Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Transition Economics - Hope for the Economy?

I learned about this from Eric Garland (a musician and a business analyst - my kind of guy!) - he posted How To Get Beyond the Parasite Economy and mentioned an upcoming conference that will be working out ways to fix the US economy by focusing on small and local businesses.

It's common sense that huge corporations have helped kill our economy, but how to get out from under them is not so clear. That's what this conference is about. It's small, limited to 150 attendees, and I won't even try to attend, but I'm excited that people are starting to try to DO something.

An inspirational quote from the Transitional Economics website :
Quote:
No matter how much finance guys cook the books and pundits point to a soaring stock market, our current game plan of giving even more power and control to an ever shrinking handful of institutions isnít working. It wonít work. It canít work.

So what can you do instead? A bunch of brilliant, interesting people are meeting in St. Louis to discuss just that question. Transition Economics is a conference that invites industry leaders, concerned citizens, and everyone in between for an intellectual jam session to explore how to strengthen local economies and engage in sustainable growth as communities. It is an antidote to just being along for whatever ride the megabanks and politicians come up with.
I hope to see more stuff like this so I wanted to share. You can learn more at the Transitional Economics website here : http://www.transitioneconomics.net/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues