Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Obamacare Call Center Will Not Offer Health-Care Benefits to Employees

Quote:
In order to ensure Americans understand how to access the benefits available to them when many provisions of the Affordable Care Act go online October 1, the Obama administration announced last month that it is setting up a call center that will be accessible to Americans 24 hours a day.

One branch of that call center will be located in California’s Contra Costa County, where, reportedly, 7,000 people applied for the 204 jobs. According to the Contra Costa Times, however, “about half the jobs are part-time, with no health benefits — a stinging disappointment to workers and local politicians who believed the positions would be full-time.” The county supervisor, Karen Mitchoff, called the hiring process “a comedy of errors” and said she “never dreamed [the jobs] would be part-time.”

The Times indicates that a job posting advertised all of the jobs as full-time, and one call center employee, who said no reason for the apparent change was provided, told the paper, ”It reminded me of that George Clooney movie where he goes around the country firing people [Up in the Air]. The woman said, ‘I know you were led to believe you would be full-time, but things have changed. . . . You are actually ‘part-time intermittent.’”
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...eliana-johnson

7,000 people applied for the 204 jobs?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

Kind of reminds you of Wal-mart doesn't it?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
Kind of reminds you of Wal-mart doesn't it?
It reminds me that the jobs are gone and sadly unrest is coming

Robespierre

Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc Tireur View Post
It reminds me that the jobs are gone and sadly unrest is coming
Maybe not for quite some time. In the area of healthcare, corporations have successfully been able to provide less healthcare, and people just die or lose everything. Instead of being educated on eating well, they buy drugs that often do little to make them better. Then they are taught to blame minorities or immigrants for their ills. Right now people don't even know who to rise up against.

And when it comes to the government people are taught to vote to keep government out of their lives, which then equates to corporations having less regulation and more power to pay lower wages, provide less healthcare, and send the jobs overseas as the American people see almost know benefit from their actions.

When people realize that big corporations and government are pretty much the same thing now, then they "might" have a chance of being able to offer a formidable opposition. I just don't see that happening soon.

I do have faith that people will figure this out, but these things take time, sometimes decades.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
I do have faith that people will figure this out, but these things take time, sometimes decades.
Before people can figure this out, it could be a lot of social damages.

If you know a little bit of history, there is no economic grow when there are wars. More wars and more social economic damages it will be.

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues