Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-24-2014, 07:19 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Is Putin another Hitler as Prince Charles suggests

A member of the British Royal family seems to have suggested that Putin is acting in a way that can be likened to Hitler.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...er-comparison/

Dose his annexation of the Crimea remind you of Hitler and is it therefore a wrong path to appease in the way that British Prime Minister Chamberlaine tried with Hitler allowing limited annexation and believing that would control Hitler.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement

Certainly feels like that to Prince Charles if the reports are accurate.

Should a member of the Royal Family make any such statements anyway and was his statement right?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

He shouldn't have said what he did and it was a lapse of concentration from his part as he was having a private conversation and forgot that others were listening.

He should know better and realise that nothing is private when he speaks, though that said, it is his personal opinion and one that NATO I am sure are most pleased with as the west is trying to destabilise Russia.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I think the Uk and the world are going to have o get used to a monarch that is not a silent dummy, but has opinions and voices them. Quite right too.

The West are not trying to destabilise Russia, Russia is trying to expand in the way that Hitler did, and appeasement will result in the same results as with Hitler. Tin pot dictators that try to rule the world need to be stopped, Putin is seriously trying to expand Russia back to it's old boundaries and accepting the illegal vote from Crimea only underscores the lengths he will go to in order to achieve this object.

So, for me, Charles, for a change, got it right in both senses.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymously View Post
The West are not trying to destabilise Russia,
No? Well, what do you call it when the west pours billions of dollars into separatist groups in the Ukraine and helps them with their coup, toppling the democratically elected government? Is that not destabilization?

Quote:
Russia is trying to expand in the way that Hitler did, and appeasement will result in the same results as with Hitler.
You are parroting western propaganda. Instead of wandering through life aimlessly, only regurgitating ideas that your government has fed you, why not think about the situation critically for a moment.
Ask yourself. What EXACTLY has Putin done? Where has he invaded? He has allowed a region of the former Ukraine nation to join his country, ONLY AFTER they decided on their own to join Russia.
So, what evils is he truly guilty of?

Quote:
Tin pot dictators that try to rule the world need to be stopped,
So then why are we supporting them in Ukraine? Why did we gve them money to overthrow their government?
If we truly believe in democracy, then why did we circumvent it in Ukraine?

Quote:
Putin is seriously trying to expand Russia back to it's old boundaries and accepting the illegal vote from Crimea only underscores the lengths he will go to in order to achieve this object.
It's only deemed illegal by corrupt western governments and their allies.
The people who actually voted in that vote don't think it was illegal. They have a legitimate right to vote for their own future, even if you personally disagree with it. And just because western governments disagree with their vote and, therefore, call it an illegal vote, doesn't make it true.

If you want to know who's really acting like Hitler, it's western leaders, including price Charles' Cameron, who are acting like Hitler. Funding Nazi groups in Ukraine, just because they want Russia and Russians out of Ukraine and that happens to fit with what western leaders want. No. When we fund Nazi groups, it is the western leaders who more closely resemble Hitler, not Putin.
Putin has been calling for peace and calm and reason while western leaders only talk of sanctions and war and conflict escalation.

Wake up. See what's going on.

[YT]H4dJRnI-X8Q[/YT]

And if we don't see through the corporate media BS really soon and stop our governments, they will have us at war!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Based on history, I think the west's intentions are to limit the spread of things like communism. Both sides have an idea of what they believe the world needs. Anyway, the main post, Prince Charles should not have made that suggestion so publicly knowing that the story would spread and can cause tension between nations.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

The English monarchs are some of the very last people on earth who have room to criticize the acts of anybody else.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Contributing Member

I personally like Putin. He's got some spunk. If I had the option, I'd get out of America without delay. Call me crazy but its true.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think each nation has changed in recent years. There are international people who want to come to the United States and at the same time, there are citizens who are willing to give up their citizenship. Prince Charles have said some stuff but then again, Putin is not so innocent either.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 05-29-2014, 11:54 PM

I personally like Putin. He wanted Crimea without bloodshed. Its a pity that nobody understood him.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well prince Charles is a human being and entitled to see things in his way like all of us do but to my understanding the problem is not about annexation of Crimea or fighting in eastern Ukraine but the problem is between west and Russia in the end local people are the one suffering and dying.

In fact Putin and Hitler have many similarities ie.

To use firepower to intimidate with the aim of controlling other independent countries.
The desire to expand the territorial rule through dictatorship.
To use very wick reasons in order to stampede the sovereignty of other state like his on going reason to protect the Russian speaker in Ukraine, Yes they speak Russian language but Ukrainian nationals and it is Ukraine responsibility to protect them but not Russian.

Putin and Hitler might be having different causes of their actions but because they all chose brutality instead of peace put them in the same class.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:46 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

#Zap
Quote:
It's only deemed illegal by corrupt western governments and their allies.
The people who actually voted in that vote don't think it was illegal. They have a legitimate right to vote for their own future, even if you personally disagree with it. And just because western governments disagree with their vote and, therefore, call it an illegal vote, doesn't make it true.
So you could call a vote tomorrow in say Oregan to see if they wanted to be independent and if it commanded a majority it would be legal. Don't be silly, with statements like the ones you make above,

We are presently preparing for a referendum in Scotland, for the Scottish residents to vote if they want to be an independent country. The whome matter went through the ruling body od Parliament and was passed, and will belegal and binding when it happens later this year. But one out of the hat by a revolutionary set of upstarts who took over the country with arms and then called a referendum would be illegal.

Remember the appeasement of Hitler, no I don't guess you were even close to it, people said then that Hitler would not go further.....wait and watch Russia if that is what we chose to do.

Quote:
Putin has been calling for peace and calm and reason while western leaders only talk of sanctions and war and conflict escalation.
You forgot to add Putin said by his actions "when I achieve my first objectives, of annexing parts of the Ukraine".

Perhaps you should read some history too and read through The ‘Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances’. It is a diplomatic memorandum that was signed in December 1994 by Ukraine, Russia, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Under the memorandum, Ukraine promised to remove all Soviet-era nuclear weapons from its territory, send them to disarmament facilities in Russia, and sign the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. Ukraine kept these promises.

In return, Russia and the Western signatory countries essentially consecrated the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine as an independent state and
Quote:
they would refrain from making each other’s territory the object of military occupation or engage in other uses of force in violation of international law.

All sides agreed that no such occupation or acquisition will be recognized as legal and that the signatories would ‘consult in the event a situation arises which raises a question concerning these commitments
more exerts here http://www.cfr.org/arms-control-disa...es-1994/p32484

A little more bedtime reading for you here

http://www.venice.coe.int/webforms/d...282014%29012-e

Have you spent any time in Russia, Zap?

Samam, you got it spot on.

Prince Charles is entitled to call it like it is as much as anybody else, and he called it right.

Last edited by anonymously; 06-01-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Indeed, I have spent time in Russia, but that's irrelevant.
I am also a student of history. Also irrelevant.
Your opinion of Putin is also irrelevant. My opinion of Obama is also irrelevant.
You sit in Scotland. You have no business telling the people of Crimea what they should or should not have. Nor do I.
If you truly want peace, then get your nose out of their business and let them decide their own fate. Plain and simple.

Prince Charles is a human being. And as such, he enjoys the right to make himself look like an ass any time he sees fit. If he wants to liken Putin to Hitler, that's his perogative. If he wants to be Camilla's tampon, that's also his prerogative. I still remember him saying that. His statements amuse me, rather than move me, as they move you.
To each his own, I suppose.
Still doesn't give me or you the right to dictate how Crimeans should proceed. Get it?

Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

And you can liken Putin to Hitler all you want, and even make guesses about all the countries you think he's going to invade. But none of that has happened yet.
How about we wait until he actually commits crimes against humanity before condemning him for them?
Or is that just too old fashioned these days?

The people that died in the Odessa massacre, you know, the people who were forced into a building and then burned alive in that building, and when they tried to jump out the windows, they were shot by Ukrainian police? And the other ones who were shot or beaten to death while running out of the burning building... Those were Russian Ukrainians being massacred by the Ukrainian government forces and the Ukrainian speaking citizens.
You going to try and blame that on Putin?
NEWS FLASH... The people dying in Ukraine aren't being killed by Putin.
But keep comparing Putin to Hitler.
I'm sure your strategy will achieve peace any day now.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
And you can liken Putin to Hitler all you want, and even make guesses about all the countries you think he's going to invade. But none of that has happened yet.
How about we wait until he actually commits crimes against humanity before condemning him for them?
Or is that just too old fashioned these days?
That is just what was being said about Hitler when Chamberlain waved that famous piece of paper. Bit late when it has all happened.

Where do you read I sit in Scotland?

Guess what you are really saying is that the paper that the Russians signed is not worth the paper its signed on. Who would trust someone like that? Now come to think of it didn't Hitler sign one very similar and then go on and break what he had agreed to. You are the student of history, you tell us.

Prince Charles was definitely right saying it and what he said.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
That is just what was being said about Hitler when Chamberlain waved that famous piece of paper. Bit late when it has all happened.
What has happened? Exactly?
Quote:
Where do you read I sit in Scotland?
Quote:
We are presently preparing for a referendum in Scotland, for the Scottish residents to vote if they want to be an independent country.
Are you outside of Scotland, preparing for that referendum?
And if so, how are you preparing for a Scottish referendum OUTSIDE of Scotland? What preparations are required?

Quote:
Guess what you are really saying is that the paper that the Russians signed is not worth the paper its signed on. Who would trust someone like that? Now come to think of it didn't Hitler sign one very similar and then go on and break what he had agreed to. You are the student of history, you tell us.
My mind reading abilities just aren't what they used to be. What paper are you referring to? Let's start there.

Quote:
Prince Charles was definitely right saying it and what he said.
About being reincarnated as Camilla's tampon?
Do most Scots feel this way, or just you?

Like I said, each to his own. I think he's a psychopathic nutjob, but maybe I'm alone in that.
In my book, if you are dumb enough to wish to be reincarnated as someone's tampon, you don't have credibility anymore.
Perhaps Charles now wishes that Putin would become someone's tampon, or maybe get eaten by fire breathing monkeys or run head first into a unicorn. I don't know.
But I'm happy he doesn't have any actual power. He's a wanker.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Are you outside of Scotland, preparing for that referendum?
And if so, how are you preparing for a Scottish referendum OUTSIDE of Scotland? What preparations are required?
Unlike the Crimean referendum, the Scottish one has been passed by the official government for the UK through Parliament in London. So 'we' the UK citizens are preparing for a referendum in Scotland, out of which all the UK will be affected either by the breakup of the union or by it staying together. So whether everyone in the Uk has a vote or note, we need to prepare for it and for it's outcome.

Quote:
My mind reading abilities just aren't what they used to be. What paper are you referring to? Let's start there.
I thought that one was supposed to read a thread on here before posting in it. And I thought you were a student of history and would not need me to remind you that the Russians, as stated here in this thread, signed the Budapest Memorandum. This is what I posted earlier in the thread

Quote:
Perhaps you should read some history too and read through The ‘Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances’. It is a diplomatic memorandum that was signed in December 1994 by Ukraine, Russia, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Under the memorandum, Ukraine promised to remove all Soviet-era nuclear weapons from its territory, send them to disarmament facilities in Russia, and sign the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. Ukraine kept these promises.

In return, Russia and the Western signatory countries essentially consecrated the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine as an independent state and
Quote:
they would refrain from making each other’s territory the object of military occupation or engage in other uses of force in violation of international law.

All sides agreed that no such occupation or acquisition will be recognized as legal and that the signatories would ‘consult in the event a situation arises which raises a question concerning these commitments
more exerts here http://www.cfr.org/arms-control-disa...es-1994/p32484
And if you were referring to a piece of paper that Hitler signed and he later ignored anything he had agreed to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement.

Appeasement of dictators in illegal annexation of territory never stops their demand for more. Prince Charles drew the parallels rightly, perhaps he had read his history.

Last edited by anonymously; 06-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Please note that I meant absolutely no offensive or howsoever to anyone who resides in the lovely Russia because it is none of the residents in Russia fault but in my eyes Putin is absolutely becoming the alike of Hitler.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Unlike the Crimean referendum, the Scottish one has been passed by the official government for the UK through Parliament in London. So 'we' the UK citizens are preparing for a referendum in Scotland, out of which all the UK will be affected either by the breakup of the union or by it staying together. So whether everyone in the Uk has a vote or note, we need to prepare for it and for it's outcome.
I'll ask again. Prepare for it, how?

Quote:
I thought that one was supposed to read a thread on here before posting in it.
One is. Do you have something to add to your thinly veiled, incomplete accusation?
Again, not the only paper in existence and I am not a mind reader.

On the Budapest Memorandum, a good case could be made that the US and their hand picked illegal government broke that agreement first.
Or do you not consider funding a coup and toppling an ejected government interference?

Quote:
Appeasement of dictators in illegal annexation of territory never stops their demand for more. Prince Charles drew the parallels rightly, perhaps he had read his history.
Prince Charles is a wanker, a twit, an idiot. Already established by his own behaviour.
And you keep trying to dodge my question, so I will ask it one more time...
What, specifically, has Putin done? You keep talking about some insatiable thirst for invading countries that he has which is just you, spouting utter nonsense, a forte of yours, I see.
How, exactly, is Putin acting like Hitler?
Is he mass murdering people like the Ukrainian government is currently doing?
Is he invading countries? (Hint: It doesn't count as invasion when Crimea votes, yes VOTES, to join your nation). So what countries has he invaded? Does he ave as chambers and concentration camps hidden away somewhere?

You say he's acting like Hitler. Prove it. Don't simply repeat it. Prove it.
Until then, maybe pull yourself away from worshipping Prince Chuck the magical tampon and work on your independent thinking abilities.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

After reading through all this thread and weighing up all the points, I have to say one thing....

I really don't like the sound of those fire breathing monkeys"

Old 06-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I really don't like the sound of those fire breathing monkeys"
They're not so bad if you raise them right.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread