Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe the healthcare.gov developers should have joined

I am ROTHLMAO as the story develops about the massive failure of https://www.healthcare.gov/

Maybe those guys should have hung out in a few premier webmaster sites like v7n and asked a few questions before they produced the site.

IMO, putting a non web pro in charge probably isn't going to help the issues.

Tell me what you think. We will save the can they do better with heath care than they did with with websites for another thread. .................Well if you twist my arm we might make an exception.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Another typical government project... All waste and very little substance.
So much money wasted and the results weren't just falling short, they were abysmal.

I think the government needs to go back to the company that got the contract and demand that most (if not all) of the money be returned.
And how could the company that was awarded the contract go live with that website?
They had huge traffic issues but should have known there would be millions of visitors to the site from the beginning.
Just a total governMENTAL mess!

Hard to believe but they almost made a bigger mess of the website rollout than they did with the legislation itself..... almost.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I think it's dysfunctional on purpose.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

This is a long video and John McAfee talks about the website and how the Gov. tried to get advice and possible have him fix the problem's.

He talks about the cheap company who hired the health care programmers. They didn't even hire programmars from America to create the website. The woman in charge of hiring the company should be fired. How the hell you do not hire american programmers? I'm sure there some unemployeed ones that could do the job. They need to scrap the whole website and re-code the whole thing. John mention's this more then once in the video.

He of course isn't doing it and explains why. There other issue's he discuss's in the video as well. I watched this whole thing before I left for work.

[YT]uS5Uyym7Cww[/YT]

Old 10-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Did you see the cost of building that site? The floor for spending appears to be $170 million with an upward potential of nearly $300 million. Let's make the federal government a deal and rebuild it for $80 million.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Something that does not seem to be getting the coverage in the news that I think it deserves is that fact that much of the work was outsourced to other countries. Why would we do that when we have good people looking for work in this country? Maybe we can throw a few food stamps their way.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

When you outsource to non american's, this is the result below:

U.S. Government Fixes Copyright Violation in Healthcare.gov Code

Some idiot programmer decided to use a code and not leave the credit's in it. How would you like it if you wrote a code that took more then a few days to perfect and it being used on a goverment website with no credit to you?

Wow, I hope these outsourcing companies get there business shut down. They can't do anything right.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

This just keeps getting more unbelievable every day...

Midlands man has personal information compromised on healthcare.gov
http://www.wistv.com/story/23864518/...-healthcaregov

HealthCare.gov ducked final security requirements before launch
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...before-launch/

Healthcare.gov Users Warn of Compromised Personal Information
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...sterling-beard

Are you feeling more confident about using the site yet?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I was reading a similiar story earlier. My web host website is more secure then the health one. It's like a bunch of newbies coded it and a 4 year old boy put in charge of making the website go live on it's intended date.

All parties involved in creating the website to the people put in charge of it should be fired or put in jail. Spend all that money on hiring people/companies to create the website and it's a freaking joke. No one should do business with these companies at all.

We have better coders on this forum. lol

Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

Looks like now that they are bringing Google, Oracle and Red hat people on board to help the site is working much better!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
Looks like now that they are bringing Google, Oracle and Red hat people on board to help the site is working much better!
Is it working better at keeping your information private? Or is it still sharing that information with complete strangers?

I also noticed they hired back the firm that started all this.

Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare website
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...care-exchange/

Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Special Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Is it working better at keeping your information private? Or is it still sharing that information with complete strangers?

I also noticed they hired back the firm that started all this.

Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare website
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...care-exchange/
I shared more information on v7n than I shared on the ACA site. Have you actually tried it yourself?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

This is a tad off topic but I did my benifit's for next year through my company and it's up $2 more per paycheck. Not bad, it could of been worse.

Bad side was my plan wouldn't roll over to next year, I had to login verify everything and of course spent 6 hours reading the book they gave us on the coverage's. I had to read the small details because you can screwed if you don't know them.

I am still asking my friends (offline ones) if they is going through the healthcare.org website yet to get insurance. No one is answering me still. Maybe they still can't get logged on?

I am trying to get first hand feedback from my friends about the website and how much time it would take from start to finish to get "X" and "X" plan's.

By the end of Nov. isn't all the bug's supposed to be fixed?

Seems like it's not enough time for programmers to basically rewrite half of the code or more on a large website.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
I shared more information on v7n than I shared on the ACA site. Have you actually tried it yourself?
Seriously? This doesn't concern you?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ealthcare.gov/

Quote:
According to federal guidelines, high risk means "the vulnerability could be expected to have a severe or catastrophic adverse affect on organizational operations ... assets or individuals."

Old 12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Seriously? This doesn't concern you?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ealthcare.gov/
Apparently, they didn't build the website with security in mind at all.

I just don't see how you can spend that much money in 3 years.... new science technologies have been created for less than that.

I can't believe they single sourced the development of the software to a Canadian company.

I'm thinking.... Oracle? Not good enough for you?

I keep thinking... How dare they?

How dare they overburden American companies with over-reaching regulations and high taxes then outsource contracts for work that affects the lives of every American.

I'm really and truly irked by the entire thing.

And you can't find a single decent project manager in the entire U S of A to manage the project?

Did the freakin' politician in charge of this know anything about how to bring a technological project "to market".

Aaaaarg.

But....

They've explored the SCIENCE OF COOKING....

http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2...ng-themed.html

Shoot, they take WEEKS to build the White House Gingerbread house... so glad I could pay for that as well. That's WEEKS, FOLKS!!! What is the man-hour estimate for a job like that?

http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2...y-in.html#more

If they need entertainment in the White House they are good at picking that type of talent.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/09/16/obamas-host-command-concert-sequester/

Rant over.

Last edited by txshellie; 12-20-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Another typical government project... All waste and very little substance.
So much money wasted and the results weren't just falling short, they were abysmal.

I think the government needs to go back to the company that got the contract and demand that most (if not all) of the money be returned.
And how could the company that was awarded the contract go live with that website?
They had huge traffic issues but should have known there would be millions of visitors to the site from the beginning.
Just a total governMENTAL mess!

Hard to believe but they almost made a bigger mess of the website rollout than they did with the legislation itself..... almost.
Well, Zap, at least they outsourced it to a Canadian company rather than a Chinese one. (CGI - These are the guys that did your gun registry software. I've heard rumors that the effort was abandoned unfinished but I haven't been able to confirm that.)

One of the top honchos at CGI apparently went to college with Michelle Obama - what more qualifications does a company need?

Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
They've explored the SCIENCE OF COOKING....

http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2...ng-themed.html

Shoot, they take WEEKS to build the White House Gingerbread house... so glad I could pay for that as well. That's WEEKS, FOLKS!!! What is the man-hour estimate for a job like that?

Rant over.
Aw shucks. Every president or more likely the first lady has had some somewhat extravagant project. I'm not going to pick on them for something like that. The office comes with a few perks.

I would much rather nail them with their dismal record and lack of accomplishments.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread