Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM

Same things happens in EU with gaming companies who seek an office in malta as they save millions from taxation.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

So you think it is okay to utilize the resources of the host company, fire, police, roads defense and all the other citizen perks while paying no taxes?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Businesses don't pay sales tax except on a few consumable items. They collect it from customers.

Most roads, police and fire protection are not paid from real or personal property taxes.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'm in Kentucky so I don't know the rule rules in Oklahoma.

Here businesses do not pay sales tax on anything bought for resale. Sales tax is paid by the final consumer of the item. Restaurants do not pay sales tax on the goods they bring in to prepare and sell. No business pays sales tax except for consumable items used and consumed within the business.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:02 AM

Government should reduce the tax rate to attract more companies

Old 01-19-2016, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

From a business point of view, yes, it is the logical way to go, but as you said, from an ethical point of view this things are sh*t. They should pay taxes where they have been established, not just move around from country to country in order to avoid taxes.
Poor companies...are they over taxed? I just saw the other day that the first 30 persons on the globe have more money than 3.5 billion people...poor them...let`s help them pay less taxes, while they continue to offer minimum wage.
How about Lukoil Romania not paying any taxes in Romania because they have bought overpriced petrol from Lukoil Russia and at the end of the year they don`t have a profit, they even register with loses?
We are working as slaves for little money while other prosper. Do you think the situation is bad in the US? You should see Eastern Europe...

Old 01-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i approve of that, maybe the taxation is to high

Old 01-28-2016, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I don't know about the rest of you, but I pay an accountant to ensure I pay as little taxes as possible.
Taxation is theft and I'm willing to pay money to someone who's job it is to see that I have less money stolen from me.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:28 PM

Stop being afraid of progress!

If a company moves out of the country to avoid taxes that is not necessarily a bad thing. It means they are adapting to their environment. Business is about adaption. Every business is competing to survive and thrive just like life in general. So let them adapt naturally. All this means is that taxes are too high in the US. So we need to adapt as well and lower taxes instead of trying to control other entities. Trying to control these companies is what slows down progress.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

While I am not a big fan of big business moving overseas or setting up a multitude of tax havens, I am even more of "not a big fan" of all the lobbying and loopholes put into the tax code for those who choose to stay. Big business pays much less tax percentage wise than small businesses do... I pay 40% while Google often has an effective tax rate of less than 10%... The problem is not the businesses, though - it is the convoluted tax code...

Just my 2 cents...

cRaZy Low pricing on Custom Silicone Bracelets - Wholesale Rubber Wristbands such as Hotel Pool Pass Wristbands and Save the Veins Bracelets...!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:26 PM
v7n Mentor

GE

Not really any more needs to be said, and they didn't move out of the U.S. to do it either.

Yeah taxation is not cool in my opinion, not owning your own land is stupid etc etc...

I think getting rid of the tax system and putting in a straight tax.

Companies you forget (Corporations) are actually owned by the share holders. True many of those share holders own a hell of a lot more of it than others but the simple base is that CEO's etc have a job to do what is in the best interest of the share holders...that is how it is supposed to work any how. So if the best interest leads to going over seas because the taxation, wages, unions and ever other restraint here is causing a massive loss as apposed to being someplace else then that is part of their job to pursue for the interest of the company and the share holder.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

Its a buisness decision that is taken by the companies to save some money from taxes and also to generate some of the jobs from the money saved from the taxes , which will help the people all over the world

Old 02-21-2016, 06:11 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubhav-soin View Post
Its a buisness decision that is taken by the companies to save some money from taxes and also to generate some of the jobs from the money saved from the taxes , which will help the people all over the world
Bottom line

Remember, it's always about the bottom line. Like I said, the upper management gets rewarded, and it actually is their jobs to increase the bottom line so that the company is more profitable and the share holders (owners) benefit more. It really does come down to that. Everyone whether they are just citizens or they are Senators and Congressmen that look down on Corporations or decide to make things more difficult for them cause the need for other types of actions...like move to other countries that are more Corporate friendly....Auto Industry is a perfect example. A greedy unyielding Union made it impossible to continue. Some may disagree and poor management also contributed but when you have deals that increase your labor expenses exponentially then you have vehicles that cost $70 thousand dollars and a field of buyers that can't afford them, an expense to stay in business that doesn't allow you to compete on a World market opposed to the old protected national market that no longer exists...

Old 02-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Cool The Bottom Line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
Bottom line

Remember, it's always about the bottom line.
TechWizard, Thank you for your very informative and intelligent reply, with which, by the way, I just happen to agree...!!! LOL...

Our tax system is so ridiculously convoluted and, in and of itself, costs a boatload of tax dollars to administer. I, too, am a big fan of a straight tax or even a consumption/sales tax. It'll never happen, though, with our power-hungry and divided 2-party system...

As far as companies go... They must do what they can within the law to maximize profits for the shareholders... As you said, "Remember, it's always about the bottom line." Indeed, it is...

cRaZy Low pricing on Custom Silicone Bracelets - Wholesale Rubber Wristbands such as Hotel Pool Pass Wristbands and Save the Veins Bracelets...!!!

Old 03-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I honestly think that if the United States has a problem with it they should rework their tax structure so there is more incentive for a company to keep their business in the US

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues