Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-26-2013, 09:53 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Careful... Your e-cigs could come under fire!

Let me preface this by saying that as person with asthma, I've never smoked but current trends in government action have made me take note of these e-cigarettes.

Apparently, it's not enough to make every smoker feel like a pariah, but now even the mere simulation of this oral fixation is under fire.

Just wait for the e-cigarette bans that are coming if consumers don't draw the line with government interference.

It looks like the real reason is the money that states might not be receiving from tobacco sales....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfi...-market-share/

I thought the entire point of sticking it to the tobacco companies was to reduce the use of cigarettes so we could all be healthier as dictated by our federal government.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...8-other-states

Whose business is it if people want to vape and look cool? There are so many more deleterious activities to target in our youth. An activity one step above a candy cigarette is not the thing I'd chose to stay awake and night and think about.

If you are looking at the products that actually have nicotine, since when is nicotine any worse than... margarine? (once heavily supported by the Federal government as an answer to dietary woes)

So, let's face it. The best thing invented to help folks quit smoking is too much like the real thing.

I guess it's an issue that is more about smoking and personal liberty ... and not the smoke.

Self righteous who-haas.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues