Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 PM

I'm surprised that this is even an issue. But then again where I live, guns are almost never an issue

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is dumb. Law abiding registered gun owners aren't the ones shooting people. I'm sure the trigger happy criminals will abide by this policy.

They don't have to worry about me anyways, I don't have a gun and I think their coffee is over priced burnt dung water.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:51 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Never an issue in the UK and overpriced Starbucks or anywhere else. Make it not just Starbucks makes more sense to me, but that thread has been shot to death on here.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM

In Turkey Starbucks are usually in shopping centers and you are not allowed to bring firearms to shopping centers as long as you are not a law enforcer. So there is no problem.
Anyways I have never gone to Starbucks. (Seems kinda expensive for me! )

Old 11-19-2013, 06:44 PM

This policy is one of the many reason Starbucks does not get my business. However, the closest one to me is inside of a grocery store, and the grocery store does allow guns so Starbucks kind of got overruled on that one.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
I think there is another side we need to hear as well...
Just Starbucks using a controversial issue to make a statement and use the 24 hour news cycle to promote his business and be relevant.

In reality is the CEO of Starbucks opinion on gun laws really news? More like a desperate media searching for something they can hype/spin into more controversy to gain viewers.

You got the CEO of Starbucks playing a PR game and national news organizations buying into it all the time knowing full well what he is up to. Both sides working together to get what each wants out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from CNN or MSNBC called up Howard Shultz to plan the whole thing out before launch.

It is truly sad how low reporting the "news" has sunk over the years.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 PM

I absolutely agree with you Swedal, this is just Starbucks taking an opportunity to get in the news cycle. Also they have not "banned guns" at Starbucks they are just not recommending that their customers open carry. I live in an open carry state, but being a petite woman I choose to conceal my weapon. Most of the people I come into contact with have no idea that I never set foot out of my house unarmed...the ones that do notice are either law enforcement or other gun owners and they will never rat you out to the unsuspecting sheeple.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am in favour of having guns owned by the police and security guards only. No other person even higher authorized person should keep gun!

No Gun!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues