Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Eric Holder Creates America's Own Stasi

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...tic-terrorists

Quote:
This whole charade shouldn’t be called “The War on Terror.” It is actually all about keeping the citizenry terrified. The government loves keeping you in a state of fear so that then they can do anything they want to the little sheep. It should be called “The War on Freedom.” Your freedom.
If you guys don't get control of your government soon...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Zap, I imagine that a few people will probably think that you are just scaremongering here, but we had a documentary on BBC in the UK on this exact thing about 9 years ago, it was called "FEAR - The Power Of Nightmares" and it showed how the US government set up departments to do just this in the late 60's.

This has been going for a long time in the US, it is just being refined so that it works better.

Btw, I am not picking on the US here as the UK government is also running the same tactics.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Zap, I imagine that a few people will probably think that you are just scaremongering here, but we had a documentary on BBC in the UK on this exact thing about 9 years ago, it was called "FEAR - The Power Of Nightmares" and it showed how the US government set up departments to do just this in the late 60's.

This has been going for a long time in the US, it is just being refined so that it works better.

Btw, I am not picking on the US here as the UK government is also running the same tactics.
We're doing the same here, Dude, albeit a lot slower, but we're still headed in the same direction.
Our PM is currently working on appointing a guy, whose track record has proven him to be heavily in favour of spying on all citizens, to be the nation's Privacy Commissioner.
His job will be to oversee that our privacy isn't violated.
It's no different than appointing a media lobbyist to head the FCC or a Monsanto exec to the FDA. Sound familiar?
These guys all read from the same playbook.

The reason I am serious about stuff like this is because of what happened in Germany in the 1930s.
People there also thought "It can't happen here" but it did.
And all signs currently point to the same things happening here now.
Same playbook, all over again.

This latest move is particularly troubling because (in conjunction with the unchecked NSA spying) it sets a very dangerous playing field for citizens of the US. With the broad definitions that they are using, they can pretty much label anyone a "domestic terrorist" and do away with their rights and now that this new group will be formed by Eric Holder, they will increasingly be looking inwards at their own citizens for enemies.
That's not the behaviour of a free state. It's the behaviour of a paranoid, dangerous one.
Some say it's scaremongering. I imagine a few people in Germany were probably slapped with the same label. So be it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues