Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

View Poll Results: Are you with Abortion or against?
I am totaly with Abortion 15 24.19%
I am against it for any reason 30 48.39%
It depends on the cituation 17 27.42%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Lebanese Princess

Abortion

Are you with or against abortion?
This is a public pool, I need to see your point of view.
This is what a colleague in my school have to say, this is his point of view of abortion:
Quote:
I feel very strongly about women's choice and Oregon is voting on passing a law that requires underage women to have a letter sent home to their parents before having an abortion. So, I'm writing my paper on Choice vs Life.
What do you think about that? Are you with or without? What is your point of view?

Thank you. I will post my point of view later on, when I put the pool.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Lebanese Princess

I am against abortion of all kind, I think this is a great step to send a letter to the parents because the underage women may die when the do the abortion, as well, did you ever saw an abortion video tape? They are killing a child as well, this is not a choice, this is killing as well, abortion must not be allowed in any circumstances, this is my own point of view.

This was my first answer.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:23 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I'm against it as well.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Easily Outraged
Latest Blog:
None

Against it.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Latest Blog:
Easy Chili

In my heart I am against abortions but it is also something I think God should judge and not me.

All of me is against late term abortions. if it looks like a human in the ultrasound, it is murder.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, it is just, the thought of killing a life makes me so scared, I will never do that you know, this makes me cry.
I just love to do a research as well about when an underage women don't want a baby why she would not make sure that she will not get pregnant first, or why she will go out in the first place?
All women must have in mind that this is a life growing inside you you know, I think because I am Catholic maybe I am just so defensive on these stuff, sorry about that.
It is just, I am so in love with my kids and I do believe that a baby is a miracle, this miracle make my day and he/she have rights as well when being inside my belly, both of my kids make me proud and when I know some one did abortion, I don't say anything but I just feel so sad about it, I am not so strict and a person that don't understand people, I read allot and love to have knowledge of anything, but I really feel it is a good idea to let the parents knows about an under age women when she get the abortion, for her sake you know, I really knows allot of stories that young women did die from doing this.

( I am trying to put my own discussion as I did in my class)
I am totally with you here Jasonpoteet.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Easily Outraged
Latest Blog:
None

This is going to be an interesting thread.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

As far as underage girls go....I think it would be completely irresponsible for a doctor to perform this on a minor without parental consent.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
As far as underage girls go....I think it would be completely irresponsible for a doctor to perform this on a minor without parental consent.

I really think the same, if my kid was in this situation, I want to be next her, I want to hold her and say no, I will prevent this before it will happen, but in case it did, so let her take responsibility on what she did and i use to tell her take care off.
Doing Abortion is a pure killing to me.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Against it..

-
Morpheus (The Matrix)

Old 11-08-2006, 07:40 PM
xo mudslide

I became pregnant at 18 as a senior in high school. My teachers almost begged me to have an abortion. They told me I would ruin my life and this child I was carrying would surely suffer by at least being poor.

My future mother-in-law and father-in-law ...and his grandfather too - had a "conversation" with me (ambush is a better word) and told me I would most definitely ruin their son's life. My future mom in law also made up a lie that she had an abortion so her son would feel better about it.

My baby girl is now 19 years old. She's in college, works almost full-time and has her own place. She is beautiful inside and out. She TAUGHT me how to be a mother. She is not only my daughter, but my best friend.

Within the first month or so I felt her flutter inside of me. I have been in love with her every since.

She was HUMAN inside of me. She had her own personality. God gave her beautiful blue eyes and a heart like Jesus. Ironically, she was born and was almost the spitting image of her grandma. Grandma took one look at her and asked me to forgive her for ever suggesting such a forsaken thing.

We, as humans, try to justify our evil ways. Abortion, in almost every case, is selfish. We want to make ourselves feel better. I mean, who would want to willing fully pay to have their own flesh and blood murdered right inside of them?

Please do not get me wrong. I KNOW first hand how scary a situation one can be in and how agonizing the thought of the unknown can be. I was there. My daughter is a blessing not only to me, but many others.

My 2Cents.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Easily Outraged
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
I became pregnant at 18 as a senior in high school. My teachers almost begged me to have an abortion. They told me I would ruin my life and this child I was carrying would surely suffer by at least being poor.

My future mother-in-law and father-in-law ...and his grandfather too - had a "conversation" with me (ambush is a better word) and told me I would most definitely ruin their son's life. My future mom in law also made up a lie that she had an abortion so her son would feel better about it.

My baby girl is now 19 years old. She's in college, works almost full-time and has her own place. She is beautiful inside and out. She TAUGHT me how to be a mother. She is not only my daughter, but my best friend.

Within the first month or so I felt her flutter inside of me. I have been in love with her every since.

She was HUMAN inside of me. She had her own personality. God gave her beautiful blue eyes and a heart like Jesus. Ironically, she was born and was almost the spitting image of her grandma. Grandma took one look at her and asked me to forgive her for ever suggesting such a forsaken thing.

We, as humans, try to justify our evil ways. Abortion, in almost every case, is selfish. We want to make ourselves feel better. I mean, who would want to willing fully pay to have their own flesh and blood murdered right inside of them?

Please do not get me wrong. I KNOW first hand how scary a situation one can be in and how agonizing the thought of the unknown can be. I was there. My daughter is a blessing not only to me, but many others.

My 2Cents.
Exactly how I look at and feel about it. Perfectly done.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

here is how i look at it

Science has yet to prove and possibly never will prove when life actually occurs. Does life begin at conception? We don't know. I for one am not God and nobody on this planet can say for sure when life actually begins, therefore I must always give life the benifit of the doubt.

I'm totally against it because until I'm God and I know the very split second that life actually occurs I can not risk morally supporting what is or could possibly be murder.

Proponants of abortion say its just a cell, a fetus,.. well not one of them can tell you exactly when life occurs. They can't!! None of us can. Until we can, why risk it at the very least from a moral standpoint.

Just my FYI

Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

Oh my Kristy, see, this is a great step, now you are a wonderful mother and you have a great baby girl who is a wonderful women, when I was pregnant with my second baby, I was so sick and the doctor told me I will loose my child, I was crying day and night for god so this will never happen, not abortion and i was feeling like my baby will die and I am responsible, how about abortion?
She is my beautiful Angel right now, well, I have 2 wonderful angels

Old 11-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

You know Chris1974, this is true, I just feel that abortion is totally like a Mother killing her own child when he/she is 1 year, or more or less of age, it is the same for me. It is not religious, it is pure human for me.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Abortion has always been a hot topic for me. I think it's because it was explained to me when I was 13. And the only form that was explained to me at the time was partial-birth...

To be honest though, of those abortions that do happen... My heart goes out for the mothers, not the babies. The way I understand it, they are without sin at this point and likely in heaven anyways. The mothers have to live with their decision.. poor things It seems like they are killing a part of themselves.

Quote:

i have to say though... in this forum... being a later person to vote, there was no possible way that I expected all to vote the same way. I figured all 3 options would have been chosen by now!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Easily Outraged
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
i have to say though... in this forum... being a later person to vote, there was no possible way that I expected all to vote the same way. I figured all 3 options would have been chosen by now!
Yeah.

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice is interesting in the politics. However, if you value life, i think it is an easy choice between the two. Playing the hand of God is a very tough job.

Last edited by Nick; 11-08-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

Yes Dustin, I think you are so right about they are killing a part of them selves, some times, women have depression because of that, because they feel it is still inside them you know.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Individualist

100% against.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Lebanese Princess
Latest Blog:
None

See Dustin, you had your wish lol, now there is one with Abortion, but I did not know why?
What is your point of view if I may ask? Each one have his point of view, will you share it with us Bri? If you don't mind of course.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues