Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Reporters Finding New Careers

It doesn't take much to see a general left-ward lean to the American press.

I just never thought that there could be more to it.

Imagine if your plans included working for the Administration. Do you think that the hope would affect your reporting on said Administration?

I just saw this article and frankly it's sad and disappointing.

Jay Carney says it was a simple calculation. He could continue as a reporter and writer for the rest of his working life, or he could try something new and different.

He chose something different. After 20 years as a reporter at Time magazine, Carney accepted an offer to become communications director for Joe Biden, the newly elected vice president, in late 2008. Carney would go on to become President Obama’s press secretary two years later. “I had a great job” at Time, Carney says. “I’d also been doing it for 20 years. Doing something completely new has an appeal.”

As it happens, Carney was an early adopter. He was among the first of what has turned out to be a parade of journalists who’ve turned in their press badges for work in the Obama administration. In a trend that has raised some eyebrows among Obama’s critics, at least 20 reporters and editors from mainstream news organizations have taken high-profile positions in the administration within the past five years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...5d0_print.html

Does this surprise you? Am I really the last to know?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues