Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

9-11 Least we forget

Looks like everyone has avoided this topic today. That is not my style. We must remember. We must honor the innocent who died.

For as long as any of the scumbags who fostered or participated in this attack continue to live, none of us should forget and should take all possible steps to take two eyes for each one lost.

As always when I post in this section of the site, the views reflected here are a personal opinion.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I mentioned it on FB and just assumed (yeah, I know what that makes me!) we had done so here. Thank you for doing so. I always remember...

Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

When I woke up this morning it came into my mind. Thought of posting something about 9-11 but then I just let go of this idea and decided to leave it to the citizens of America how they would like to remember it.

Just a flashback of 9-11, the world was shocked about this news and was on TV almost everyday for more than 3 weeks. The Twin Tower collapsed and almost 3000 were killed.
It's been 12 years already and some of the terrorists involved in hijacking still free and well until now.

[I also remember when I visited NYC in 2004, I went into that area first before moving around to see some tourist spots in the city]

Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

It's hard to believe it's been 12 years since that attack. I was 13 and I remember the day so well.

I was outside with my dad helping him change the oil in our van when the news came across the radio.

My dad immediately told me to tell my mom to call my sister who was out in New York working as a nanny. Luckily she was alright.

We were getting ready to make a trip to Arkansas from kansas that day.

Chad

Old 09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

For me and I suspect most people my age there are 3 events the news of which and what we were doing when we heard or saw it are indelibly burnt into our brain. Dallas Nov 22, 1963, the explosion of the Challenger space shuttle and Sept 11 2001.

That takes me from the 4th grade to 12 years ago. While over time I have forgotten a lot of things those 3 days are clear in my mind.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues