Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-14-2014, 02:56 PM

Shocking Data Regarding the US Economy

Throughout the past decade, many alarming things have occurred. Take a look at this list of compiled data, gathered by Stefan Molyneux, host of Freedomain Raido, to get an idea of the current economic situation in the US:

∑ Real inflation rate is estimated at 10% per year. If this continues, all money in savings will be worth half its current value in 7 years.
∑ What you could buy for $20 in 1970 now costs $166.
∑ 41% of adults are unemployed.
∑ 25% are working at jobs that pay poverty level wages.
∑ 53% of Americans with a bachelor degree under 25 years old are unemployed
∑ One of every 4 workers (25%) makes less than $10 per hour
∑ 77% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
∑ 43% of Americans have less than $10,000 in savings.
∑ 40% of Americans have less than $500 in savings.
∑ 28% of Americans have absolutely no savings.
∑ Around 100 million (32%) Americans are considered poor.
∑ 1 out of every 6 Americans is on food stamps.
∑ 1 out of every 4 children is on food stamps.
∑ 57% of all American children live in low income homes.
∑ 49% of households receive some sort of government financial assistance.
∑ Only 5% of US households have earned additional income to match the rise in housing costs since 1975.
∑ 33% of Americans do not pay their bills on time.
∑ 43% of American families spend more than they earn every year.
∑ The US has the highest percentage of low wage workers compared to all other industrialized nations.
∑ In 2000, 20% of all jobs were manufacturing jobs. Currently, less than 5% of all jobs are manufacturing jobs.
∑ The US has lost 50,000 jobs to China every year since they joined the World Trade Organization in 2001. That is nearly 8 million jobs to date.
∑ Over 56,000 manufacturing facilities have been closed down since 2001.
∑ 83% of all stocks are owned by 1% of Americans.
∑ The stock market is currently overvalued by around 50%, which is unsustainable.
∑ 50% of employed Americans own less than 1% of the US wealth.
∑ The wealthiest 1% of Americans own more wealth than the bottom 95% of all Americans combined
∑ For the first time in US history, the banks own more housing net worth than all individual Americans combined.
∑ In the past 5 years, the US government has accumulated more debt than it did from 1797 to 1993.
∑ In the first day of 2013, the national debt jumped more it did from 1776 to 1941 combined.
∑ If Bill Gates gave his entire fortune to the national debt, it would be right back where it currently is in 15 days.
∑ The national debt is currently increasing by 150 million dollars every hour due to interest owed.
∑ The national debt is equal to $360,000 per US citizen.
∑ Since 2009, the government has been spending 11 dollars for every 7 dollars in total revenue it brings in.
∑ The US economy today mirrors the situation immediately prior to the great depression of the 1930ís.

You can watch the 1 hour YouTube video, which has all of this data plus much more. The title of the video is "American Economic Collapse, martial law"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Youtube is riddled with those videos.

Back in 2008 it was riddled with videos that predicted economic collapse and martial law sometime in 2008 or 2009.

In 2009 it was riddled with videos that predicted economic collapse and martial law sometime in 2009 or 2010.

In 2010 it was riddled with videos that predicted economic collapse and martial law sometime in 2010 or 2011.

In 2015 it will be riddled with videos that predict economic collapse and martial law sometime in 2015 or 2016.

Most of it is just affiliate marketing designed to create fear and convince the sheeple that they need to buy gold/silver/freeze dried food/ammo etc and conveniently provides a link to the "best" place to buy that stuff.

Nobody knows when the house of cards is going to collapse, but in the meantime some people are gonna make some $$$ convincing Americans that it is going to happen any day now.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Steven3,
You have a very interesting perspective on this subject. It actually kind of shocked me because You used a similar statement to one that I typically use when I try to open people's eyes to what is going on in the US.
"Sheeple" is actually my favorite word. When it first came out, it was used to describe people who blindly follow the directions of government officials and the media. It is intriguing to see someone use it in a way that goes against it's original meaning.
I do agree with you that there are many You Tube videos that use the technique you mentioned to market their products, but this is not the case for all. There are many intellectual people who have a firm understanding economics and a vast knowledge of history. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who turn viewers off due to their ignorance on the topic they are discussing.
Just because you have had some negative experiences with You Tube videos on this subject, please try to keep an open mind and do not immediately discount data simply because of its nature. Do your own research to check up on "facts" that people provide. I do this constantly. Most, as you would suggest, are in fact false; but some, on the other hand are accurate. As for this list of data, I have checked all of the numbers and it is all accurate.
I am an extremely skeptical person who questions everything I hear. I do my own research when I am presented data and I form my own conclusions. Based on the research I have done over the years, it is very clear to me that the US and the EU are headed for an economic disaster, which will severely impact the rest of the world. The US dollar will soon loose its place as the world reserve currency and the dominoes will proceed to fall from there.
I hope that you consider what I have written. I am not trying to sell you anything, nor am I one of the sheeple. If you do not prepare for what is headed our way, it could lead to personal financial ruin. Conversely, if you do start protecting yourself now by acquiring silver and ammunition, you may be able to capitalize on an economic crash.
PS... Ammunition should be acquired as an investment, not for protection. The price of ammo has sharply increased as its availability has been reduced over the years. If ammunition manufacturing companies become government owned through the bids that the US government has already placed, the price of ammo will skyrocket. The government may not be able to make the second amendment void, but they sure can take over all of the ammunition manufacturing facilities and charge more than what people can afford.

FACT: More millionaires were made during the Great Depression than at any other time in history. This was accomplished by people who hedged what money they had against fiat currency and bet everything they could against the stock market.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:06 AM

THE TRUTH

that is some scary stats!!

60% of stats are 60% true most of the time lol

Old 09-29-2014, 01:52 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

But anyway usa sales in Internet are best.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues