Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
jg_v7n's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-26-04
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
An Inconvenient Truth

Anyone seen Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth"?

I hear that its good...???
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
JuggoPop's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
never heard of it.

though I just went to moviepooper and so now I know how it ends.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-30-04
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Didn't hear about it until I watched the South Park parody (of sorts).
 
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:18 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
The global-warming hypothesis, however, is no longer tenable. Scientists have been able to test it carefully, and it does not hold up. During the past 50 years, as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have risen, scientists have made precise measurements of atmospheric temperature. These measurements have definitively shown that major atmospheric greenhouse warming of the atmosphere is not occurring and is unlikely ever to occur.
Global Warming is a political agenda, not science.

http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Heather's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%
*cough* pleasemovetopoliticalforumbeforeferregetshere *cough*




 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Moved to Political Forum.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Heather's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thanks, schmoopy!



*running the hell out of here....*
 
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Julie's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott
Global Warming is a political agenda, not science.

http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm
Why has the Arctic ice then disappeared by 14%? (The size of Texas) in the past 2 years.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Buskerdoo's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-16-03
Location: USA
Posts: 819
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
Why has the Arctic ice then disappeared by 14%? (The size of Texas) in the past 2 years.
Common belief but not correct. Only a small, I think 2% area, is actually lossing mass. The other 98% is either the same or getting thicker.
__________________
Great CD/DVD Sleeves, Mailers, Inserts, Labels, and More - Buskerdoo.com
Alabama SEO | PPC Management Services.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Julie's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Pardon my wording...it is "perrenial ice" in the Arctic Ice..the ice that is supposed to remain ice all year round. That has reduced by 14%, where as in previous years the shrinkage was only .7%. The total ice shrinkage is 6%.

NASA put out results from a recent study and observations last week.... I read about it in the paper.

Ice is certainly not getting any thicker. At least that is not what the scientists are reporting.

Edit: BTW, I've not seen the film...though I will when it comes out on DVD.

Last edited by Julie; 09-19-2006 at 06:41 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:43 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
Why has the Arctic ice then disappeared by 14%? (The size of Texas) in the past 2 years.

My guess is, either it's melting, or Russians are stealing it use in their alcoholic beverages.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Julie's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Nice answer.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
What about those gaps in the ozon layer, also political agenda?
 
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:13 AM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskerdoo
Common belief but not correct. Only a small, I think 2% area, is actually lossing mass. The other 98% is either the same or getting thicker.



source.
or another one
__________________
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion."
 
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Beautiful picture, makes me want to go boating.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:43 AM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott
Beautiful picture, makes me want to go boating.
The problem is the inuit prefer snowboarding
__________________
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion."
 
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
If they want ice they can move north. Ice melts, it has been melting for centuries and will continue to melt.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
What about those gaps in the ozon layer, also political agenda?
I haven't seen any.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Julie's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Have you seen all the people running around with skin cancer?
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is truth relative? John Scott Controversial Social Issues 239 02-13-2008 09:51 AM
An Inconvenient Truth pctec Controversial Social Issues 4 01-28-2007 08:38 AM
Truth be told... Brian Forum Lobby 59 04-02-2004 12:54 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.