Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive'

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...-us/ar-BBgBgna

Quote:
A 19-year-old woman was burned alive in the US after being beaten and having lighter fluid poured down her throat.

A murder investigation has been launched in Panola County, Mississippi, after Jessica Chambers’ death on Saturday. Her family said she used her last words to describe her killer to paramedics.

Firefighters called to her burning car in Courtland found her walking down the road on fire, her father said, and she died of severe burns later in hospital.

“They squirted lighter fluid down her throat and in her nose, and apparently they knocked her out,” Ben Chambers told television station WDBD-TV. “She had a big gash on top of her head.

“When the fire department got there, she was walking down the road on fire ... only part of her body that wasn't burned was the bottom of her feet.”
Why would anyone want to do this to such a beautiful young woman?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Why would anyone want to to that to anyone?

It is crimes like this that keep me believing in the death penalty. If we could just hang them the next day after conviction, it might make a difference.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Why would anyone want to to that to anyone?

It is crimes like this that keep me believing in the death penalty. If we could just hang them the next day after conviction, it might make a difference.
It's a good thing that Mississippi has the death penalty then. Hopefully whenever they catch this person(s) they'll give it to him/her/them.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Dying is too good for anyone that can do that. Couldn't think of a punishment befitting enough.

I would rather people like that be forced to work hard in a special prison where they will work with little rations until they collapsed of exhaustion.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Dying is too good for anyone that can do that. Couldn't think of a punishment befitting enough.

I would rather people like that be forced to work hard in a special prison where they will work with little rations until they collapsed of exhaustion.
Oh, I quite agree. Unfortunately our Liberal courts have redefine "cruel and unusual" to something along the lines of "kind and gentle". So we can kill em or support them for life.

Heck after 40 years or so we even let some of them (Charlie Manson) marry a younger skull full of mush.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post

The problem is that if we do that, we stoop down to their level and we become no better than them.

I say just find them, catch them and give them a speed ticket to the chair or table...depending on whether Mississippi uses the electric chair or the lethal injection table.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hun...ive/ar-BBgMe6o

Quote:
BATESVILLE, Miss. (AP) — About 400 mourners packed a chapel in Mississippi on Saturday to say goodbye to a 19-year-old woman who was burned alive, among them classmates who used permanent markers to write heartfelt messages on her white metal coffin.
RIP Jessica. :'(

Old 12-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

What a shocking story. You think you have heard it all but then tomorrow comes. I really just wish for peace and compassion to her family as retribution should not be the focus at this time.
RIP Jessica

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues