Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Terrorist attacks in Paris

Terrorist attacks in Paris

This thread is for discussion of the just happening attacks in Paris where over 60 people are confirmed dead.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2015, 10:55 AM

What a tragedy! Evil keeps escalating from my point of views. My question where and what is it leading to?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

While it is certainly sad that so many innocent people died (129 dead and over 400 injured), if we really want actions like this to stop, we have to look at the root causes.

It may not be the popular thing to do, but we're going to have to acknowledge that ISIS was created and funded by the US administration. McCain proudly posed for a photo op with ISIS members a while ago. Google it. That photo is all over the internet.
While it can't be proven today that the US has direct control over ISIS, it certainly set the fire which became ISIS, and now rages. All of us bear responsibility for allowing our leaders to do this (and a lot of other things they're doing in the Middle East).

Additionally, there is the concept of blowback. That is the idea that these attacks did NOT come from out of nowhere, but are in fact, retribution for our previous actions. There is no excuse for killing innocent people, but this attack on Paris did NOT happen in a vacuum. We have been killing innocent people all over the Middle East by the hundreds of thousands for years with bullets and bombs. It should not surprise us that some bullets and bombs were aimed back at us (the West). Violence begets violence.

And it's also of worthy note that there was also a terrorist attack in Beirut (over 40 dead) the day before Paris and not a peep from the main stream media. And this is part of the problem. We have the media treating muslim victims of terrorism differently than western victims of terrorism. As long as we continue to segregate (or allow our media to do it for us) victims of terror into two separate classes, the problem will continue.

If humanity is to heal, we have to stop our own governments from funding and supporting terrorists in the Middle East and withdraw all of our military from the Middle East. We have no business being there. We also need to stop treating victims of terror world wide differently, based on where the victim was born or their religion.

By definition, classifying humans and treating them differently is not going to bring us together.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
While it is certainly sad that so many innocent people died (129 dead and over 400 injured), if we really want actions like this to stop, we have to look at the root causes.

It may not be the popular thing to do, but we're going to have to acknowledge that ISIS was created and funded by the US administration. McCain proudly posed for a photo op with ISIS members a while ago. Google it. That photo is all over the internet.
While it can't be proven today that the US has direct control over ISIS, it certainly set the fire which became ISIS, and now rages. All of us bear responsibility for allowing our leaders to do this (and a lot of other things they're doing in the Middle East).

Additionally, there is the concept of blowback. That is the idea that these attacks did NOT come from out of nowhere, but are in fact, retribution for our previous actions. There is no excuse for killing innocent people, but this attack on Paris did NOT happen in a vacuum. We have been killing innocent people all over the Middle East by the hundreds of thousands for years with bullets and bombs. It should not surprise us that some bullets and bombs were aimed back at us (the West). Violence begets violence.

And it's also of worthy note that there was also a terrorist attack in Beirut (over 40 dead) the day before Paris and not a peep from the main stream media. And this is part of the problem. We have the media treating muslim victims of terrorism differently than western victims of terrorism. As long as we continue to segregate (or allow our media to do it for us) victims of terror into two separate classes, the problem will continue.

If humanity is to heal, we have to stop our own governments from funding and supporting terrorists in the Middle East and withdraw all of our military from the Middle East. We have no business being there. We also need to stop treating victims of terror world wide differently, based on where the victim was born or their religion.

By definition, classifying humans and treating them differently is not going to bring us together.
Wow absolutely wow..it's the first time i read someone who thinks differently not like the media followers..everyone is talking about muslims..this is not islam if they read the Coran..this is the bunch of idiots made by US government to manipulate the world..no one had ampathy with palastinian killed every day..the whole thing is manipulated but unfortunately a few people released that..do you know that The Callion Café in paris which was attacked was an Algerian Café ? all muslims are dead in this café and i know some..i'm really upset to what happen to paris our governments should stop this kid game

Old 11-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Before we give Muslims a free pass, may I suggest you watch this:

https://youtu.be/g7TAAw3oQvg

Last edited by ScriptMan; 11-16-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:02 PM

This is really very sad. None of religious allow this kind of attacks. Facebook allow us to change profile pic to support Paris Peoples.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is really sad for all the world. i think its not allowed all the religious to murder Innocent People, Child, Old Age its really shameful for human being so we are submitted the protest on this forum.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

This is NOT a Muslim issue.
This is an "a$$holes with no respect for life" issue.

If a Christian goes into a theatre and shoots 80 innocent people while yelling "Praise God And Jesus", it does NOT make that a Christian terrorist act any more than it becomes a Muslim terrorist act if he shouts "Allahu Akbar".

Terror has no religion, no colour and no borders. It is anti-humanist. Period.

If you're going to allow something like this to change the way you think about a certain religion or group, then you've just been played. You will serve someone else's agenda quite nicely.

Understand just how many Muslims call Paris home. This is NOT a Muslim issue.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Totally Agree, As per the above post form ZAP.
Terror has no religion, no colour and no borders. It is anti-humanist. Period.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Yea, well we created the problem. Our failed policies in the Middle East led to all of this...It actually all started back in the 1910's but the current problem started during the Cold War when we decided to back Afghanistan against Russia...

Think about it like this:
  1. We supply local Afghani's with weapons, training, etc...(this includes people like Osama Bin Laden)
  2. Once they beat the Russians they stock pile weapons and some time goes by...eventually the West becomes a hated entity due to our intrusions in Africa and the Middle East by various Presidents
  3. 9/11 terrorists strike back in the most horrific act of terrorism on US soil
  4. Bush declares war and starts bombing and killing indescriminately throughout the Middle East with the support of various countries
  5. Obama takes office and pulls our troops out of the area creating a vacuum
  6. Moderate and Extremist groups fill that void and start recruiting
  7. Syrians create havoc in their country which leaves the door open for said moderates and extremists to take land and control
  8. The US cannot stand Assad (President in control of Syria) and are determined to overthrow him so we start supplying moderates which are in turn making deals with ISIS
  9. We support countries which support these other groups
  10. ISIS grows so strong in recruiting and in power that they create havoc across the world while the US basically does nothing to stop them (Obama even calls them a JV squad at one point)

That's essentially how I see things...we should never be allowed to go to war unless a President can guarantee stability in 8 years...otherwise polices become failed and we just create more problems than we solve.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfx View Post
Wow absolutely wow..it's the first time i read someone who thinks differently not like the media followers..everyone is talking about muslims..this is not islam if they read the Coran..this is the bunch of idiots made by US government to manipulate the world..no one had ampathy with palastinian killed every day..the whole thing is manipulated but unfortunately a few people released that..do you know that The Callion Café in paris which was attacked was an Algerian Café ? all muslims are dead in this café and i know some..i'm really upset to what happen to paris our governments should stop this kid game
I actually reside in France, i must tell you it was a horrible thing everyone was in fear, for those who are saying it wasn't the muslims, were the attackers christians?. Before carrying out their attack they always recite the koran "allah wakubar" is allah wakuba in the bible?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You are living in fool's world if you think terror has no religion, color. Some people want to go in dark middle ages and problem is that most of them have been educated and brought up in Europe.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
You are living in fool's world if you think terror has no religion, color. Some people want to go in dark middle ages and problem is that most of them have been educated and brought up in Europe.
Yeah. SOME PEOPLE, not all Muslims.
Like I said before, if you're going to allow a few lunatics to colour your views of a religion of over a billion people, you're a fool and you'll be played by the puppet masters who want to divide people to rule them.

When a Christian goes nuts and kills a bunch of people, we don't blame Christianity. Same goes for Islam, or Buddhism or any other religion.

Again, there are over a billion Muslims in the world! That's 1 out of every 7 people.
If Islam was really the problem, we'd ALL be dead long ago.
So quit allowing the media to TELL you who to fear and quit being their tool.
Use the brain that you were born with to do just a little bit of independent thinking.
If Islam is a terrorist religion because some Muslims have committed terorist acts, then Christianity is a terrorist religion, Judaism is a terrorist religion, Hinduism is a terrorist religion, even Bhuddism is a terrorist religion.
See a pattern there? Apply just a little bit of logic and your nonsensical "Islam is a terrorist religion" argument falls apart.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
If Islam is a terrorist religion because some Muslims have committed terorist acts, then Christianity is a terrorist religion, Judaism is a terrorist religion, Hinduism is a terrorist religion, even Bhuddism is a terrorist religion.
That certainly is true of all of them at one time or another. I could not have said it better myself.

The solution probably is to ban all religion outside the home.

Please note that I am not anti-belief in Deity but am strongly anti-religion. More Hell, pain and suffering has been caused by the lot of them than other force on this Earth.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Religion was devised to guide the human beings, under a proper set or rules and regulations for better progressive society. But now people have forgot the root of religion, its motive behind establishment and has taken religion as the "ever present - ultimate truth".

Old 01-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
Religion was devised to guide the human beings, under a proper set or rules and regulations for better progressive society. But now people have forgot the root of religion, its motive behind establishment and has taken religion as the "ever present - ultimate truth".
Religion was created to give some people power over others. What you said might be the public version of that.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Religion was created to give some people power over others. What you said might be the public version of that.
Couldn't agree more.
Organized religion is a control mechanism, nothing more, and is completely separate and apart from spirituality.

As evidenced in this thread, religion is a great way to manipulate one group of human beings into hating another group of human beings.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:04 PM

I am From France, i hate terrorism.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread