Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

George Zimmerman: Does He Think He Is Invincible?

Since George Zimmerman has been found not guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin he has been pulled over twice for speeding, visited a gun manufacturer and had his picture taken, and his wife who stood by him through the entire trial has filed for divorce.

Today he has (reportedly) been taken in for questioning concerning a domestic dispute which allegedly involved a knife and a gun.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=20203329

Does he think he is invincible?

Perhaps he should have considered laying low?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Maybe the press should stop stalking him, too.

He's also rescued people....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/22...ek-police-say/

Too bad his marriage couldn't survive the trial. Sounds like she's pretty interesting as well asking for George to purchase a life-insurance policy with her set as the beneficiary.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1448699

I think that they've both been pressed into celebrity and are both showing the signs of strain.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Actually that "rescue" has been disputed.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:59 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Actually that "rescue" has been disputed.
I can't find where it's been actually just disputed. Please share link, Cricket - I'd like to read up.

What about this....

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/2...r-of-blowback/

Could the issue have been put on back burner due to an issue of safety for the family in the accident?

BTW, I do not consider myself an "ardent George Zimmerman supporter".

Random, off topic side note.... Dave and I have had several experiences where we've been the first to arrive on an accident scene. Sometimes I wonder if that's Providential since he has EMT training. (One time we saw a Suburban roll down the freeway in front of us. On one of the rolls a 2-year old was deposited on the ground out the window and the truck kept rolling. Dave was the first to get to her. She was actually just fine. <miracle> )

This type of thing doesn't normally make the news. I don't think it should have made the news in this case were it not for this continuing obsession on the part of the press.

I think his wife is trying to make her divorce case in the press instead of the court room.

I can't believe that Zimmerman would actually threaten two people by putting a hand on a gun.

I think that's fiction.

If not, he's a total idiot. LOL

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I think it is most likely he is an idiot, but that is just my opinion.

It seems more than his wife has given up. His lawyer quit.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=20212533

Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

That being said, it is tough to believe anything the media says these days.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The media is no more or less believable than GZ's wife who has retracted her claim that he had threatened her with a gun (very convenient, especially since the police found no gun in his possession).

<added>
As to his lawyer "quitting": Mark O'mara was never his lawyer in the divorce proceedings. He's still Zimmerman's lawyer in the defamation suit against the media (NBC, I believe) and in the action to get compensation from the state of Florida.

Last edited by Bob Barr; 09-10-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
They're responsible for the "circuses" half of "bread and circuses".
I am encouraged by how many are waking up.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:26 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

This story seems very strange to me. Even George's lawyer is saying George DID have his gun with him.

Is the lawyer lying too?

Also, it doesn't appear she "retracted" her statement as much as clarified she did not SEE the actual weapon but that he touched the area where it normally was.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
This story seems very strange to me. Even George's lawyer is saying George DID have his gun with him.

Is the lawyer lying too?

Also, it doesn't appear she "retracted" her statement as much as clarified she did not SEE the actual weapon but that he touched the area where it normally was.
The lawyer's exact words were "gun with him", meaning that the gun was in his car/truck, not "gun on him", meaning that he had it on his person. She initially claimed that he was threatening her with the gun (on his person), not that it was in the car. She just can't keep her story straight.

<speculation on>
Based on the conflicting reports so far, I'm beginning to think that Shellie Zimmerman may have been trying to accomplish a divorce-by-cop.

After her 911 call reporting that she was being threatened with a gun and that her father had been assaulted, it would have been entirely reasonable for the police to come swarming in with their guns drawn, expecting an armed confrontation. Any false move on Zimmerman's part would have been enough for the police to have shot him, probably killing him.
<speculation off>

Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM
v7n Mentor

I think that there is a lot of money involved in this situation and money makes people weird.

Considering all the death threats against Zimmerman, I would almost expect him to carry a gun.

I think the lawyer is quitting over money - looks likes his bills have not been totally paid by Zimmerman... I can only speculate how much he thinks he needs to be paid for his services on top of the book that he'll sure have ghost-written.

I just can't believe that we're still hearing about him and his business/life.

Maybe his life is like those reality TV shows where people start to feel so comfortable under the cameras that they forget they are there.

<shrug>

Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
I think the lawyer is quitting over money - looks likes his bills have not been totally paid by Zimmerman... I can only speculate how much he thinks he needs to be paid for his services on top of the book that he'll sure have ghost-written.
The story about his lawyer "quitting" is a media fabrication that a lot of people have taken as gospel.

O'Mara isn't representing him in his divorce case and never was. (That's not "quitting", although this is the basis for the media's claim.)

O'Mara isn't representing him in this case because no charges have been filed.

O'Mara is still representing him in his suit against, I believe, ABC for defamation over the altered police call tape that deliberately and falsely portrayed him as a racist.

O'mara is still representing him in his claim against the state of Florida for reimbursement of trial expenses.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

There are more curves to this story than a steep mountain road.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3919759.html

Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
The story about his lawyer "quitting" is a media fabrication that a lot of people have taken as gospel.

O'Mara isn't representing him in his divorce case and never was. (That's not "quitting", although this is the basis for the media's claim.)

O'Mara isn't representing him in this case because no charges have been filed.

O'Mara is still representing him in his suit against, I believe, ABC for defamation over the altered police call tape that deliberately and falsely portrayed him as a racist.

O'mara is still representing him in his claim against the state of Florida for reimbursement of trial expenses.
Bob, I just think George should try to stay out of the spot light for a year or two. Him carrying a gun and him also getting pulled over by the police is not what I call laying low. lol

The media will forget about him eventually if he just disappears and begins a new life. (away from the wife)

I have not been following the case about the reimbursement of trial expense's in Florida. Is that going on or not yet went to trial?

I wonder what George is doing for money these day's?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Bob, I just think George should try to stay out of the spot light for a year or two. Him carrying a gun and him also getting pulled over by the police is not what I call laying low. lol

The media will forget about him eventually if he just disappears and begins a new life. (away from the wife)

I have not been following the case about the reimbursement of trial expense's in Florida. Is that going on or not yet went to trial?

I wonder what George is doing for money these day's?
With the number of direct and explicit calls for his death, he'd be really stupid to NOT be carrying a gun. (The New Black Panther Party put out a "Wanted - Dead or Alive" $10,000 bounty on him. If that were you, would you be without a gun?)

As far as his getting pulled over by police -- Would we have heard anything at all about anyone other than George Zimmerman getting trooper's verbal warning for speeding in Texas? One warning for speeding and one ticket (fine paid, AFAIK) are not exactly a major crime spree.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The media doesn't have to report the getting pulled over online and on t.v.

This is getting old. Hey, I got pulled over last week.. can I get on the news or a story on me?

My problem is with the media and them reporting everything he is doing after he was set free.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues