Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

John Pilger | The Coming War on China

John Pilger, to those who may not already know, is one of the world's best investigative journalists and he's releasing his latest work soon. I just thought i'd share this http://thecomingwarmovie.com/about . Take a look at his home page where there's a 5 minute video reel of some of his most important work to date.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Wow, thanks for sharing. I've always found historical wars, space programs, cold war etc. to be very fascinating. To see something similar in the modern context is very very interesting. Have read about the ongoing economic warfare (if I may say so) between the two giants in the world today but wasn't aware that it has progressed so far militarily.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav2555 View Post
Wow, thanks for sharing. I've always found historical wars, space programs, cold war etc. to be very fascinating. To see something similar in the modern context is very very interesting. Have read about the ongoing economic warfare (if I may say so) between the two giants in the world today but wasn't aware that it has progressed so far militarily.
The military build up by the US is huge and China is all but 'surrounded' by vast armaments and then there are the Spratly islands!

Trumps tweet about his congratulations from the Taiwanese 'govt' has caused more of a stir today.

Watch this space.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, but some section of media is putting Trump's interest in Taiwan down to his interest in expansion of his business in Taiwan. Not sure about the amount of truth in this but he isn't officially the president and don't think he is currently being "advised" on foreign policy issues.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for sharing... Not much of a history guy and politics guy, but at least it's worth a look from time to time to add more to my knowledge...

Old 01-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogOfe34 View Post
Thanks for sharing... Not much of a history guy and politics guy, but at least it's worth a look from time to time to add more to my knowledge...
More people should take the time to research world news outside of mainstream media.

Trump and Russia seems to be the big issue in world news, whereas it should be China and the fact that the US is surrounding them with everything it can muster.

Just imagine if Canada, Greenland, Mexico, the Galapagos all had Chinese troops, warships etc on them with missiles facing their major cities. Silly me, this wouldn't be allowed would it.

But if China even dare to build a few airstrips in the Spratly's it's a major issue!

American foreign policy at its best, do as we say not as we do.

Last edited by Woomeister; 01-17-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spell

Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Humans tend to cyclic activity.

http://www.lifecourse.com/about/meth...-turnings.html

Old 01-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Just imagine if Canada, Greenland, Mexico, the Galapagos all had Chinese troops, warships etc on them with missiles facing their major cities.
Hey, us Canadians are nice people!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

So, what's so wrong about wanting to drive the Zamboni??

Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The tone has definitely been lowered in an otherwise 'high brow' thread.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It absolutely has lowered.

In all honesty, we will all have a better idea after the weekend. Much can happen in the next 2 days.

But I sort of expect the US to be mostly isolated from the Asian market soon if Trump messes up as anticipated. Japan does not want a bilateral agreement with Trump's US and he may lose much of the European market.

Looks like Trump has already initiated action in US vs mid and lower incomes - FHA home loans will now raise loan insurance required cost by about $100 a year on a $150,000 home - this includes existing mortgages.

I have not had chance to research that last in depth yet, so feel free to add details/depth here.

EGads!! One can see the brows rising........

Old 01-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnpt View Post
It absolutely has lowered.

In all honesty, we will all have a better idea after the weekend. Much can happen in the next 2 days.

But I sort of expect the US to be mostly isolated from the Asian market soon if Trump messes up as anticipated. Japan does not want a bilateral agreement with Trump's US and he may lose much of the European market.

Looks like Trump has already initiated action in US vs mid and lower incomes - FHA home loans will now raise loan insurance required cost by about $100 a year on a $150,000 home - this includes existing mortgages.

I have not had chance to research that last in depth yet, so feel free to add details/depth here.

EGads!! One can see the brows rising........
Did you read the original post i made...as we seem to be way off topic now?

Old 01-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Since the original post referred to a somewhat apocalyptic possible path (actual war - probably nuclear) without presenting any info not already known to me I had disregarded most of it (I disagree with the conclusion - would say less than 5% nuclear and probably a negotiated treaty re South China Sea) but a trade war is likely.

So yes, we have wandered.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnpt View Post
Since the original post referred to a somewhat apocalyptic possible path (actual war - probably nuclear) without presenting any info not already known to me I had disregarded most of it (I disagree with the conclusion - would say less than 5% nuclear and probably a negotiated treaty re South China Sea) but a trade war is likely.

So yes, we have wandered.
Trade war yes, I agree.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Contributing Member

Encircling of any country by another country is just a psychological measure I feel, as long as the encircled country has nuclear tipped ICBMs. These days just about anyone seems to have them, even guys like North Korea. These will hopefully act against a deterrent against any rash actions by anyone. Wars are more likely to take the form of a trade war or cyber war. Putin has already taken steps to start the latter.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Encircling of any country by another country is just a psychological measure I feel, as long as the encircled country has nuclear tipped ICBMs. These days just about anyone seems to have them, even guys like North Korea. These will hopefully act against a deterrent against any rash actions by anyone. Wars are more likely to take the form of a trade war or cyber war. Putin has already taken steps to start the latter.
Saw this hilarious impersonation of Trump by Alec Baldwin on SNL. Watch till the end where Putin blackmails him

Last edited by vaguar; 01-21-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The sabre rattling has begun in earnest...http://www.pravdareport.com/hotspots...usa_nuclear-0/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues