Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Exclamation The USA Is NOT A Democracy

Many of us have known this for a while, but there is now a scientific study to prove it.

If you are allergic to or offended by strong language or otherwise averse to having your normalcy bias shocked, then DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO.

[YT]hKE1k-KvqdA[/YT]

Some commentrary (not mine) on the study...
http://www.popularresistance.org/stu...t-a-democracy/
Quote:
Nonetheless, this is the first-ever scientific study of the question of whether the U.S. is a democracy. “Until recently it has not been possible to test these contrasting theoretical predictions [that U.S. policymaking operates as a democracy, versus as an oligarchy, versus as some mixture of the two] against each other within a single statistical model. This paper reports on an effort to do so, using a unique data set that includes measures of the key variables for 1,779 policy issues.” That’s an enormous number of policy-issues studied.
Quote:
What the authors are able to find, despite the deficiencies of the data, is important: the first-ever scientific analysis of whether the U.S. is a democracy, or is instead an oligarchy, or some combination of the two. The clear finding is that the U.S. is an oligarchy, no democratic country, at all. American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it’s pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation’s “news” media). The U.S., in other words, is basically similar to Russia or most other dubious “electoral” “democratic” countries. We weren’t formerly, but we clearly are now. Today, after this exhaustive analysis of the data, “the preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.” That’s it, in a nutshell.
And here's a link to the paper produced by the authors of the study.
http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gi...s%203-7-14.pdf

And just to be totally clear, this is not a knock at the US of A. The whole idea of countries is just another tool to divide us, anyway.
But Canada is travelling down the same road. We're just not as far along as the US is but we lost control of our government (assuming we actually ever had control) a long time ago.

Most of us know this. We feel it. We recognized ages ago that government doesn't serve our needs. They're not even listening to us.
They do whatever monied interests tell them to do and mostly at our expense. Now there's scientific proof of it.
This is the reason why it is perfectly legal to poison water if you're a big business and totally illegal to protest the poisoning of your drinking water if you're an individual.
Spelled out plainly... Our governments are working for the big businesses, and NOT for the people.

So... As Lee says... How much longer are we going to ignore the cancer that is killing us?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Latest Blog:
None

LOL I like this guy "... kinda like being on fire with a hint of water..." was one of my many favorite things he said.

Yes, it's an oligarchy... I used to complain about people calling it a democracy (because in it's strict definition, democracy is literally "mob rules", and we were supposed to have a democratic republic, which is a bit different...) - anyway, I quit complaining, because at this point, "mob rules" would be better than what we have.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Lee Camp is awesome! And he normally does a couple of these rants per week.
Very political but on target, if you ask me. He reminds me a bit of the later George Carlin. RIP.

I do believe that this is a very bitter pill for most to swallow. Most don't want to believe it.
Reminds me of the old saying. You may not take an interest in politics, but politics has taken an interest in you.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:01 AM
Latest Blog:
None

LOVE CARLIN!! 3 minute clip of one of his later rants (and one of my all-time favorites), relevant to this topic ** Warning : NSFW ** :

[YT]rsL6mKxtOlQ[/YT]

Old 04-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...other-insiders

Quote:
It’s one thing to read an academic study showing how cancerous the political system is, it’s quite another to hear a description of how things work from one of the biggest crony weapons of mass societal destruction himself, Mr. Larry Summers.
Quote:
After dinner, “Larry leaned back in his chair and offered me some advice,” Ms. Warren writes. “I had a choice. I could be an insider or I could be an outsider. Outsiders can say whatever they want. But people on the inside don’t listen to them. Insiders, however, get lots of access and a chance to push their ideas. People — powerful people — listen to what they have to say. But insiders also understand one unbreakable rule: They don’t criticize other insiders.
Quote:
What is so incredible about the quote above is that it essentially proves correct everything I and many others have been saying about how “things work” in America these days. The statements above describe a petty, childish oligarchy of arrogant fools. This small club of people call all the shots and do not listen to “outside” ideas whatsoever. This is why nothing changes. This is why the same people are recycled through positions of power over and over again no matter how badly they screw up and how many millions of lives they ruin. This is why there is a two-tiered justice system in which the rich and connected never go to jail, while the average citizen can have his home raided by police for a parody Twitter account. This is why the 0.01% have been able to loot all of the nation’s wealth while median inflation adjusted wages have been declining for 40 years.

The reason is because the “status quo” in America consists of a deranged, immoral, arrogant, selfish fraternity of inept children who protect each other at the expense of everyone and everything else. Until the status quo gets the boot, this nation will continue to decline. Forget reforms, the entire status quo needs to be tossed aside once and for all. The insiders must be turned into outsiders.
Amen!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Latest Blog:
None

great quotes - but I'm not buying that warren isn't an insider too

Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt View Post
great quotes - but I'm not buying that warren isn't an insider too
I think a case can be made that she straddles the fence.
I've seen her do things that an insider wouldn't do, like write about what an insider has said to her.
But, clearly, insiders (at least some of them) consider her an insider. That doesn't happen by accident.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues