Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

http://rt.com/op-edge/160168-imagine...ble-standards/

Quote:
Imagine if the democratically-elected government of Canada had been toppled in a Russian-financed coup, in which far-right extremists and neo-Nazis played a prominent role.
That the new unelected 'government' in Ottawa cancelled the law giving the French language official status, appointed a billionaire oligarch to run Quebec and signed an association agreement with a Russian-led trade bloc.
Just imagine…
If Russia had spent $5 billion on regime change in Canada and then a leading Canadian energy firm had appointed to its board of directors the son of a top Russian government politician.
Just imagine…
If the Syrian government had hosted a meeting in Damascus of the 'Friends of Britain'- a group of countries who supported the violent overthrow of David Cameron's government.
That the Syrian government and its allies gave the anti-government ‘rebels’ in Britain millions of pounds and other support, and failed to condemn ‘rebel’ groups when they killed British civilians and bombed schools, hospitals and universities.
That the Syrian Foreign Minister dismissed next year’s scheduled general election in the UK as a ‘parody of democracy’ and said that Cameron must stand down before any elections are held.
Just imagine…
If in 2003, Russia and its closest allies had launched a full-scale military invasion of an oil-rich country in the Middle East, having claimed that that country possessed WMDs which threatened the world and that afterwards no WMDs were ever found.
That up to 1 million people had been killed in the bloodshed that followed the invasion and that the country was still in turmoil over 10 years later.
That Russian companies had come in to benefit from the reconstruction and rebuilding work following the 'regime change'.
Quote:
Actions have been taken by the US and its allies which would be considered totally outrageous if carried out by other countries. All we have to do is to switch the names of the countries concerned to see the double standards.

If Russia had attacked an oil-rich Middle Eastern nation in 2003, and pro-Russian journalists peddled the same sort of deceitful pro-war, WMD propaganda that neocons and faux-leftists did in the west when the US invaded Iraq, then we can be sure that Russia would have been regarded as an international pariah, and the journalists who acted as cheerleaders for the illegal invasion would be discredited for the rest of their lives. But the US is not subject to sanctions or treated as an outcast, its President in 2003, George W. Bush and his close ally Tony Blair, have yet to stand trial for war crimes, and the media 'pundits' who supported the invasion of Iraq are still in place and now pushing for a new Cold war against Russia and new military 'intervention' against Syria.

If Russia had spent $5bn on toppling the democratically-elected government of either Canada or Mexico, and installed a pro-Russian junta in its place, we can be sure that within hours, a full scale military invasion by the US would have taken place, in order to remove the new 'government' from power. Western television news channels and elite pundits would be enthusiastically supporting the US action - declaring it to be a 'response to Russian aggression' and saying it was totally justified. But when the regime changing was done by the US in Ukraine, and a pro-US junta installed in power in Kiev, it’s a very different story. The same people who would cry ‘foul’ at the top of their voices if Russia engineered a coup in Canada or Mexico, celebrate the unlawful toppling of the legitimate government of Ukraine.
The US (and the West) has no moral high ground, no authority and no business meddling in the affairs of soverign nations.
The world would be a much safer place without hypocritical, interventionist western governments.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

When two elephants are fight the grass is the one that suffers, we shouldn't forget that Putin, Obama, Knud Bartels, Cameron and all other leaders never go to battle field but they decide our fate. I think every state has interest in another one's state, if every country protect its interest then which country will ever fail to protect its interest? obviously the weak so Russia is not weak and it has shown that.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
The US (and the West) has no moral high ground, no authority and no business meddling in the affairs of soverign nations.
The world would be a much safer place without hypocritical, interventionist western governments.
As much as I agree with what you have posted I disagree with the impression that the west is the only side with dirty hands. Russia is not a benefactor to the Ukrainian people. They are literally getting screwed on all sides. As usual, popular revolt has been co-opted by monied interests, leave the people in pretty much the same position they were before.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedfordlawyer View Post
As much as I agree with what you have posted I disagree with the impression that the west is the only side with dirty hands. Russia is not a benefactor to the Ukrainian people. They are literally getting screwed on all sides. As usual, popular revolt has been co-opted by monied interests, leave the people in pretty much the same position they were before.
I'm not saying that the west is the only side with fault, here.
But if you look at the actions of the Russian government, western governments and the Ukrainian government, it's pretty clear that the people are getting screwed by all 3 and it's equally clear that the west started the whole mess.
Perhaps, if we hadn't poured billions into destabilization, then there might not be parts of what used to be Ukraine, trying to join Russia.
Putin is definitely in the poker game, but we shuffled the deck and dealt the cards. We can hardly blame Putin for pulling up a chair and placing his bet.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ng-caught-tape

US backed Ukrainian government fires bombs from jet into city centre filled with people (civilians).
Nice work we're doing over there.

[YT]x3wBXkR0rJ0[/YT]

Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
10-21-2017 Snippets

I would hope not and I don't expect that we would go war against them anyway, but if this is the case that we would be in war against them then the government and the president have to understand that we just got done with afghanistan and they are already started coming back home to their family and then go right back out to another war especially against a true competitor comparing to Iraq and Afghanistan? I think not!

US is the strongest and #1 in military for fighting in war and defense and Russia is the #2, they said if these two ever to go in war against each others that the earth would be over.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You dont pick a fight with a bully. Either you bend over and give in or you take the fight when it comes to you. Waiting makes it just worse

Old 06-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie View Post
I would hope not and I don't expect that we would go war against them anyway, but if this is the case that we would be in war against them then the government and the president have to understand that we just got done with afghanistan and they are already started coming back home to their family and then go right back out to another war especially against a true competitor comparing to Iraq and Afghanistan? I think not!

US is the strongest and #1 in military for fighting in war and defense and Russia is the #2, they said if these two ever to go in war against each others that the earth would be over.
Russia is #2?
Where?
Look at the coutnry list by GDP.
Look at the USA GDP and then at russian. Then back at the USA. And back to the Putin's world.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_Daughtrey View Post
Russia is #2?
Where?
Look at the coutnry list by GDP.
Look at the USA GDP and then at russian. Then back at the USA. And back to the Putin's world.
It's not really about GDP, or economical development. There is a number of poor countries, but still military intimidating.
And with Russia it is even more complicated. Basically, history teaches that wars with Russia do not end well, no matter which side holds up the winner's cup.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:09 PM

What would be so great about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
So we can stop sending out all of that foreign aid then? Great.
Certainly we can, but what would be so great about it? The American government sends out aid for the same reasons it sends out armies...to serve American interests. That is its job, after all. Of the two, I prefer the aid, since, unlike sending out armies, sacrificing American lives isn't inherent in the process of sending out aid. It also provides a better ROI and is therefore less expensive for the American taxpayer.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeomo View Post
It also provides a better ROI and is therefore less expensive for the American taxpayer.
That sounds too logical...

Old 06-20-2014, 04:49 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Without this wars that start here and there all over the world, with or without reasonable reasons, the big weapons corporations in America and Russia and elsewhere will have no billions of dollars transferred to their account, and i think this scenario is not going to happen in the near future.
I think the big arm corporations should be banned to do business in the world, because they are the cause of all the conflicts that happens all over the world!!!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by salati View Post
Without this wars that start here and there all over the world, with or without reasonable reasons, the big weapons corporations in America and Russia and elsewhere will have no billions of dollars transferred to their account, and i think this scenario is not going to happen in the near future.
I think the big arm corporations should be banned to do business in the world, because they are the cause of all the conflicts that happens all over the world!!!
This is very true and very sad. Think about it if we ban these big weapons corporations how many people will be unemployed. This is how hard this problem is to solve

Old 06-21-2014, 05:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok you are saying that employing maybe a millon or less is more important then the millon of lifes that is destroyed every year over and over????

Old 06-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Certainly 100 years from now if there is such a time in human history, the capitalist system will be condemned for the unrestricted greed that allowed munitions and arms makers to spread the "ability to war'. I personally feel like it is the greatest failure of the capitalist system.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

These wars should be ended, that is not todays trend to fight like animals!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Great idea. And who is it, exactly, who is going to ban them?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Certainly 100 years from now if there is such a time in human history, the capitalist system will be condemned for the unrestricted greed that allowed munitions and arms makers to spread the "ability to war'.
??? The capitalist system has been condemned for "the unrestricted greed that allowed munitions and arms makers to spread the ability to war" for nearly 100 years already, although a lot of people were too busy reveling in the fruits of the permanent war economy to listen...or to want to hear it. It's only now, as we are nearing the end game, that a lot of people are slapping their foreheads and saying, "Oh noes! Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all!"

Condemnation hasn't proven to have much practical value as a deterrent.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeomo View Post
Great idea. And who is it, exactly, who is going to ban them?
And, more to the point...who is it, exactly, that would enforce the ban? How? With arms?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

So i guess the answer is easy, the people that have the power and that is all humans in this planet, they are the real power and they should do something about this problem!!!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues