Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-21-2013, 07:58 AM
v7n Mentor

Where is ths shame in the lack of respect?

I have went beyond the limit of what I can actually stomach from not simply individuals, but people that are in position of power or recognition that rather than respect those that have suffered a tragedy, been killed in senseless acts, or any other type of calamity.

This tends to be a non-politically attached problem. Just the recent events, the Navy Gun Yard shooting has and is being used as a platform to shout out for gun control, even before the facts were even clearly known with some like Feinstein using it as a platform before the event was even over! The climate control supporters are now using the horrid tragedy of the floods in Colorado as an attempt to support their views on why Climate Change is still a viable following.

These and all people who disrespect the victims of these events and all those effected by these events by using them not for what they are, tragedies, but for bully pulpits and platforms for their personal views and desires. The attitude of letting no tragedy go to waste needs to be replaced by a respectful mourning period, and period of uninhibited time of thoughtless and unreserved assistance and support.

Those that do not follow the way of respect should be ridiculed and shamed for not doing so rather than given support for their platform do you not think? I would love to see people standing up against these shameless acts and putting a stop to them as we as Americans are capable of doing by just standing up against those things we see as morally or ethically wrong.

Are there others that see things as I do or do you have a different view?
www.pchelper123.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

As long as people in power has an agenda, they will use what ever national news they can grab the spot light. It is the most powerful way to gain mass attention at the same time

Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

You aren't alone in your outrage but there are far too few of us to make a difference. The great unwashed, uneducated and uncaring masses will consume and believe what ever spews from the TV or monitor.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

It's a massive combination of "I told you so"-ers and people who are seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

I think this gentleman said it best:

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. -Rahm Emanuel

Kids, by and large, aren't being raised to think outside of themselves and their own wants, needs and feelings. They become adults who think the same way.

This disconnection trivializes death and destruction. So people have no problem turning moments of grief and heartbreak into opportunity.

You'd actually think this would be politically incorrect.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Often when people express outrage at so called insensitivities to victims, it isn't from the victims but from the political opponents of those who are pushing for policies which reduce the likelihood of the tragedy reoccurring.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
This disconnection trivializes death and destruction. So people have no problem turning moments of grief and heartbreak into opportunity.

You'd actually think this would be politically incorrect.
The object of the political game seems to be to divide, rather than unite.
We're much easier to control that way.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Latest Blog:
None

They do this because it works. You can get more people to support your cause by appealing to emotions (especially when those emotions are running high) rather than intellect (largely because intellect is lacking). It's frustrating.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Old 03-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You need to raise above it. It is very hard to do. I am human too. I try to focus on simple acts of kindness. Yes i have lost it with some people on their behavior

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues