Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Trial to seek role of online bullying in teen girl's suicide

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ide/ar-AAaiFsN

Quote:
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) A 15-year-old girl hanged herself a week after three classmates photographed themselves sexually assaulting her at a 2012 party, petrified the boys would circulate the photos online and believing gossip about her was spreading widely.

Audrie Pott's story has captivated those concerned with teen bullying, which appears to be on the rise with the help of smartphones and social media but rarely ends in suicide.

A wrongful death trial this month in San Jose will determine whether bullying played a role in the girl's suicide. Lawyers are scheduled to argue Wednesday over what evidence the jury will hear, while opening statements are expected to start next week.

The three boys, now high school seniors, and other teens are expected to deliver uncomfortable and emotional testimony about the party where Audrie was sexually assaulted after passing out drunk and other events leading up to her death. They will describe life in an affluent suburb of privilege, divorce and their attachment to smartphones and social media.
Please take a moment to read the article and post your thoughts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Just disgusting the way people treat each other these days. Kids are as mean and spoiled as they come. No respect. Result of not spanking in my opinion. Not to say that's the most effective method however it is the easiest to implement and gets decent results.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Just disgusting the way people treat each other these days. Kids are as mean and spoiled as they come. No respect. Result of not spanking in my opinion. Not to say that's the most effective method however it is the easiest to implement and gets decent results.
What needs to be taught is how to stand up to bullies in the first place. I was never hit or spanked as a kid and was bullied a lot, but the second I stood up to them they left me alone for good.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues