Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Hello from israel

Hi people. I am a soldier who served almost three years in one of the special forces in the IDF. almost a month ago i was quite badly wounded in Lebanon.
I was given internet three days ago and found your site. I read some of the things people wrote and I noticed that most of you don't really know what is going on in Israel right now. I have two more weeks in the hospital so I have nothing else to do anyway :-).
Just you to know, I don't hate arabs, palestinians, lebanonese or any other humans in the world. you can ask whatever you like.
So... your turn.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Individualist

Welcome to the forums.

I didn't think that Jewish Israelis hated Arabs. Seeing how the Arab population in Israel is growing.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Latest Blog:
None

well...

the situation is never clear. arabs who live inside cities like tel aviv or jerusalem are easier to talk with. the villages where only arabs live (especially in the zones of the western bank) are quite different. most of the terrorists come from there.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Welcome to the forums... I hope you have a speedy recovery.

In one of the othe discussions in the political forums, this video was posted. What do you think of the way the Israeli army are represented in it?

Old 08-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Welcome to v7n!
laurakishimoto.com

Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hope you get better soon. You're right, most of us don't have any idea what it might be like.

There's a well-known Israeli policy that goes something like this: if attacked, attack back ten times harder. Do you think that is justified, or necessary?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
There's a well-known Israeli policy that goes something like this: if attacked, attack back ten times harder. Do you think that is justified, or necessary?
I disagree with that. I find that as I research further into such instances the Iraelies usually put up with a lot of **** before retaliating and that they are very well justified... Nine times out of ten, it seems like the media and the rest of the world only discuss the instances where Israel attacks someone else, but rarely is it publicized when they are being attacked, terrorized, or kidnapped... but I'm not there, so I look forward to Aureliano's response on that question.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Alright... It's gonna be long...
first, about the movie (I admit that i only saw 40 minutes of it).

most times the parts were of palestinians throwing stones during the day. in such situation, our orders are quite simple: we're not allowed to shoot. unless we notice a guy with a rifle (real rifle, yes?) or someone who holds a burning molotov coctail. in the last case we are allowed to shoot only if he can throw that coctail at us, and only while he holds it in his hands. if he already threw it we are not allowed to shoot. if you watch the movie, notice that almost all the rifles have a long and thick barrel (we are talking about the m-16) which is not regular. that barrel can't shoot real bullets. it shoots special rubber bullets, which do not kill (and sometimes don't even wound, unfortunatly).
about the part where five soldiers hit two tied guys, well - that sucks. I never hit a tied guy, even if I knew he was a terrorist. usually people who serve in the special forces (in my unit at least) are proud enough not to do such things. we aren't there to beat them. we are there to either find them and bring them to the police, or kill them if they are armed. if the guy runs from me i'll hit him. if he hits me or someone from my team i'll beat the **** out of him. if he'll pull out a knife, or a gun or something like that i'll kill him.
I killed two terrorists during my service. both times they were armed with rifles. as for what happened in that movie... well, i hope the soldiers were punished for what they done.
now, as for the roadblocks. in the movie we saw a woman trying to reach her house, a guy who shows his documents and stuff like that.
the work on the roadblocks is very simple: you stand there and you have orders you got from the police: for example: "we know that a wanted terrorist is trying to get to jenin. we know that he lives in the village xxx and that he is 20-30 years old" so every guy who comes from that village and he is in the proper age would not pass. sometimes we recieve knowledge that an unknown terrorist is trying to get trough. so the road is closed. end of story. and a woman will come and say "i need to get home". so what? I'll let her pass? and then someone else will come, and someone else? and maybe that woman is the terrorist, by the way. no one blocks the road because he is bored and want's to mess witht the arabs. and in the police the day doesn't start like that:

Beni - good morning, Yonatan. what's up?
Yonatan - As usual Beni. Kinda bored.
Beni - let's hit the arabs a little. wanna block a road or something?
Yonatan - yeah, let's not allow anyone to leave Jenin until the evening!

don't forget that the soldiers who stand in the roads are 19-22 years old. and they are tired, bored and haven't been home for quite a while. so if some guy answers an old woman "go to work" it's usually not because he hates everyone who speak arabic... damn, third of the doctors who take care of me here in the hospital are arabs!
as for the second question, about the responce of the israeli army when we are attacked, if you are talking about the current situation in lebanon, please notice that after we lost eight soldier and two more captured (and a tank destroyed, with it's crew) and after rockets started falling in our land we physically didn't entered lebanon for nearly a week. after more soldiers were killed (inside already) the situation grew more and more.

last thing. i don't remember who, but someone here wrote that israel killed only 6 hizballa troopers in lebanon. that's complete bull****. my team only killed 16 armed men, and found so many rifles that everyone were shocked. by the way, these hizballa guys have excellent equipment. they have laser points, night view, and a huge amount of anti-tank rockets.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Aureliano, thanks for sharing. It's my understanding that while hizballa has no air force to speak of, they have a pretty strong ground arsenal... it sounds like that's what you are finding thus far.

You remind of me of my childhood friend who is in the U.S. Special Forces. He's served in Iraq and Afghanistan now, headed back to Afghanistan in a month.

I hope you heal fully and please feel free to post often around here, it's always good to hear from an insider.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
xo mudslide

welcome and FEEL BETTER

Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 PM

Welcome ...Get well soon...

Old 08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Wow... thank you all, really. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask...

Old 08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
xo mudslide

so how'd ya find a web developers forum ???

Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

that's what I was wondering!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Latest Blog:
None

since i have a lot of time (and a long night ahead) i'll tell you a little story...

it was the second week of the fighting. I was lying in the hospital for already few days. my team continued to fight inside.
they were commanded to enter a village and destroy all hizballa troopers they find. they entered the village reletively quietly, entered few houses and then shots started. my team noticed three hizballa guys entering a house. they shot a rocket trough a window. explosion. two hizbollas ran from the burning house (the third was probably killed) and were shot with a machinegun. after they fell rockets from one of the far buildings started to be shot at my team. they left their house immidietly, and when they were on the street they took the two bodies of the hizballa guys. one of them had radio. some of us know arabic. they took the radio and listened to it..

"We shot our rockets!"
"alright, go and take some more from the school! then continue shooting!)

hmmm... school... the offiser opened a map, found the school and talked to the airforce. after two minutes.... booom. no more school. we opened the radio again.

"ahmmm.... they blew up the school..."
"what?! ok, retreat to the white building. i'll meet you there and we'll decide what to do next"

white building? there is a big white house on the map in the north west part of the village.
two snipers took out their rifles and reached the best window toward the "white house". after a minute, two shots.

afterwar the hizballa's didn't talk in the radio anymore. i guess they got the situation

Old 08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Latest Blog:
None

quite simple. on yahoo i wrote "israel lebanon"
and suddenly i got into here... after i read some stuff i decided to write a little. lying in the bed for the entire day is kinda boring

Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Hi Aureliano, and welcome...

You did say "you can ask whatever you like"; so here is a fairly inflamitory question for you...

Any possiblility that the terrorists that you're killing are in fact freedom fighters, simply fighting an illegal occupation?

Old 08-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Latest Blog:
None

i was sure that something like this will be asked.

they are "freedom fighters". they really try to reach their freedom and belief.
but they explode inside our cities, killing men, women and children?
they enter a jewish village and cut pregnant women?
in their cities they hide behind unarmed people so we won't shoot them?

you know, a friend of mine told me a small story
two weeks ago there were some serious fighting in one village. the hizbollas were hidden in one of the houses. the paratroopers were the infantry force in the area. they reached the zone and were shot. one dead, two wounded.
so, they called a tank. the tank reached the zone and already put his cannon at the hizballa house. and then suddenly a little girl went into the window. and a tall woman behind her. and after them a guy with an anti tank missile.
so what would the tanksmen do? should they blow the house and kill women and children? or should they let hizballa shoot them with a missle, and kill them?
you know, we are 21 years old. we will remember this **** for our entire life.
in the end, the tank retreated and didn't shoot. the hizballa shot but only scratched the tank. after two hours helicopters blew the house and the forces re-entered afterwards. i can only hope that the women and the girl weren't held in the house then.

i don't know what kind of peace is possible with such people, and if their freedom is holding children as shield and blowing themself up in restaurants, then it's not the kind of freedom that i would appreciate

Old 08-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Aureliano, you have global support. But unfortunately, Terrorists usually do too.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Ferre oh Ferre...where art thou Ferre. This is first hand, no spin, reporting. Not the crap we see in the press or in Ferre's "sources."

Aureliano, welcome and thank you for giving us first hand info.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread