Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Play nice everyone.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member

Basically you guys are agreeing on the end (that actions in the middle east are to blame), but just debating on the means (how you arrived at the conclusion). Therefore there really is no cause for a fight! Let it go.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Basically you guys are agreeing on the end (that actions in the middle east are to blame), but just debating on the means (how you arrived at the conclusion). Therefore there really is no cause for a fight! Let it go.
I don't agree with that, some people have a mind set that didn't evolve since the medieval times, thats all.
Of Course destabilizing Iraq, Syria and Libya helped this ideas to spread and thats was stupid.

Kinésio Tapes - Best Price/Quality ratio

Old 06-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

It's common sense, or at least it should be.

If you bomb and kill innocent people in far away lands, don't you think their surviving relatives might be a little upset? Maybe they'd want to exact some sort of revenge?
Put yourself in their situation. Wouldn't you?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

I think people in this thread are having trouble understanding each other. Best to lock it down.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I think people in this thread are having trouble understanding each other. Best to lock it down.
I agree and I started it.

Certain people are actually making an argument where there was none! I completely agree that our bombing raids and wars etc were part causation for the attacks, but only part.

ISIS Have stated that they attack us first and foremost because 'you are disbelievers', secondly because we are 'liberal and secular', thirdly because we are partly 'atheist', and finally because we have committed 'crimes against muslims and our lands'.

So let's not just think its for the wars as its not.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You guys have already been warned to play nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Play nice everyone.
This thread is in the Controversial Social Issues section. People are going to disagree. This is an opportunity to build your debating skills through civil and respectful discussion.

There are 2 moderators in this conversation. If you don't play nice they can/will shut this thread down.

HTMLBasicTutor
Admin.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
You guys have already been warned to play nice

This thread is in the Controversial Social Issues section. People are going to disagree. This is an opportunity to build your debating skills through civil and respectful discussion.

There are 2 moderators in this conversation. If you don't play nice they can/will shut this thread down.

HTMLBasicTutor
Admin.
Yes, people are entitled to their opinion as much as they're entitled to disagree, especially since this is the controversial social issues thread. But disagreement per se isn't the problem. Disagreement without attempting to understand each other is. Without such an understanding, this thread is like a boat, each of whose rowers are trying to row in a different direction & the boat is ending up going nowhere.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

First of all, when we speak of ISIS, we actually may be talking about different things.
ISIS has gone through some changes since its inception.
In the beginning, ISIS was created by the US and Israel as a tool for their foreign policy and was largely made up of PAID mercenaries who's job it was to destabilize Syria to effect regime change.
Since then, you've got everyone from devout muslims who really do hate that westerners have freedom joining their ranks, to disgruntled teenagers who don't like living under mommy and daddy's rules. Plenty of these kids have left their cushy homes to "join ISIS" and a lot of them have found themselves killed by ISIS or turned into slaves. Some were even lucky enough to make it back.
As a result, you've got a different group now that has an agenda very different from it's original one.

ISIS is still used as a foreign policy tool by Israel and the US.
If you doubt that, you probably think it's a coincidence each time the US strikes a Syrian military target with their planes and immediately after, ISIS moves in for the kill. This has happened several times. It's NOT a coincidence.
You probably also believe that it's just coincidence that President Duterte of the Philippines has been thumbing his nose at the US publicly and now finds his own country being overrun by ISIS forces.
Have a look at the map below and note how far it is from where ISIS is traditionally staging most of their battles.

There is no doubt that some of the reasons ISIS attacks westerners is because we are non-believers, atheists and because we have committed crimes against the Islam in the Middle East, but that only tells a very small part of the story. It's too narrow a view to get the picture. ISIS also commits crimes against Islam so that can't really be taken seriously as a valid reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Terror attack in London.-asia_map.gif  

Old 06-25-2017, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

yes, this is very bad that some people do this kind of stuff to innocent people

Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think at the core of middle east wars, is arab divisions and hatred towards each other. Its Arab vs Arab. Outside countries join in to take sides but the main issue is Arabs against Arabs. When they learn how to live with each other they will have peace.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues