Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-05-2015, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...cial-airliners

Quote:
With the Pentagon now set to deploy US ground troops to Syria (and indeed they may already be there, operating near Latakia no less), Washington is reportedly bolstering the supply lines to “moderate” anti-regime forces at the urging of (guess who) the Saudis and Erdogan.

Incredibly, some of the weapons being passed out may be shoulder-fire man-portable air-defense systems, or Manpads, capable of hitting civilian aircraft.

But don’t worry, those will only be given to “select rebels.”
Just after ISIS claims responsibility for downing a Russian airliner and killing 25 children and approximately 200 adults (all innocent), the US is ready to arm terrorists with shoulder fired missiles that are capable of shooting down commercial airliners.

What could possibly go wrong?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 03:35 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I wonder sometimes if we could get Putin to defect and run for president of the United States.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Individualist

We have no business there. The West has its own problems. You' think that at some point Western leaders would learn that "helping out" in not Western societies is seen as, and responded to as, cultural imperialism.

Let the Middle East deal with their own problems.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:04 PM
The Controversial Coder
Latest Blog:
None

Has there been a time where the West has actively helped these countries by arming 'freedom fighters' where it hasn't come back to haunt them? The Taliban and Osama Bin Laden was armed by the West and then he was the most wanted man in the world.

Something similar happened in Libya if I recall, and the West certainly made one hell of a mess in Iran.

I don't see what it would achieve, but obviously I have no real knowledge of the situation.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread