Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Take Hezbollah off list

good or bad proposition?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I would be supportive of any move that would further the cause of peace in the region.

I would think that a requirement for removal from a list of terrorists, would be some form of public statement denouncing terrorism, followed by action that backs up the statement.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Individualist

Their are self proclaimed terrorists and it would be dishonest to call them otherwise.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott
Their are self proclaimed terrorists and it would be dishonest to call them otherwise.
Hezbollah would have to come an awful long way away from where they are now to be considered legitimate enough to sit down at the bargaining table with.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
v7n Mentor

say what? That is like negotiating with terrorists. They are terrorists and a danger to the world. Not labelling them as such would be the biggest hypocricy and one of the Clinton type solutions, trying to get temporary peace.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor
say what? That is like negotiating with terrorists. They are terrorists and a danger to the world. Not labelling them as such would be the biggest hypocricy and one of the Clinton type solutions, trying to get temporary peace.
Such things are not unheard of.
Wasn't the US a peace broker between IRA and the British government?

Old 08-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

or training and arming the Taliban to fight the Russians? Or the Bay of Pigs?

Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJelly
Or the Bay of Pigs?
was always wandering if a Black Sabbath's song refered to that

Old 08-25-2006, 02:27 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Such things are not unheard of.
Wasn't the US a peace broker between IRA and the British government?
Quote:
or training and arming the Taliban to fight the Russians? Or the Bay of Pigs?
The Talibal was an allie then, yes, against a greater enemy. Like Pakistan is now an allie. Not a friend, but a strategic partner.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

So it depends on a country's objectives who is considered a terrorist organisation or not?

Old 08-26-2006, 02:46 AM
v7n Mentor

No, it depends on simple human values and expectations you put on yourself and others.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

the Taliban's human values haven't changed since they were an 'ally', the only thing that has changed has been the end of the Cold War. I.e objectives

Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 AM
v7n Mentor

They never had any values to begin with. They supported the US once cause they got paid a ****load of cash, which is btw. the only reason Pakistan supports the US. They'd sell us out to the next highest bidder and wouldn't give a flying **** if we all went up in flames. Oh ... and when I say "we", that includes you ... the UK.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
They supported the US
Interesting wording there... how about the US supported them? A political movement not even recognised officially by the US.

My point here is that the countries that claim to never negotiate with terrorists do and have done for a long time and that a lot of the verbal diarrhoea our leaders spew is merely to try and convince the populus that us and our allies have the moral highground in 'the War on Terror'

Old 08-26-2006, 03:07 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Interesting wording there... how about the US supported them? A political movement not even recognised officially by the US.

My point here is that the countries that claim to never negotiate with terrorists do and have done for a long time and that a lot of the verbal diarrhoea our leaders spew is merely to try and convince the populus that us and our allies have the moral highground in 'the War on Terror'
But what you're dealing with in the world of Islam is a pile of garbage, and the only ones willing to help are often the snakes who will sell out for cash. It's an ugly and dirty battle. It doesn't really have to do with moral highground or not. It's about getting the job done and protecting ourselves from a bunch of nutjobs.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Perhaps it is this sweeping prejudice which is causing the problems in the first place?

I stopped believing in the good guys and the bad guys when I learnt Batman wasn't real (about 3 weeks ago).

Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Perhaps it is this sweeping prejudice which is causing the problems in the first place?

I stopped believing in the good guys and the bad guys when I learnt Batman wasn't real (about 3 weeks ago).
Which prejudice exactly are you referring to? Stuff like this from the Quran saying it's only a sin to kill another Muslim, or people like me having the nerve to tell others about it? You seem to live in a dreamworld. Islam is real, and it's a thread. And it has nothing to do with what we do. They will always fight us. May I ask you why you are so eager to defend a believe system that categorizes you as a subhuman for the lack of faith in their ideology?

Old 08-26-2006, 05:16 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Which prejudice exactly are you referring to? Stuff like this from the Quran saying it's only a sin to kill another Muslim, or people like me having the nerve to tell others about it? You seem to live in a dreamworld. Islam is real, and it's a thread. And it has nothing to do with what we do. They will always fight us. May I ask you why you are so eager to defend a believe system that categorizes you as a subhuman for the lack of faith in their ideology?
You can say exactly the same about the other religions based on the Abrahamic scriptures and that includes Chistians. Christians have whiped out complete cultures in the not-so-long-ago past. Don't act as if only muslims are the only dangerous religious nutters on this planet, they are not. Read the bible dude, it demands the destruction of all other believe systems and it demands Christians to kill anyone who doesn't believe in their god and they have managed to demolish lots of cultures the past centuries.

Christianity does exactly that too, it categorizes you as a subhuman for the lack of faith in their ideology.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:07 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
You can say exactly the same about the other religions based on the Abrahamic scriptures and that includes Chistians. Christians have whiped out complete cultures in the not-so-long-ago past. Don't act as if only muslims are the only dangerous religious nutters on this planet, they are not. Read the bible dude, it demands the destruction of all other believe systems and it demands Christians to kill anyone who doesn't believe in their god and they have managed to demolish lots of cultures the past centuries.

Christianity does exactly that too, it categorizes you as a subhuman for the lack of faith in their ideology.
Stop halluzinating, Ferre. Show us where Jesus demands destruction

Old 08-26-2006, 06:47 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Not Jesus demands that, "God" does. Read Deuteronomy (for one example) dude. Look at history, does 'inquisition' ring a bell? Or 'Incas', or 'Mayas'? Or just count how many native American people are still living on this planet.

It's not only Islam that advocates world domination and the destruction of all others dude, there are more wacko religions on this planet, and just as dangerous for those who don't agree with their doctrines. History proves this and it's plain stupid and acting as if you're blind when you only blaim Islam for the oppression of non-believers and the fighting for world domination.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues