Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

US Ruling Anti (Government) Trust Campaign

Within EU countries, it is illegal for US government to spy on any data within European computer data-centers but the US has just ruled that they SHOULD have access to this.

This is going to be one heck of a ride if the European Union decide to fight this out against the US in court.

Article Here..

Quote:
EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding, charged with protecting the data protection and privacy rights of more than 500 million Europeans, went nuclear at her American counterparts when the PRISM scandal broke. And for good reasons. She wasn't naive to think that friends don't spy on each other, but the scope in which the US was snooping on her fellow countrymen was far beyond anyone's expectations.

Reding said in the wake of the Snowden scandal that the US government must use the official MLAT channels if they want data in Europe.

But now, thanks to Preska's latest ruling, the US government has yet another legal backup line to use in order to grab what it wants, when it wants it.
This will be interesting as we in Europe have different laws than the US on data privacy and now the US is trying to FORCE its data laws on Europe.

Isn't the US already sticking its nose in enough affairs around the World? Does it really want to start p!%%ing the EU off also?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Your Homeland Security file was created a few moments after you made this post above. Expect the black helicopters to fly over in about 30 minutes. I've found them to be fairly harmless. They do like to play with those lasers pointers. I keep seeing round red dots all around me.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Your Homeland Security file was created a few moments after you made this post above. Expect the black helicopters to fly over in about 30 minutes. I've found them to be fairly harmless. They do like to play with those lasers pointers. I keep seeing round red dots all around me.
That would explain why I look like I have the measles.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues