Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-26-2014, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Are people generally happier in this era than from past? what does the future happine

Does a simple mind lead to a simple happiness?

In an era when people consume so much information does it make us less satisfied with answers?
Does it therefore make it harder for people to reach their happiness?

If that is so what happens in the future with more information being thrown at us......or should I say the people of the future growing up from birth with it?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well i think it's a very interesting topic H:p

Old 01-26-2015, 08:01 AM

I believe people in the past are generally happier. I'd rather say life today is very stressful.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

Nope...I lived in the past...70 years ago and was happy.....
I am happy now.....70 years later.....

Simple minds post simple comments.....(ouch)...

Times change...people should try to keep up........or not...

Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member

I think life today is really frustrating & stressful ...& the way its moving i have every reason to believe things are gonna get worst .

I wish i was born during neanderthal age . I would have survived that then easily instead of this life .

Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Maybe it's the grass is greener scenario which plays its part in your feelings. I reckon personally the 1950s just after the war in the U.S. would have been amazing.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I agree with the grass in greener scenario. I am perfectly happy with everything in life, all a matter of perspective.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Nope...I lived in the past...70 years ago and was happy.....
I am happy now.....70 years later.....

Simple minds post simple comments.....(ouch)...

Times change...people should try to keep up........or not...
I am not doubting anyone's happiness at all but as a whole in society there does however hold a cloud of uncertainty of the future. Access to bad news is everywhere. We definitely live in an age of confusion.

Its not about people keeping up though it's more about being in a over flooded market of information where it cheapens the whole user experience of life.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

I bet people were more happy back then than this new generation. We're all about the apps and techs today. Before, it's all about going out and hanging out with friends, families, or relatives. It's more of satisfying sharing moments with the people you care about than just settle indoors with your phone, laptops, or desktops.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

For most of us, the world is becoming a better place. We have less challenging issues such as World Wars (1 +2), disease etc. Therefore we have more times to do silly things like play video games and look at our i Phones.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I guess it's the values of life.
Confronting issues and getting out of the comfort zone do lead to a greater sense of achievement and therefore lead to a greater sense of happiness.
Personally, I think the tech lifestyle just makes us numb from the world. [removed]
I'm just overloaded with information and going numb.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 02-21-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSTANTPROXIES View Post
I believe people in the past are generally happier. I'd rather say life today is very stressful.
I agree with you. life today is very stressful. Technology has made our life stressful.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

People should be happier. Very few are hungry. Disease is not rampant. Medicine has beat most things. They still have teeth after 40.

But the sad truth is they are so darned busy trying to buy all the toys, gadgets, latest fashions and phones, that the make themselves miserable and create completely unnecessary stress. They are always trying to live a notch or two above their means while true happiness comes from living as little as one notch below your means.

In the US our poorest citizens consume in a month what would keep many in the third world happy for a whole year.

Bet you are sorry you asked my opinion.

Let me close with, Mark Twain said it best, " Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be".

Old 02-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Technology made our lives easier, but communication between people is poor. I don't even see my friends in person any more, we only chat through our social media accounts. We send each other virtual coffee and virtual gifts, eye to eye contact and conversion become rarity.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There is a theory that once a species becomes so smart it essentially eats itself. I think we are heading down that path.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony View Post
Technology made our lives easier, but communication between people is poor. I don't even see my friends in person any more, we only chat through our social media accounts. We send each other virtual coffee and virtual gifts, eye to eye contact and conversion become rarity.
So does this make you happy ? Essentially you still have communication with people and I guess in the older times people just moved on and had no interaction at all as lives got busier.

i believe that these times we live in are confusing and confronting which can make us treasure what we have but fearful to for what we can lose. There is so much brain numbing jargon in the world which sometimes make me overload.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Actually, I don't like chatting with a friend who lives next door through social networks. If he can't come over for a coffee, he is not much of a friend

Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Eventually though he won't be a neighbour or lives will get hectic with work and kids and not to mention partners are a great one for disrupting friendships

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread