Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 04:26 AM
TechWizard's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
FBI vs. Apple What Do You Think?

It's the huge headline FBI versus Apple. In fact everyone is joining in, Microsoft, Google, and many more are supporting Apple.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/01/her...-hearing-live/

Was yesterday's connection to watching the Live Judiciary commitee with links to the time line so you can get caught up and more...

The big question, should Apple have to unlock the dead terrorist's iPhone for the FBI?

Should Apple put a backdoor into the iPhone so the FBI can get in without problems in the future?

These are the two big questions that I see, are they the correct ones?

My personal take according to these two questions?

Why wouldn't Apple voluntarily unlock the iPhone of someone who is deceased that committed such an act that has been linked to terrorism as well?

Should Apple put a back door into their program? Not just no but Hell No!

Though I do refer back to question one. I don't see why they resist unlocking the phone.

So what are your thoughts and feelings about it and why?
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 AM
ScriptMan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02-10-07
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 13,127
iTrader: 4 / 100%
If I were a Federal judge the CEO would be in jail for contempt and the stock holders would pay a fine of 1 BILLION per day until the company complied.

Apple the preferred phone of Terrorists everywhere.

While Apple likes to think they are above the law their rights are no better than mine and if I refused my butt would be in jail.
__________________
I do not put ads or pop-ups in my posts and I have no control of what shows there. I do not endorse any product displayed in my post.
Scriptman's Playhouse || Ramblings from an old man
 
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 AM
TechWizard's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
If I were a Federal judge the CEO would be in jail for contempt and the stock holders would pay a fine of 1 BILLION per day until the company complied.

Apple the preferred phone of Terrorists everywhere.

While Apple likes to think they are above the law their rights are no better than mine and if I refused my butt would be in jail.
You have an EXCELLENT point! Personally I am seeing Apple's refusal to unlock a dead person's phone after it has been verified there are terrorist ties Apple taking an opportunity to do no more than create a Publicity Stunt that benefits Apple. If that very thing was not mentioned verbatim behind closed doors would surprise me.

The backdoor on the other hand IS completely wrong. This is also the part that other companies are standing behind them on.
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 09:18 AM
ScriptMan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02-10-07
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 13,127
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
The backdoor on the other hand IS completely wrong. This is also the part that other companies are standing behind them on.
I completely agree that building a back door and handing it over is completely wrong.

No agency should ever be able to do that at will. Apple only should when a valid court order is presented.
__________________
I do not put ads or pop-ups in my posts and I have no control of what shows there. I do not endorse any product displayed in my post.
Scriptman's Playhouse || Ramblings from an old man
 
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM
The Controversial Coder
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Location: Manchester; UK
Posts: 2,708
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Where does it end though? I think we can all agree that we should be against terrorism and that companies should do their bit when terrorists use their products.

However, the FBI want to have a back door in all Apple products, and to be able to read them as they will - Mr. Snowdon would have a breakdown over this potential catastrophic breach of privacy.

Now I'm not even a privacy advocate, I simply couldn't care less personally, but it sets a precedent if we allow the US government to have an inside to all devices built by Apple, who watches the watchers and all that.
 
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2016, 05:27 AM
TechWizard's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williamson View Post
Where does it end though? I think we can all agree that we should be against terrorism and that companies should do their bit when terrorists use their products.

However, the FBI want to have a back door in all Apple products, and to be able to read them as they will - Mr. Snowdon would have a breakdown over this potential catastrophic breach of privacy.

Now I'm not even a privacy advocate, I simply couldn't care less personally, but it sets a precedent if we allow the US government to have an inside to all devices built by Apple, who watches the watchers and all that.
It is really a given that no company should be made to create a backdoor into their product for the convenience of any agency. That is creating a temptation to the Government and others that could and would not be resisted.

I agree with ScriptMan that everyone does have an obligation to assist in preventing crime protecting others etc...

Had the court ordered any other person or smaller company to comply and assist and they refused or failed to do so they would be in jail for contempt if nothing else. The topic of privacy is actually mute and non-existent since the owner is deceased any way.

Apple's refusal to open the single phone is not only a violation of law at this point it is also nothing more than a publicity stunt and a representation of how Apple puts their own views, profit and benefit before that of anyone else as they always have.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.