you will find the big scam...aka disease mongering.

Here is how it works, the marketing big pharma strategy convince everybody how sick they are and how they can treat the patients:

One: They elevate the importance of the condition
Two: They redefine an existing condition
Three: Create a new condition for an unmet market need

Voila!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave7 View Post
I don't know if you watched the 3 hours and an half documentary "Psychiatry: The Marketing of Madness: Are We All Insane
?" but I really recommend anyone to watch it.

As far as today, it seems like they invented a market to make money for big pharma without regards of the "psychotrope" or psychoactive drugs side effects for the patients.

Just look at the DSM manual page numbers every years, and you will find the big scam...aka disease mongering.

Here is how it works, the marketing big pharma strategy convince everybody how sick they are and how they can treat the patients:

One: They elevate the importance of the condition
Two: They redefine an existing condition
Three: Create a new condition for an unmet market need

Voila!
I didn't get a chance to watch it, I am on metered internet access here, I will if/when I get access that is unlimited....

Just as an example of what I am attempting to say:
Quote:
But there’s this little fact to deal with: I am 51-years-old and have practiced psychiatry for almost 20 years. I have met with thousands of daily caffeine users, and it has been a significant problem in the lives of precisely none of them. Not one. Zero. Zilch. No one reading this blog will know anyone who needed to go into a detox facility to deal with caffeine addiction. No lives have been laid low by caffeine. People aren’t stealing coffee and tea from grocery stores to get high, or buying caffeine pills on inner city streets.
I would like to join the President of the American Psychiatric Association out to dinner in Washington, D.C. They have very luxurious offices there. This blog will serve as my formal invitation. The only conditions are that we overeat at a great restaurant and finish up with a couple espressos each. If either of us hits the emergency room because of it, I pay the check. If neither of us does, he pays.
In the meantime, we’re all paying for an interesting and dangerous work of fiction called the DSM-5.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...uded-in-dsm-5/

Not all Psychiatrists/Psychologists limit themselves to the DSM in order to be able to figure out what is uniquely wrong or not wrong with a person. Not all are drawn in to the greed and politics of the American Psychological Association. Many may be members, that doesn't mean they agree with what idiotic stuff they come up with.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
Many may be members, that doesn't mean they agree with what idiotic stuff they come up with.
Sure, but from what I have read and which documentaries I have watched, the professionals that do not agree with this whole DSM concept are just a drop into the ocean.

Let's recap a little, 80 billions of profits in this industry per year...

Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Sure, but from what I have read and which documentaries I have watched, the professionals that do not agree with this whole DSM concept are just a drop into the ocean.

Let's recap a little, 80 billions of profits in this industry per year...
Well, I guess my goal is to prevent a stereotype from being formed here about all those in the Psychiatry field.

A similar experience for example with Neurology. I have had seizures for 12 years since I was 31. After 12 years my Neurologist finally saw them on the EEG, noone had ever seen them before and at least half would bring up the pseudo seizure concept. Why did he notice and others didn't? One of the main reasons is because he personally reviewed the EEG not sent out to a tech for a standard report, other reason is probably due to advancement and change, not all of it is bad

Just as with any profession you have a large number of money hungry grabbers. But you also have a large number even though they aren't actively heard perhaps that use their own minds and use critical thinking skills to base their theories on.

It is up to us as a patient/consumer to review those we see and judge whether they are the type we trust or not. If they aren't then we continue seeking those who are...even be respectfully argumentative and challenge their thoughts to be able to get a better view of what motivates their ideas.

Medicine is like everything else. If left unchecked by the consumer/US. There is nothing to cause change. With all of the get better with drugs commercials on television and all of the people that go in and say I need this, or my child needs that there will always be those that are only motivated by the profit.

In other words, and this goes outside the scope of just Psychology, when an industry begins a particular type of practice that is left unchallenged we are as guilty as those who have the unethical motivations.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
In other words, and this goes outside the scope of just Psychology, when an industry begins a particular type of practice that is left unchallenged we are as guilty as those who have the unethical motivations.
Very true, the problem is that many people can stuck for many different reasons into their first diagnostics without thinking about other alternatives.

Most of the time it is similar to the Russian roulette, and time and money wasted before to get the right practician and the right treatment if needed.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Very true, the problem is that many people can stuck for many different reasons into their first diagnostics without thinking about other alternatives.

Most of the time it is similar to the Russian roulette, and time and money wasted before to get the right practician and the right treatment if needed.
Unless you walk in and start talking about how you want to kill yourself, or how you daydream about blowing things up, running people over etc you are probably safe to be able to walk out and seek another therapist As of yet there is no National database tracking along with you to every therapist you go so getting that second unbiased opinion and finding one that fits you is still available

In my opinion the largest problem is that everyone seems to be seeking a finalized answer and quick solution. Sometimes, especially in subjective fields there simply is no defining description or solution, especially right away.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
In my opinion the largest problem is that everyone seems to be seeking a finalized answer and quick solution. Sometimes, especially in subjective fields there simply is no defining description or solution, especially right away.
Exactly, and perhaps the solution do not need drugs prescription at all.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Exactly, and perhaps the solution do not need drugs prescription at all.
Not that I am an authoritative source to say the least. In my opinion however, a majority of cases are likely more of a nurture type problem like most of today's ADHD patients starting at now the age of 3! No reason in the world that a 3 year old is diagnosed with ADHD in my opinion, but as I said, what do I know

Not to be taken in the wrong way, there are actual chemical and physical causes to a lot of things. In some instances a proper diagnosis and pharmaceutical treatment will most definitely increase the quality of life. In the end that is what the real goal is, increasing the quality of life.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Not that I am an authoritative source to say the least. In my opinion however, a majority of cases are likely more of a nurture type problem like most of today's ADHD patients starting at now the age of 3! No reason in the world that a 3 year old is diagnosed with ADHD in my opinion, but as I said, what do I know

Not to be taken in the wrong way, there are actual chemical and physical causes to a lot of things. In some instances a proper diagnosis and pharmaceutical treatment will most definitely increase the quality of life. In the end that is what the real goal is, increasing the quality of life.
Well several years ago the DVM had the ethic to prescribe at the minimum age of 18 years old, now they prescribe at 7 years old, when you think about it, it is scary that kids are under these powerful drugs.

I am not convinced that these 20 millions Americans under these powerful drugs have had a proper diagnostic. Like everything else motivated by money, there are fraudulent behavior even from professionals that could dammage permanently people brains after inappropriate treatements, this is serious matter.
There are also so many bad stories about the side effects that change completly the patient behavior, we saw some uggly stories in the news. Unfortunately, lawmakers do not pay attention because these very same big pharma multi national corporations sponsor their political compaign. On the top of that you have also the regulators/insiders sponsored by the same big pharma multi corporations that pay for the studies.

How many more things we have to put on the table to realize that there are huge conflicts of interests.

Sure, not all the professionals are motivated by money, but it is so convenient and lucrative that they make each year their new version of DVM to label anyone with one of their subjective diagnostics.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I forgot to mention how they test these psychoactive drugs and side effects for the patients.

1000 patients on a trial of 4-8 weeks that's all. Do you think it is enough time to test and know everything people should know about these drugs?

It reminds me the GMO tests on 30 rats for 3 months...

Old 06-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
It reminds me the GMO tests on 30 rats for 3 months...
There is a new GMO study out now on pigs and the news is not good for MonSatan.

http://gmojudycarman.org/new-study-s...ed-by-gm-feed/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues