Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-22-2006, 07:42 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

BTW, at the moment there is a battle going on about who will be voted into the UN security counsil.

The US is seeking to block Venezuela's bid for a seat and is backing Guatemala instead. Fact is that Venezuela gets a whole lot more support from all over the world than Guatemala.

Countries that support Venezuela instead of the US puppet Guatamala are, amongst others, China, Russia and most European countries.

Of course the US don't like that but who cares, the US are the ones who got kicked out the International Human rights counsil not long ago and have lost most of their credibility in the world.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Individualist

Quote:
In response, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, an ardent critic of President Bush, called Chavez an "everyday thug" and not the "modern day Simon Bolivar" that he "fancies himself to be". "Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela." [5] United States Representative Charles Rangel (D) also said in a press release that..... "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us" .[6] Iowa Senator Tom Harkin (D) said that Chávez's comments were "incendiary." [7] President Bill Clinton was more muted in his criticism, calling the "personal demonization" a "mistake" that only hurt Chavez and his country
Now that is intelligence at work. Just because a thug criticizes somebody you don't like, you aren't required to throw out all intelligence and fall down and worship the jackass.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:47 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

In some views all a person needs to gain approval is a negetive relationship with America. Kind of puts the rest of the talk into perspective doesn't it?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by South
In some views all a person needs to gain approval is a negetive relationship with America. Kind of puts the rest of the talk into perspective doesn't it?

Yep. ****, I could kill babies and beat the crap out of old people, but if I call Bush a demon all of the sudden I'm a god-like hero, worthy of worship.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:52 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott
Wikipedia must be damn liars.
Well, they managed to transform the article about my own ministry into something that gives a total false idea and even contains misinformation, I gave up a long time ago to correct that because it always gets edited again by people who feel they know more about it than the founders so to be honest I don't give wiki much credit of being an accurate source anymore. I know how information on there can be transformed into a load of crap first hand. I also know that the US government has a paid staff to edit wikipedia, they've been cought redhanded doing that and wiki even blocked US gov. IPs for a while, untill they gave in to pressure to let them in again.

On political issues I do not trust wiki to be neutral informative, knowing how many people are on there with an agenda.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Super Trooper
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Yep. ****, I could kill babies and beat the crap out of old people, but if I call Bush a demon all of the sudden I'm a god-like hero, worthy of worship.
I tried that once and the democraps only gave me a brand new mercedes.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I think Chavez is screwing up his own agenda, and the agenda of those who generally agree with him and oppose Bush, but shy away from Chavez because few, who want to be taken seriously, will associate themselves with someone who doesn't apper to be serious.

His speeches are kinda like: Bush is a maniac, and I am a maniac too. But I am a better maniac so stick with me. Pitty really.

But then, it does take a mix of guts and craziness to be so openly critical of a super power's leader.

His UN show (can't honestly call it a speech) was only comparable to Khrushchev's shoe tirade, and in this case the form killed the message.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Among them, a controversial programme of land reform launched by Mr Chavez that allows the state to seize underused ranches without compensation.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3517106.stm

Such a heroic figure. Maybe he could take your land, too, and save you from taxes.
Quote:
Mr Chavez first came to prominence as a leader of a failed coup in 1992.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:00 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

He might have attempet a failed coup in 1992 but that doesn't change the fact that he is a democratically elected president today.
That doesn't change the fact that the CIA attempted a coup against him after he was elected also.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Individualist

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that the CIA attempted a coup against him after he was elected also.
LOL

Not true at all. But they should, he's a commie dictator wanna be.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Eistein was credible. And in this world, credibility matters a whole lot. In fact, credibility of the person speaking has a lot more to do with the impact of words than the actual words themselves.
Lets see if we can apply this to Bush?.......

Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Chavez is my new hero

- MENJ

Old 10-05-2006, 05:56 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by menj
Chavez is my new hero

- MENJ
Thanks for the heads up on your character. Good to know.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Arrow

I actually rather enjoyed his UN speech. I think Chavez is being demonised in the western press, which is always busy exploring the flaws of other governments.

The book he recommended by Noam Chomsky (failed states) is highly commendable and has been on the top sales list on amazon for a while following the speech.

The crimes against humanity committed by the alliance for peace and freedom in iraq are not criticised, instead the media focus on tactical discussion.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Viva Hugo Chavez!

Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaboy
Viva Hugo Chavez!
We don't have to take that from a raccoon with freakishly large testicles.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues