Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Death And Taxes

It has been said that the only two things in life that are assured are Death and Taxes.

And, as we fund death and destruction and destabilization of governments around the world, it is important to keep in mind where the money to accomplish all that doom and gloom comes from...

Quote:
If you are like most Americans, paying taxes is one of your pet peeves. The deadline to file your federal taxes is coming up, and this year Americans will spend more than 7 billion hours preparing their taxes and will hand over more than four trillion dollars to federal, state and local governments. Americans will fork over nearly 30 percent of what they earn to pay their income taxes, but that is only a small part of the story.

As you will see below, there are dozens of other taxes that Americans pay every year. Of course not everyone pays all of these taxes, but without a doubt we are all being taxed into oblivion. It is like death by a thousand paper cuts. Our politicians have become extremely creative in finding ways to extract money from all of us, and most Americans don't even realize what is being done to them. By the time it is all said and done, a significant portion of the population ends up paying more than half of what they earn to the government. That is fundamentally wrong, but nothing will be done about it until people start demanding change. The following is a list of 97 taxes Americans pay every year...

#1 Air Transportation Taxes (just look at how much you were charged the last time you flew)
#2 Biodiesel Fuel Taxes
#3 Building Permit Taxes
#4 Business Registration Fees
#5 Capital Gains Taxes
#6 Cigarette Taxes
#7 Court Fines (indirect taxes)
#8 Disposal Fees
#9 Dog License Taxes
#10 Drivers License Fees (another form of taxation)
#11 Employer Health Insurance Mandate Tax
#12 Employer Medicare Taxes
#13 Employer Social Security Taxes
#14 Environmental Fees
#15 Estate Taxes
#16 Excise Taxes On Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans
#17 Federal Corporate Taxes
#18 Federal Income Taxes
#19 Federal Unemployment Taxes
#20 Fishing License Taxes
Continued here...
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...pay-every-year

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Oh Zap, you really know how to stir me up!! LOL

I read that same article yesterday and noted that it left out some of my "favorite" taxes. Tobacco and alcohol taxes really burn me up, because they're built-in to the item's price, so when you pay for the item and pay sales tax, you are literally paying sales tax on taxes!! Why would I "buy" taxes?

It's to the point where if you add up all the taxes, most Americans are likely spending about 50% of their income on taxes and that's insane. And what are we getting for our money? A greedy Hydra of a beast that only wants more more more.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Taxes burn my fire too! Taxes, fines, penalties, license fees.
And I would bet that we pay more than 50% of our income to taxes, once they are all accounted for.
(I say "I would bet" because I really can't bet, once the government gets their hands on my wallet.)

Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

You missed a couple of the more onerous ones.

Personal property taxes
Real property taxes.

There they tax you on money you already spent and charge you for the privilege of owning said items.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I just realized that this topic isn't really "controversial" - we all agree! (and who wouldn't?)

Old 03-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Some bleeding heart will come along soon and tell us how evil we are , to not want help those unwilling to work.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Latest Blog:
None

You're right ScriptMan. And I will tell the bleeding heart that charity is a much more effective and efficient way to help those truly in need without creating generational dependence on gov't (taxpayers). I give to charity, and would give a lot more if gov't would get their hands out of my purse!

More taxes not on the list - and some will surely disagree with me here - social security and medicare taxes. A lot of people consider SS a "retirement fund" but they're deluded. There is no fund, the money is not kept separate or protected in any way. It goes into the general fund as is spent as soon as they get it. And there's a good chance that many of us who paid in our entire lives will never collect a dime.

SS is a stupid system. I worked for a lady who started getting letters from SS when she reached retirement age. She had no intention of retiring, and DID NOT WANT OR NEED THE MONEY. Then when she reached a certain age (maybe it was 70?) they started sending her checks anyway. She neither wanted nor needed the money, so how does this make sense?

We are rapidly reaching (or are we already there?) the point where more people are drawing government checks than there are workers paying in. It's not a sustainable model - it is doomed to fail, the only question is when.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues