Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-18-2015, 12:19 PM

What is the professional assessment of the gold decline?

What is the accepted, professional gold followers explanation for gold's rise to 1800 and the current steady down trend, approaching 1000? Will 1000 be a signal to dump gold or buy gold? Does anyone without a dog in the fight have an opinion? I would think gold would be going up given the irresponsible spending and borrowing by governments all over the world, but it continues to falter.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think so it will drop in this year. It was decline 2013.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonoreTn View Post
What is the accepted, professional gold followers explanation for gold's rise to 1800 and the current steady down trend, approaching 1000? Will 1000 be a signal to dump gold or buy gold? Does anyone without a dog in the fight have an opinion? I would think gold would be going up given the irresponsible spending and borrowing by governments all over the world, but it continues to falter.
Do you also do FOREX? I do. I've been doing it for the past year and if you will look at the monthly chart, it's going down and it will continue to go down but the gold movement has been unpredictable lately (in my opinion). I'm not an expert but I think it will continue to go down since for the past few years it has been steadily going up.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:56 AM

Gold is going down because

gold goes down when the world is becoming stable and up when its getting less stable. It also goes down when interest rates go up. When interest goes up the value of currency goes up meaning gold goes down.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am a finance professional and I think Gold trades in its own little world. Ideally, every major currency would be backed by a universal standard (gold). But the problem is that it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. So professionals like Peter Schiff screaming buy gold are wrong in my opinion. Interest rates are going up and historically gold has been considered a "safe" investment for older people. Rates have been near zero so gold was attractive but now that interest rates are rising the 2% annual yield looks more attractive to risk-adverse investors than gold because at least CDs pay a small yield

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread