Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Individualist

You emailed me? I never got it. Why would you not PM me? And - just curious here - are you ashamed of who you voted for? A lot of people are quite proud of their voting history and put it on cars in the form of bumper stickers. Many philosophers believe that democracy imposes a burden on citizens to justify their positions to others, not hide them. Rawls, for instance.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I'm not ashamed of who I voted for. I'm ashamed that I let you get an emotional response out of me. which I am sure is your goal. Did you read one of those "how to win arguments on the internet" books?

You haven't given much of your views here, other than blaming everyone except banks for the financial mess we're in. Oh, and you like communes. And free markets that somehow don't equate to capitalism. The rest has been just poking and prodding - like you enjoy stirring up trouble.

You deliberately avoid questions that would force you to admit that your starting premise was wrong.

I'm not playing anymore. What's the point? I'm not going to change your mind so you're just wasting my time.

I didn't email you - I meant if you get the topic reply notifications then you saw my original post before I changed it.

I voted for Jameson against Hutchison. He lost. I campaigned for Ron Paul during the bailout crap. He lost the nomination, but as a TX Rep, he voted against it.

Those are the names I mentioned in my initial response. I'm not ashamed. Pretty much everyone I vote for loses. But I vote for my conscience, not for bragging rights when "my guy" wins (which is the logical extension of the question I often hear - "why would you vote for someone who doesn't have a chance of winning?")

I was ashamed that I let you get an emotional response from me and I gave other details I wouldn't normally give in a public forum. Your rhetoric of "you people got what you asked for, and now you and your kids are going to pay for it" was pissing me off - and I am ashamed of that. You're not worth letting my blood pressure get high.

If you're saying that I am responsible for this mess because I either voted for the traitors that approved the bailouts, or abdicated my responsibility by not voting at all, and therefore I deserve what I got, you're wrong. Neither is true. I don't deserve this. Neither do my children or grandchildren.

Even the people who DID vote for someone who in turn voted for the bailouts, or people who didn't vote at all because they're disillusioned with the whole election process (which I totally understand) - they don't deserve this either.

You seem to be very angry, but angry at the wrong people. I cannot comprehend why, and now I've quit trying.

I'm done here. I'm moving on to more productive conversations. If anyone else wishes to continue this conversation by actually contributing to it (as several have) I'll be happy to converse, but I am done with you John. I won't entertain you any longer.

Last edited by Katt; 02-16-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues